New Look Cruise Critic ?

26 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Not a fan at all of the visual contrast.  Definitely do not like stark white background.   I haven't tried other features yet.

Stupid to remove post number, imo

I agree. Sometimes members refer to the post number and I always reference it to where I left off.

39 minutes ago, Bobal said:

That is definitely not an improvement. It's bad enough when people quote long posts - especially with pictures - to just say something like 'I agree'. If every post to which someone refers now has to be quoted since there's no post number the threads will just become even longer and take more time to navigate 🙄

I don't think some people know how to or that you can edit the post you are quoting like removing pictures or just removing paragraphs leaving only the sentence that you are replying to.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

This version seems to be really hard on the eyes from a contrast standpoint. Is the font smaller too?

My font is fine but I think it's the setting on my desktop. However, the topic is bold on my iPhone 7(I know don't laugh at me like my kids do) The topic is bold but the replies are in a smaller font. The horrible white background is still horrible but I reduce the brightness on my phone so that helps on that device.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

My font is fine but I think it's the setting on my desktop. However, the topic is bold on my iPhone 7(I know don't laugh at me like my kids do) The topic is bold but the replies are in a smaller font. The horrible white background is still horrible but I reduce the brightness on my phone so that helps on that device.

I actually like the size/font/color. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I'm old I certainly DON'T need SMALLER font😇

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Looks like quoted items only show a few lines, with a drop down arrow that let's you see everything that was quoted.  That will at least prevent the very long quotes from taking up a lot of space.

Quoting pictures shouldn't be an issue anymore.

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I'm old I certainly DON'T need SMALLER font😇

Oh I hear that. My font is set at the highest on my phone but it doesn't have any effect on the CC site. I have to expand the screen to make it larger but then I have to rotate my phone horizontally and scroll left to right.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, twangster said:

The blog site we can't mention did the upgrade several weeks ago.  You get used to it.  

Not the case for me.  I gave it a good chance, but seldom go to the blog site now due to the font change.    

Both sites should allow users to customize the reading font - not just their own composing fonts.