Did I Miss An Announcement?

On 11/8/2020 at 11:25 PM, julie3fan said:

Is it appropriate to say I love you?  I never would have found that on my own!  Thank you!!!!

I see it on my iphone.  Looks like I quoted the wrong quote.  Don't know how to delete.  I meant to quote the person who said the blue dots and stars are only on the desktop and not the mobile.  I see it both.

Edited by dickinson
20 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Today the blue dots and stars are gone, replaced by small rectangles.  Now it's impossible to see right away where you commented on.

It seems to come and go.

First I thought it was my computer. Good to know it is not.

3 hours ago, skynight said:

Today we have the blue dots and stars. I also heard from CC regarding the numbering of posts. They e-mailed they are working on it.

That is good news. They must have been really bored and thought, "Let's mess

around with the website!" It is really too bad that they do not ask for feedback

from CC members BEFORE they start the process.

8 hours ago, nini said:

That is good news. They must have been really bored and thought, "Let's mess

around with the website!" It is really too bad that they do not ask for feedback

from CC members BEFORE they start the process.

That didn't work the last time they changed the forum.  And it was a real mess for months.  Now that things were going somewhat smoothly, someone must have said "time for a shakeup".

1 hour ago, Shmoo here said:

That didn't work the last time they changed the forum.  And it was a real mess for months.  Now that things were going somewhat smoothly, someone must have said "time for a shakeup".

Because, 2020, right? 🙄

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Has anybody checked to see if the messaging feature is active yet?  That would be nice if they did that.

The private message option has not been an option for years.  The thought is -- Cruise Critic is a place to share information, they don't want behind the scenes discussions going on.

4 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

The private message option has not been an option for years.  The thought is -- Cruise Critic is a place to share information, they don't want behind the scenes discussions going on.

Then why do you think they still have the message icon to click on?  I only looked for it because if they did such a revamp to the site why wouldn't they remove the message icon.  Go figure...

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

Then why do you think they still have the message icon to click on?  I only looked for it because if they did such a revamp to the site why wouldn't they remove the message icon.  Go figure...

Well, it's a feature of the site.  It's just not enabled, and Cruise Critic doesn't want to use it.

Although, on occasion, a moderator can send a message to someone.  One way only.  

It's commercial forum / community software by Invision.  More than likely, Invision had released a new version with new "defaults" that the community operators have to tailor to their need - including fonts, colors, layouts, and icons that may not be enabled.  CC may have to upgrade to the latest version or lose support.  It takes a bit of effort that they may not always expect or have staff to work on updates.  I am on other boards that look exactly the same so this is not unique to CC.

Think of your iPhone updates...

On 11/11/2020 at 4:13 PM, Thrak said:

Still wishing they would put the post numbers back.

My e-mail question to CC:

I have noticed that the posting number in the upper right hand corner is now absent. Lack of this number makes reference to a specific posting difficult, if not impossible.

Their response:

Thank you we are working on this