90% effective vaccine EVEN without booster shot...

Oh didnt see this thread. Posted this in the other thread. 4 states selected by cdc, yes the good ole cdc, to ship to, texas, Rhode island, Tennessee and one other I think new mexico.

The panel .. whomever that is, meets next Monday to decide who gets it first. If those who say of course its hospitals ..mentioned was those most vulnerable. Could be hospitals and senior homes? They are meeting next monday to decide order.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/17/pfizer-launches-covid-19-vaccine-delivery-trial-in-four-us-states

20201117_040450661.jpeg

43 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Oh didnt see this thread. Posted this in the other thread. 4 states selected by cdc, yes the good ole cdc, to ship to, texas, Rhode island, Tennessee and one other I think new mexico.

The panel .. whomever that is, meets next Monday to decide who gets it first. If those who say of course its hospitals ..mentioned was those most vulnerable. Could be hospitals and senior homes? They are meeting next monday to decide order.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/17/pfizer-launches-covid-19-vaccine-delivery-trial-in-four-us-states

20201117_040450661.jpeg

Did you read the article.  It is a pilot program to test delivery.  No actual vaccine doses will be shipped.

The US drugmaker said it had selected Rhode Island, Texas, New Mexico, and Tennessee for the program because of their differences in overall size, diversity of populations and immunisation infrastructure, as well as the states’ need to reach individuals in varied urban and rural settings.

“The four states included in this pilot program will not receive vaccine doses earlier than other states by virtue of this pilot, nor will they receive any differential consideration,” Pfizer said in a statement.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Did you read the article.  It is a pilot program to test delivery.  No actual vaccine doses will be shipped.

The US drugmaker said it had selected Rhode Island, Texas, New Mexico, and Tennessee for the program because of their differences in overall size, diversity of populations and immunisation infrastructure, as well as the states’ need to reach individuals in varied urban and rural settings.

“The four states included in this pilot program will not receive vaccine doses earlier than other states by virtue of this pilot, nor will they receive any differential consideration,” Pfizer said in a statement.

Actually I did read it. And I mentioned that exact clause in the other place I put this link. But thanks, but no I didnt miss that. 

I'd still call it progress. Naysayers be gone. Any progress toward getting the vaccine going is good!!

And yes the other drug I read will ask for emergency authorization is about 2 weeks. I'd call that another step forward. I'm reading everything I can find or listen to. 

I want to get one of the vaccines sooner rather than later. And I'll be interested in who the panel next Monday I mentioned decides is the most vulnerable they do first and if they put out a firm list of the order. Yes, of course the list can be changed, before someone jumps on me to tell me that.

Edited to add something just across my tv. Dolly Parton donated $1m toward funding moderna vaccine. Go DOLLY!! 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Actually I did read it. And I mentioned that exact clause in the other place I put this link. But thanks, but no I didnt miss that. 

I'd still call it progress. Naysayers be gone. Any progress toward getting the vaccine going is good!!

And yes the other drug I read will ask for emergency authorization is about 2 weeks. I'd call that another step forward. I'm reading everything I can find or listen to. 

I want to get one of the vaccines sooner rather than later. And I'll be interested in who the panel next Monday I mentioned decides is the most vulnerable they do first and if they put out a firm list of the order. Yes, of course the list can be changed, before someone jumps on me to tell me that.

Edited to add something just across my tv. Dolly Parton donated $1m toward funding moderna vaccine. Go DOLLY!! 

Glad that you saw it.

27 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Glad that you saw it.

I've been waiting since march for good news on cruises and vaccines. Finally some progress.

I see Galveston cruises for 22 they april 23 released. Checking prices now. Will wait for a non KSF promo might be better for solos. Everything feels like slow motion.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

KSF has no bearing on solo pricing

Well I hoped for a better sale then. Prices are way up, but then it's not entirely unexpected. I agree I got lucky on the bookings I have and some are less than 200% solo supplement.

If not I'll wait for last minute. No prices worth jumping on early solo wise.

If not I'll consider other ports. Always something last minute. I could do alaska when I last checked in a solo cabin for $200 less out of seattle on quantum. By then I hope to be diamond plus, so maybe solo cabin a consideration...  but I'm not sure how safe seattle is these days? Just looking and ksf isnt good for me.

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

If not I'll consider other ports. Always something last minute. I could do alaska when I last checked in a solo cabin for $200 less out of seattle on quantum. By then I hope to be diamond plus, so maybe solo cabin a consideration...  but I'm not sure how safe seattle is these days? Just looking and ksf isnt good for me.

Seattle is perfectly safe. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crzndeb said:

Seattle is perfectly safe. 

Not true by a long shot.  Our daughter and her family live in Seattle.  New restrictions are now going into effect.  Here's the latest...

“Today, Sunday, November 15, 2020, is the most dangerous public health day in the last 100 years of our state’s history,” Inslee said in prepared remarks. “A pandemic is raging in our state."

35 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Not true by a long shot.  Our daughter and her family live in Seattle.  New restrictions are now going into effect.  Here's the latest...

“Today, Sunday, November 15, 2020, is the most dangerous public health day in the last 100 years of our state’s history,” Inslee said in prepared remarks. “A pandemic is raging in our state."

I have friends that live just outside Seattle and they say they don’t have a issue. 

42 minutes ago, yogimax said:

I thought she was speaking of unrest, but if you want to talk Covid, no place is safe as long as fools don’t think it exists and go about their daily business without following the rules that are in place.

Plus Firefly was talking Alaska Cruise, so that has absolutely nothing to do with what is happening in Seattle right now.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

I thought she was speaking of unrest, but if you want to talk Covid, no place is safe as long as fools don’t think it exists and go about their daily business without following the rules that are in place.

Plus Firefly was talking Alaska Cruise, so that has absolutely nothing to do with what is happening in Seattle right now.

That is exactly what I thought she meant as well. 

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That is exactly what I thought she meant as well. 

I did. There was a very good price on a r/t out of seattle that came out maybe last week for 2022, but I wouldnt know where it's safe to pick a hotel. Idk seattle really, only cruised once from seattle to alaska. Price was sure tempting. Not sure I'm ready to get out of my cocoon. Maybe year after. 

Covid ...yeah. if we hit 15% of beds 7 days in a row, we got lockdowns coming here. At 13.7% today, 13.4% yesterday. We might hit it by thanksgiving. No place is safe from covid. The only good thing is deaths are way down, like 1 a day. Better than 10 a day or more we had early covid. More lockdowns seem inevitable here.

I did mean the violence that was going on in seattle, is it calmed down. Hopefully these vaccines will have covid begone sometime.

49 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The only good thing is deaths are way down, like 1 a day. Better than 10 a day or more we had early covid. More lockdowns seem inevitable here.

Deaths trail cases by several weeks. Sadly we are likely going to see a spike just before christmas.

In areas where the hospitals are overrun the death rate will likely spike simply because there are not enough resources, including tested care givers. Perhaps the new vaccines can be used therapeutically.

The thing is, lock downs are not necessary if only people would follow some simple rules: wear a mask outside the home, minimize contact with others, wash hands upon entering the home, sanitize hands frequently outside the home, don't visit others in person.

Edited by broberts
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, broberts said:

Deaths trail cases by several weeks. Sadly we are likely going to see a spike just before christmas.

In areas where the hospitals are overrun the death rate will likely spike simply because there are not enough resources, including tested care givers. Perhaps the new vaccines can be used therapeutically.

The thing is, lock downs are not necessary if only people would follow some simple rules: wear a mask outside the home, minimize contact with others, wash hands upon entering the home, sanitize hands frequently outside the home, don't visit others in person.

I used to inspect cemeteries for pesticide compliance. It was fascinating to learn more about the whole business. And oddly, there are always a lot more deaths overall in the month leading up to Christmas. It seemed really strange, but the operators explained that many folks that are already very ill are trying to make it until Christmas, but are unsuccessful. Also more car accidents. Very sad, but interesting. I would imagine that this December might be somewhat worse than previous ones. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ChC said:

So on and so on

All very interesting and not without merit.

The original statement was about developing multiple viable vaccine candidates; I’d say there are enough people who understand the virus plenty well enough to have demonstrated some success on that front.

As for knowing with an unassailable degree of certainty the origin, life and eventual (we hope) death or eradication of the virus, good luck with that.  Sort of got to live in the present and near-future.

the marriage analogy doesn’t quite work with me either.  Everybody has a past and whether it’s essential to know all that when we take the leap of faith of marriage (or partnership or whatever the couple wishes to call it) can’t possibly determine the success of how we choose to live our lives together.

Edited by d9704011

22 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It sounds like they are getting ready for distribution 🙂

41 minutes ago, ChC said:

So far the scientist still could not come to a conclusion on:

1, where is the virus coming from and where is the origin

2, how the virus going from the origin to human

3, how the virus is spreading and on what material it was passed on

4, how the virus cause pneumonia. There are theories but no conclusive theory

5, how the virus cause people fell sick 

6, why some one suffer mild illness and some are severe 

7, what is the long term damage to health

8, how long the virus can be dormant in human 

9, could the virus be dormant for years and strike again

10, what is the possible mutation of the virus which may lead to a more deadly virus

So on and so on

A virus may have a vaccine but we still knows very little about the virus if the science can not explain the origin of the virus and the end life of the virus. It is like you married someone but if you don't know where and when your other half is born, and you don't know who he or she was with and for how long, and you don't know if he or she would be likely to like you or not in one year or thirty years time, would you not agree you know the other half very little even though you married he or she?

We know where it came from.

1 hour ago, BND said:

Pfizer reported today after looking at their data in more detail that it's 95% effective and it protects older people who are most at risk.  

Funny how that changed right after Moderna announced 94.5 percent. I wonder if Moderna will be at 96% tomorrow.🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

30 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Funny how that changed right after Moderna announced 94.5 percent. I wonder if Moderna will be at 96% tomorrow.🤔

They are early. They said by dec 1st they would announce the results after the 2nd booster shot. One shot is 90%, 2 shots is 95%. 

And they will ask for emergency authorization is a few days.

People are really surprised it's more effective after the 2nd shot, what some call the booster shot? The title of the thread says its 90% without the 2nd shot. They just are reporting now about both shots together.

Let's see if its approved next week or how long fda approval takes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

People are really surprised it's more effective after the 2nd shot, what some call the booster shot? The title of the thread says its 90% without the 2nd shot. They just are reporting now about both shots together.

I guess you missed the humor.😐