Jump to content

Start of cruising from Sydney & Brisbane?


Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

 

I got the impression you were comparing Taiwan's restart to cruising with Barbados which I think is not a fair comparison since Taiwan is keeping it within a very tight bubble that Barbados cannot. After all Barbados has a tiny population compared to Taiwan. There is no way Barbados could sustain a cruise industry using their population alone so Barbados unlike Taiwan doesn't have the luxury of being in a domestic travel bubble. 

 

Each country has to make decisions appropriate to its situation. Countries with less light can't rely on solar power, there's no point installing heaps of panels just because another does. And in Barbados case if cruising can't be done safely it shouldn't be done at all. Just because they can only do it unsafely isn't a justification to do it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, By The Bay said:

This was reported after our National Cabinet meeting yesterday:

 

"People may have to show proof they've received a COVID-19 vaccination if they wish to enter Australia." SMH

thanks for the news.

this is exactly what I am hoping to be in place by April 2021

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, drsel said:

thanks for the news.

this is exactly what I am hoping to be in place by April 2021


Please give up on these fantasies.

 

Our Health Minister is talking of the vaccination program available realistically in the latter half of 2021 — if there is one.

 

Once the borders re-open, it will be a selective process. Those countries and regions with limited control will not be invited.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, drsel said:

thanks for the news.

this is exactly what I am hoping to be in place by April 2021

There’s 25,000 Australian citizens who are desperate to return to Australia.

They can’t because there’s a quota and it’s not going to change in a hurry.

 

From what I understand,your a American?

Its very unlikely you will be allowed into Australia in another 4 months time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, By The Bay said:

This was reported after our National Cabinet meeting yesterday:

 

"People may have to show proof they've received a COVID-19 vaccination if they wish to enter Australia." SMH

Could you please post a link to this, have been all over the SMH site adn the Abc site looking for this    thanks Don

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Could you please post a link to this, have been all over the SMH site adn the Abc site looking for this    thanks Don

The quote I provided was in the SMH news email. Here is an extract from the AUSTRALIAN COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY. Chapter 3, page 6.

 

"While the Australian Government strongly supports immunisation and will run a strong campaign to encourage vaccination, it is not mandatory and individuals may choose not to vaccinate. There may however, be circumstances where the Australian Government and other governments may introduce border entry or re-entry requirements that are conditional on proof of vaccination."

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, By The Bay said:

The quote I provided was in the SMH news email. Here is an extract from the AUSTRALIAN COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY. Chapter 3, page 6.

 

"While the Australian Government strongly supports immunisation and will run a strong campaign to encourage vaccination, it is not mandatory and individuals may choose not to vaccinate. There may however, be circumstances where the Australian Government and other governments may introduce border entry or re-entry requirements that are conditional on proof of vaccination."

 

 

Many Thanks By the Bay... had not seen it.... cheers Don

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, drsel said:

thanks for the news.

this is exactly what I am hoping to be in place by April 2021

How many times do we have to tell you that: a) normal cruising will not be resuming in Australia by April 2021

b) Americans will not be permitted into Australia until the US has the pandemic under control, even if a vaccine is available. Vaccines aren't 100% effective so even if you had one that wouldn't automatically qualify you for entry into Australia if the virus was still uncontrolled in your country ie you could still have the potential of transmitting it despite the vaccine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

There’s 25,000 Australian citizens who are desperate to return to Australia.

They can’t because there’s a quota and it’s not going to change in a hurry.

 

From what I understand,your a American?

Its very unlikely you will be allowed into Australia in another 4 months time.

Unless you're an actor coming here to make a movie.😃😮

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

How many times do we have to tell you that: a) normal cruising will not be resuming in Australia by April 2021

b) Americans will not be permitted into Australia until the US has the pandemic under control, even if a vaccine is available. Vaccines aren't 100% effective so even if you had one that wouldn't automatically qualify you for entry into Australia if the virus was still uncontrolled in your country ie you could still have the potential of transmitting it despite the vaccine.

 

To be fair they did say they are hoping not expecting to be allowed in. Nothing wrong with hoping for the best as long as you are prepared for the worst 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

 

To be fair they did say they are hoping not expecting to be allowed in. Nothing wrong with hoping for the best as long as you are prepared for the worst 😉

The problem is that I don't think drsel is preparing for the worst judging by the tone of many the posts they have made.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

 

To be fair they did say they are hoping not expecting to be allowed in. Nothing wrong with hoping for the best as long as you are prepared for the worst 😉

Let us allow drsel to have their dreams. But most of us know, the dream is becoming a nightmare.

Edited by NSWP
Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel there is zero chance that an Australian-based cruise will be available in April 2021. In addition to this, it is most likely that the first cruises will be limited to Australians and NZ'ers.

 

We have a P&O cruise booked in August 2021. P&O don't market their cruises anywhere other than Aust and NZ so there is not the issue of international passengers being on board. If the promised vaccine is available for several months prior to August, I feel we have a 50/50 chance of that cruise going ahead. Even so, the government might not allow cruiseships into Australian waters quite that early in the pandemic-recovery process. 

Edited by Aus Traveller
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think our governments will want a vaccine to be widely available here before they allow cruising to restart with regular cruise ships, not just the small expedition ships. Thr Ruby Princess debacle is still too fresh in some of their minds. Unfortunately the closed environment of a cruise ship allows the virus to spread with ease, despite the sterling efforts of the crew to sanitise everything possible. Based on the what I've seen in my local community recently there are quite a few people who haven't learnt anything from this pandemic and whom I wouldn't trust to follow the rules on a cruise.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2020 at 6:39 AM, ilikeanswers said:

 

To be fair they did say they are hoping not expecting to be allowed in. Nothing wrong with hoping for the best as long as you are prepared for the worst 😉

Thanks! You are right.

I am just hoping that my almost free cruises will go ahead as scheduled.

If not, no problem. If Carnival cancels Apr 2021 cruises,  I will shift them to Feb -Mar 2022.

I have nothing to lose, since I havent booked any airfare/hotel,etc

Edited by drsel
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2020 at 7:26 AM, OzKiwiJJ said:

The problem is that I don't think drsel is preparing for the worst judging by the tone of many the posts they have made.

I'm prepared to shift the cruises to Feb -Mar 2022.

If Carnival cancels Apr 2021 cruises, its no problem at all

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2020 at 7:27 AM, NSWP said:

Let us allow drsel to have their dreams. But most of us know, the dream is becoming a nightmare.

What nightmare? Everthing is cool, as long as we get to cruise, whether in April 2021 or 2022.

I am not booking 2022 Aus cruises right now, just waiting for Carnival to cancel Apr 2021 first, so that I can transfer the deposits.

Edited by drsel
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, drsel said:

What nightmare? Everything is cool, as long as we get to cruise, whether in April 2021 or 2022.

I am not booking 2022 Aus cruises right now, just waiting for Carnival to cancel Apr 2021 first, so that I can transfer the deposits.

Very logical. I have a cruise booked in October 21 that is scheduled to go to the South Pacific Islands. I am not paying the final payments unless the Islands are willing to allow cruises to visit. I also need our Government to allow us to leave Australia, which at the moment we cannot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, drsel said:

I am not booking 2022 Aus cruises right now, just waiting for Carnival to cancel Apr 2021 first, so that I can transfer the deposits.

Interesting.... when I book something, one wanst to go... the cruise we should have been on now, was booked last year... and is the first holiday which has been cancelled..

 

Don

Edited by getting older slowly
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, drsel said:

Thanks! You are right.

I am just hoping that my almost free cruises will go ahead as scheduled.

If not, no problem. If Carnival cancels Apr 2021 cruises,  I will shift them to Feb -Mar 2022.

I have nothing to lose, since I havent booked any airfare/hotel,etc

With all due respect how do you get 'almost free cruises?'    Perhaps you explained that a while ago on here, if so, apologies.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Alberto Aliberti, President of Atlas Ocean Voyages
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...