Jump to content

Start of cruising from Sydney & Brisbane?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

Are you still of the opinion that you will be able to cruise from Australia in April 2021? I am sorry to tell you, it is not going to happen. ☹️

Carnival have just announced that cruising is cancelled up till 2nd March 2021

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rkmw said:

Carnival have just announced that cruising is cancelled up till 2nd March 2021

And if cruising is cancelled up to 2nd of March there is no way there will be any Carnival ships here on April.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

And if cruising is cancelled up to 2nd of March there is no way there will be any Carnival ships here on April.

Well it really depends IMO - both Carnival ships are due here year-round (Spirit and Splendor) so they will not repo to anywhere anytime soon

 

Michael

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2020 at 10:14 AM, OzKiwiJJ said:

And if cruising is cancelled up to 2nd of March there is no way there will be any Carnival ships here on April.

 

17 hours ago, eamondzhang said:

Well it really depends IMO - both Carnival ships are due here year-round (Spirit and Splendor) so they will not repo to anywhere anytime soon

 

Michael

 

Both ships are around Singapore/east coast of Malaysia at the moment and are likely to stay there until at least the 2nd March. It will take some time to crew the ships, to make the ships Covid ready for both crew and passengers, order provisions and stock the ships, satisfy any quarantine requirements and then sail to Australia.

 

Leigh

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

I can’t see any cruise ships coming for quite a while ,or at least until the backlogs and interruptions to the supply chains are sorted. 
 

https://theloadstar.com/australias-crisis-hit-shipping-industry-now-providing-a-third-world-service/

There famine problems in developing countries such as Philippines and Burma.

Supply chain and production has collapsed mainly because of the pandemic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, possum52 said:

 

 

Both ships are around Singapore/east coast of Malaysia at the moment and are likely to stay there until at least the 2nd March. It will take some time to crew the ships, to make the ships Covid ready for both crew and passengers, order provisions and stock the ships, satisfy any quarantine requirements and then sail to Australia.

 

Leigh

It would be an issue but not too dramatic - remember they were able to crew those ships in Europe/Asia that resumed services already

 

I would bet that a majority of them are Indian/Filipos/Indonesians etc just like pre-COVID

 

Michael

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, eamondzhang said:

It would be an issue but not too dramatic - remember they were able to crew those ships in Europe/Asia that resumed services already

 

I would bet that a majority of them are Indian/Filipos/Indonesians etc just like pre-COVID

 

Michael

Certainly are mate, stewards, waiters, buffet attendants, kitchen staff, 95% from the above countries. Getting a few eastern europeans on the ships now too, in casinos, bars.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Certainly are mate, stewards, waiters, buffet attendants, kitchen staff, 95% from the above countries. Getting a few eastern europeans on the ships now too, in casinos, bars.

Yep and I've also seen quite a few Chinese/Thai/Malaysian/Vietnamese crews. Actually I would think given the COVID situation there it might turn out a better solution to use these guys - or at least part of them right now

 

Michael

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, eamondzhang said:

It would be an issue but not too dramatic - remember they were able to crew those ships in Europe/Asia that resumed services already

 

I would bet that a majority of them are Indian/Filipos/Indonesians etc just like pre-COVID

 

Michael

Possibly crews would not be as much a problem but the other things I mentioned could be. For cruising to resume from Australia, the federal government will need to give permission and that doesn't seem it will happen any time in the near future. Ships also may have to gain re-certification to allow them to sail again.

 

The following article is interesting -

Ships Restarting to Cruise 

and this one - 

World Cruise Ships Restarting Cruising

 

The Carnival website has the all Spirit cruises suspended until 16th May 2021. 

CANCELLED CRUISES

  • Carnival Splendor sailings through and including 2 March 2021
  • Carnival Spirit sailings through and including 16 May 2021

 

Leigh

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, possum52 said:

Possibly crews would not be as much a problem but the other things I mentioned could be. For cruising to resume from Australia, the federal government will need to give permission and that doesn't seem it will happen any time in the near future. Ships also may have to gain re-certification to allow them to sail again.

 

The following article is interesting -

Ships Restarting to Cruise 

and this one - 

World Cruise Ships Restarting Cruising

 

The Carnival website has the all Spirit cruises suspended until 16th May 2021. 

CANCELLED CRUISES

  • Carnival Splendor sailings through and including 2 March 2021
  • Carnival Spirit sailings through and including 16 May 2021

 

Leigh

 

 

Oh yeah for sure.

 

One thing I also want to note is some cruise lines relies on imported goods more than others - and obviously those who import a whole bunch like CCL would be more severely affected than those who use more local products like HAL Group and RCCL I believe

 

Last time when I did the behind the scene tour on Carnival Legend (when it sailed out of Melbourne) it literally had 90% of the ship filled with imported stuff - from orange juices to tea to tomatos and yoghurts. It doesn't surprise me if they were hit harder than say P&O on logistical side.

 

Michael

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eamondzhang said:

Oh yeah for sure.

 

One thing I also want to note is some cruise lines relies on imported goods more than others - and obviously those who import a whole bunch like CCL would be more severely affected than those who use more local products like HAL Group and RCCL I believe

 

Last time when I did the behind the scene tour on Carnival Legend (when it sailed out of Melbourne) it literally had 90% of the ship filled with imported stuff - from orange juices to tea to tomatos and yoghurts. It doesn't surprise me if they were hit harder than say P&O on logistical side.

 

Michael

And that is one of the reasons that I think that cruising even if it is given the go ahead in March that it is unlikely for most cruise companies to be ready to sail in April. The only possiblity would be P&O. The other major companies are unlikely to sail in our waters until the 2021-22 season. Even if a vaccine is available in the next few months, I think it will take some time for everyone who want the vaccine to be vaccinated. I would think that it could be a neccessity for all passengers to have a Covid 19 vaccination before boarding a cruise ship as well as having a negative test beforehand.

 

Leigh

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, possum52 said:

. For cruising to resume from Australia, the federal government will need to give permission and that doesn't seem it will happen any time in the near future. Ships also may have to gain re-certification to allow them to sail again

  • Carnival Splendor sailings through and including 2 March 2021
  • Carnival Spirit sailings through and including 16 May 2021

Royal Caribbean has four ships sailing out of Sydney and Brisbane right from Jan 2021 onwards

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, drsel said:

Royal Caribbean has four ships sailing out of Sydney and Brisbane right from Jan 2021 onwards


They have cancelled all local trips before 31 January.

 

Just because they are taking bookings, as has been happening for months, does not mean they have permission to sail here. They just keep rolling the cancellations every month or so.  You should have noticed the pattern by now.

 

Anyway, no overseas travellers would be allowed until the country to take these imaginary cruises.

 

870BC864-E65B-492E-A8A4-B24EF97807F4.thumb.jpeg.d40a5ca701f159631ce2b32387e74e66.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, possum52 said:

And that is one of the reasons that I think that cruising even if it is given the go ahead in March that it is unlikely for most cruise companies to be ready to sail in April.

 

The Splendor cruise was booked using fresh cash along with a future Cruise credit from a previously cancelled Spirit Cruise.

I  received 900 AUD OBC as incentive to book another Cruise, instead of taking a refund.

 

So if Carnival again cancels my April 2021 Splendor Cruise, what extra incentive can/will they give me to carry forward my deposit to a future Cruise?

I booked through a US online and offline agent.

Edited by drsel
Link to post
Share on other sites

I still don't see any reason why I should cancel this extremely low priced Cruise, which for me is practically free.

If Carnival wants to cancel it, then let them do so and offer me a suitable  incentive to shift the money to a future Cruise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, drsel said:

 

The Splendor cruise was booked using fresh cash along with a future Cruise credit from a previously cancelled Spirit Cruise.

I  received 900 AUD OBC as incentive to book another Cruise, instead of taking a refund.

 

So if Carnival again cancels my April 2021 Splendor Cruise, what extra incentive can/will they give me to carry forward my deposit to a future Cruise?

I booked through a US online and offline agent.

What you have paid on the original cruise will come off the price of any future cruise plus the $900 OBC and if the future cruise has any extra OBC you will receive that too

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, drsel said:

I still don't see any reason why I should cancel this extremely low priced Cruise, which for me is practically free.

If Carnival wants to cancel it, then let them do so and offer me a suitable  incentive to shift the money to a future Cruise.

 

I am Sorry to say we are going round in circles here..

 

Fact Australia will not be opening borders to any country

being ravaged for Covid-19...   look at late 2021   maybe 2022

 

Cruising in Australia may start late 2021 to Australian and New Zealand only.....

 

If you which to book a cruise which most likely not sail

go for it.....  ( it is your money )

 

and Yes the cruise line will cancel it.......

 

Wishing the cheap cruise will sail.... is just wishing...

 

No Magical Pixie is going a wave a Wand.....

 

and it is all going to go away in a puff of smoke.....

 

All I am saying.... as said... go ahead and book as many cruises as you like .... but  until the government make an official statement on when they will allow cruising to begin...

 

We All Have to Wait......

 

Also Covid-19 just look at the number growing round the world

 

and the number of deaths.... and all those effect by this....

 

Don

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

 

I am Sorry to say we are going round in circles here..

 

Fact Australia will not be opening borders to any country

being ravaged for Covid-19...   look at late 2021   maybe 2022

 

Cruising in Australia may start late 2021 to Australian and New Zealand only.....

 

If you which to book a cruise which most likely not sail

go for it.....  ( it is your money )

 

and Yes the cruise line will cancel it.......

 

Wishing the cheap cruise will sail.... is just wishing...

 

No Magical Pixie is going a wave a Wand.....

 

and it is all going to go away in a puff of smoke.....

 

All I am saying.... as said... go ahead and book as many cruises as you like .... but  until the government make an official statement on when they will allow cruising to begin...

 

We All Have to Wait......

 

Also Covid-19 just look at the number growing round the world

 

and the number of deaths.... and all those effect by this....

 

Don

 

 

 

I agree completely with you Don, I think the OP has to accept that cruising is unlikley to occur in Australia until almost this time next year or later. Our government will certainly allow international visitors into our country until the rest of the world has Covid 19 under control. 

 

Leigh

Edited by possum52
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, possum52 said:

I agree completely with you Don, I think the OP has to accept that cruising is unlikley to occur in Australia until almost this time next year. Our government will certainly not allow international visitors into our country until the rest of the world has Covid 19 under control. 

 

Leigh

I fixed it for you, Leigh.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I'm sorry to say this, drsel, but it's time you took a reality check. Your cruise will not happen and you will not be allowed into Australia at that time.

 

Also there is no way we can state what Carnival will offer when they cancel the cruise. We are not Carnival employees. Presumably it will be similar to what they have offered in the past. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, I'm sorry to say this, drsel, but it's time you took a reality check. Your cruise will not happen and you will not be allowed into Australia at that time.

 

Also there is no way we can state what Carnival will offer when they cancel the cruise. We are not Carnival employees. Presumably it will be similar to what they have offered in the past. 

I agree that we don't know what Carnival will offer on a cruise they cancel. It may not be as generous as in the past. For example, I think Princess' later offers weren't as generous as those in the first six months of the COVID pause.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, I'm sorry to say this, drsel, but it's time you took a reality check. Your cruise will not happen and you will not be allowed into Australia at that time.

 

Also there is no way we can state what Carnival will offer when they cancel the cruise. We are not Carnival employees. Presumably it will be similar to what they have offered in the past. 

Even if drsel uses 'quote 'Fresh Cash.'  Not heard that one before.🤐 Using an off line and on line agent? Uh?

Edited by NSWP
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Alberto Aliberti, President of Atlas Ocean Voyages
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...