Big News: Pfizer Vaccine 90% Effective

Pfizer just announced that their vaccine is 90% effective.  This is a game changer for the cruise industry 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/08/election-stock-market-futures-open-to-close-news.html

6 minutes ago, shof515 said:

It might be a game changer, but still has plenty of months of testing, approval and everything else. If it is as effective as it says, then this good news for Spring/Summer

The Pfizer CEO just said on CNBC that they expect to get emergency approval and start distribution by the end of this year.

3 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

2 shots, 28 days apart. Not something to delay until last minute if cruising.

Curious as to how long the final one is effective for.

You will actually have some immunity from the first shot.  The second shot is a booster.

17 minutes ago, shof515 said:

It might be a game changer, but still has plenty of months of testing, approval and everything else. If it is as effective as it says, then this good news for Spring/Summer

That is the study I am  part of right now.  I was told the plan was to start rolling it out before the end of the year.  I have had the 2 injections and have a 6 month follow up in Feb, but was told they prob won't need to see me and will call me to cancel when the vaccine is rolled out.

baf

11 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

That is the study I am  part of right now.  I was told the plan was to start rolling it out before the end of the year.  I have had the 2 injections and have a 6 month follow up in Feb, but was told they prob won't need to see me and will call me to cancel when the vaccine is rolled out.

baf

Do you know when they will tell you if you were given the vaccine or the placebo?

8 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Do you know when they will tell you if you were given the vaccine or the placebo?

Found this in an article from US news.  The participants won't know whether they got the actual vaccine until their trial ends in about two years. In the meantime, they are left wondering whether their lack of a sore arm or fever means they received the placebo or just got lucky.

43 minutes ago, shof515 said:

Pfizer going for emergency approval by end of month.  Good part of study is that while it is reported as 90% effective (flu shots are 50% approx), actual data on covid patients in study was higher than 90%.  

It will be awhile before enough doses are available to population, but we are looking to cruise soon. 

This is the best news I've heard in a long, long time.  Have a DD who is high risk, so we are ecstatic.

Look at it this way--we've waited since March without much encouragement, so even if it's still quite a ways off at least there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Cruising is beginning to look possible for us again 😁

10 minutes ago, keywest1 said:

This is the best news I've heard in a long, long time.  Have a DD who is high risk, so we are ecstatic.

Look at it this way--we've waited since March without much encouragement, so even if it's still quite a ways off at least there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Cruising is beginning to look possible for us again 😁

Yup, at the very least, it will flatten the fear and people will start booking cruises again 🙂 

1 hour ago, MeHeartCruising said:

They won't officially say.  But, I am a retired nurse.  The placebo was sterile saline injections.  That burns for a minute or 2 only.  A flu vaccine feels like a nail going into your arm and your arm is sore 2-3 days afterward.  That is how it felt for me.  Plus I was curious and had my own antibody test done.  It came back with a LOT of antibodies.  I have never had Covid, nor has anyone in my family.  So I am betting I got the vaccine...

3 hours ago, bafinegan said:

They won't officially say.  But, I am a retired nurse.  The placebo was sterile saline injections.  That burns for a minute or 2 only.  A flu vaccine feels like a nail going into your arm and your arm is sore 2-3 days afterward.  That is how it felt for me.  Plus I was curious and had my own antibody test done.  It came back with a LOT of antibodies.  I have never had Covid, nor has anyone in my family.  So I am betting I got the vaccine...

I had the flu vaccine, couldn’t feel the injection and had no soreness. I also had the first of two Shingles vaccines and that was a killer, my arm was red, swollen and hurt for a few days. Everyone is different but if you have antibodies them I’m sure you didn’t get the placebo. 

Remember that Pfizer has only released a press announcement based on their own perceived self interests and claims.

Their vaccine has yet to be peer reviewed and openly examined.  It is not known if the vaccine provides temporary short term protection only, even with a 2nd booster shot.

Pfizer is in a race to be the first vaccine producer since the corporate compensation and rewards from the government are substantial.  Winning the PR battle is part of their strategy.

While the stock market celebrates, and those of us overwhelmed by COVId fatigue welcome this news, let's take a wait and see attitude.  It may be hard to do in this warp speed environment, but I'll celebrate when a vaccine is scientifically proven to be viable, and pass on a public relations report.

1 hour ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I don't get flu shots so I really don't have a dog in this fight, but I would have a lot of trepidation regarding a vaccine developed and offered to the public so fast. 

I hope you plan on staying in a bunker for an additional 6 months otherwise your attitude will just extend the misery and prevent a return to cruising.

Great news for those who want to receive this vaccine. No vaccine in the world is 100% safe or can protect you (except maybe a couple), but it is doubtful that it took years for some very harmless "viruses" to find a vaccine, and for this "invisible" enemy that mows and kills people, around the world (officially according to statistics more people die of hunger than from "Corona"), the vaccine was found in less than a year.

This tells me that all this is already planned in advance and the outcome is known, it is just kept secret until the moment when it should come out, and it will be either December or March 2021, a year since PLANdemia officially started around the world.

But I hope for a quick normalization and a return to the cruise as soon as possible! this is more than enough for everyone! take care!