90% effective vaccine EVEN without booster shot...

3 hours ago, coffeebean said:

I'm hoping the vaccine will be mandated to be able to board any cruise ship. Proof of vaccination (with a raised seal) should be mandatory for all crew and passengers to board a cruise ship.

I do vaccinations all the time. Where should I go to purchase my raised seal?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Point taken. How about a hologram like on drivers' license?

11 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Point taken. How about a hologram like on drivers' license?

And who do you suggest pay to supply physicians with the necessary source to produce these documents? Should this just be one more unreimbursed expense that doctors are constantly being sattled with?

2 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Why would someone who is protected by the vaccine have to wear a mask in public? A protected person, by the vaccine, could not possibly be able to pass on the virus when said person is not contagious. Isn't that the way it works????

Hopefully all of us will not have to wear masks, once the vaccine is fully distributed 🙂

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And who do you suggest pay to supply physicians with the necessary source to produce these documents? Should this just be one more unreimbursed expense that doctors are constantly being sattled with?

I think this was said in jest, but being "saddled" with "other duties as required' is very common in other professions.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If you can can get mom to make some of her amazing pizza and pasta I’ll do it for you. Border has to open first though.  And maybe a cruise sprinkled in here and there. 😉

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, coffeebean said:

I'm hoping the vaccine will be mandated to be able to board any cruise ship. Proof of vaccination (with a raised seal) should be mandatory for all crew and passengers to board a cruise ship.

If they don't have proof of vaccination, they will have to be tested.  That will probably be the choice everyone will have to make.

There are vaccine requirements for travel to some locations and it used to be a lot more.  How did people prove it then?  Shot record?  Easy enough to fill out.  My boys pediatricians office filled theirs in when they were younger, gasp, by hand, before computers.  Easy enough to provide proof through a database since vaccines have lot #'s, etc.  My DH had to prove to the US Navy that he had his flu shot every year which was a simple piece of paper.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Really?

Really what?  That it was said in jest or other professions have to do things as required?   

Aren't you supposedly a Dr?  I'd prefer one who wants to help.  Did you ever have to fill out ( or is more common, have your "staff" do it for you) shot records?  I'm pretty sure most now charge extra anyway for things like that even though they used to do it as part of the job.  

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BND said:

Really what?  That it was said in jest or other professions have to do things as required?   

Really that I had no clue that other professions have "things to do that are required".🙄 I do know that most professions are not as limited as medicine in the ability to recoup expenses that are incurred by these "things".

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BND said:

There are vaccine requirements for travel to some locations and it used to be a lot more.  How did people prove it then?  Shot record?  Easy enough to fill out.  My boys pediatricians office filled theirs in when they were younger, gasp, by hand, before computers.  Easy enough to provide proof through a database since vaccines have lot #'s, etc.  My DH had to prove to the US Navy that he had his flu shot every year which was a simple piece of paper.

Well, at least this makes sense unlike holograms and raised seals.

Some of the stuff I read on these medically related threads boggles my mind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, orville99 said:

Pfizer should therefore receive all of the credit, since they did this entirely on their own dime. They never took a penny of government money to fund their development. I'm sure that other entities will try to take credit, but this one belongs solely to Pfizer.

SIAP, but this info is wrong. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BND said:

Aren't you supposedly a Dr?  I'd prefer one who wants to help.  Did you ever have to fill out ( or is more common, have your "staff" do it for you) shot records?  I'm pretty sure most now charge extra anyway for things like that even though they used to do it as part of the job.  

We do it and no we don't charge for it. And yes, I am "supposedly" a physician. My comments were directed toward the ridiculous type of documents that were suggested we produce.

With electronic medical records, should not have to produce anything special for this vaccine. This is getting ridiculous already with extra paper work. Besides the government is going to pay for this vaccine (said in deep sarcasm). 

2 minutes ago, mmcrazy said:

With electronic medical records, should not have to produce anything special for this vaccine. This is getting ridiculous already with extra paper work. Besides the government is going to pay for this vaccine (said in deep sarcasm). 

If only EMR was universal across all platforms. 

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Every pharmacy that gives injections, and almost all do, give you (identification needed) a document stating the drug name, the lot numbers the immunizer and the Physician of record along with every other piece of information anyone would need for proof.

4 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Every pharmacy that gives injections, and almost all do, give you (identification needed) a document stating the drug name, the lot numbers the immunizer and the Physician of record along with every other piece of information anyone would need for proof.

Yup. But I have never seen one with holograms.

4 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

I have the same thing for my Cat! He travels with us extensively.  Every time I cross back and forth across the the US/Canada border, which is often, I have to present it.  It's not a big deal.  People make it sound like we are building space ships here.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1