Who has registered for 2022

Hi all couldn’t resist registering for cruise J219 on board Arcadia for 19 days using my FCC from my cancelled Iona cruise in January 2021. Haven’t been on Arcadia before but really looking forward to it, will also be registering for other cruises in 2022 with Cunard fingers crossed all should be well and COVID free by then.👍

Unless wanted a particular stateroom /suite or an accessible stateroom do not think it is worth pre registering and certainly wouldnt do it direct with P&O because you cannot choose actual stateroom only grade and then they pick your actual stateroom. If you pre registered with a TA then you can tell them what actual staterooms you want to book.

2 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi Britboys we almost booked the Aurora but opted for the Arcadia instead are you booking for the 19 day cruise ?

I'm looking at the 19 night one in late August.

To be quite honest, we've had so many holidays cancelled or altered (5 so far - I'm sure others will have had many more cancelied), that Mrs W and I have consciously decoupled (to quote Gwyneth) from the whole holiday booking process for the foreseeable future.

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

To be quite honest, we've had so many holidays cancelled or altered (5 so far - I'm sure others will have had many more cancelied), that Mrs W and I have consciously decoupled (to quote Gwyneth) from the whole holiday booking process for the foreseeable future.

I made that decision months ago, far to many things are uncertain.

15 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

I made that decision months ago, far to many things are uncertain.

Just need to decide what to do with our unspent holiday savings. I have this hankering for a classic Jaguar,  but I have a feeling SHMBO will want a new carpet or two.

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Just need to decide what to do with our unspent holiday savings. I have this hankering for a classic Jaguar,  but I have a feeling SHMBO will want a new carpet or two.

With the money we have saved this year, we have decided that when cruising re starts we shall consider cruising with more expensive cruise companies as well as our usual choices to choose an itinerary we really want and not have to wonder whether or not we can afford it.

5 minutes ago, ann141 said:

With the money we have saved this year, we have decided that when cruising re starts we shall consider cruising with more expensive cruise companies as well as our usual choices to choose an itinerary we really want and not have to wonder whether or not we can afford it.

That seems a good plan - but I'd still like an old Jag with that smell of worn leather.  A cruise is transitory, but a Jaguar is forever  (well, until the rust finally destroys it!)

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

That seems a good plan - but I'd still like an old Jag with that smell of worn leather.  A cruise is transitory, but a Jaguar is forever  (well, until the rust finally destroys it!)

My husband might prefer the Jaguar but I won't mention that option!!

Hi we’ve had 6+ cruises cancelled this year and our first one in 2021 on the Iona on 30January 21. We have 5 cruises still left for 2021 hopefully 🙏 these will sail, in the current climate I feel that I need something normal to hang on to and look forward to and that’s what cruising is for me so booking for 2022 will give me something happy to look forward to.🤗

18 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi we’ve had 6+ cruises cancelled this year and our first one in 2021 on the Iona on 30January 21. We have 5 cruises still left for 2021 hopefully 🙏 these will sail, in the current climate I feel that I need something normal to hang on to and look forward to and that’s what cruising is for me so booking for 2022 will give me something happy to look forward to.🤗

We’ve had 6 cancelled too and we feel exactly the same as you! We are having to feel extra optimistic as our wedding is booked on Azura next July so we are doing everything we can to think positively. (If it doesn't happen then we will of course deal with it as and when but for now our one option is to get excited!😆

12 minutes ago, joeecco said:

We’ve had 6 cancelled too and we feel exactly the same as you! We are having to feel extra optimistic as our wedding is booked on Azura next July so we are doing everything we can to think positively. (If it doesn't happen then we will of course deal with it as and when but for now our one option is to get excited!😆

Hi Joecco fingers crossed for your Wedding next year surely by then things will have changed, we want to book the world cruise in 2023 to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary 👍 so we both can have something exciting to look forward to 🤩

2 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi Joecco fingers crossed for your Wedding next year surely by then things will have changed, we want to book the world cruise in 2023 to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary 👍 so we both can have something exciting to look forward to 🤩

Oh how fantastic! That must be the best way to celebrate! X

No cruises on our books for 2021, and tbh not intending to book anything for 2021 unless the prices drop.

Already booked on Ventura's roundtrip TA in Feb 2022 🙂.  Got our sight sets on a couple of cruises.  Make our minds what to go for up over several bottles of wine over the weekend and phone up on Monday.  Actually, might start the decision process later today!

Hi

I am planning to get some quotes but not sure if I will book. I have a couple of short cruises booked next year and I want to see what they are like before I commit to something so far in the future. 

Cathy

I am now pre-registered for the cruise I want. I have one in the bag at the moment to Northern Europe for next June and if that doesn't happen, I probably won't get a cruise next year. Consequently for 2022, I am going for a Med Itinerary on Aurora. I'm keen to sail her again just in case she has left the fleet by 2023. The price is coming out at about £150 per night for solo occupancy of a decent outside cabin, so not too bad.

I have to believe that either Covid will be over by then or we will have found a reasonable way of living with it. Too depressing to think otherwise for me...

Edited by Britboys
Addition

Not pre-registering for any cruises, but will phone P&O direct when booking opens for 2 cruises in 2022 as we have a friend who still fortunately works for P&O.  Still have 3 and a mini cruise booked for 2021, 2 of which were booked in 2019.

As many have on these forums, 5 cruises cancelled this year.  Next cruise for us is currently scheduled as Britannia's first cruise on the 9th April 2021.