All inclusive

Happy Cruiser 6143

3 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

No. Always Included is the new booking program included in all fares (except select sailings from 90 days before departure). All existing booking prior to November 17 do not have Always Included, and this sentence is referring to those bookings. Existing bookings CAN be repriced under the Always Included program, but it is NOT mandatory.

I have heard it said that travel agents CAN book you without amenities.  I suggest that everyone interested check with their TA.

1 hour ago, basenji56 said:

Yes, that is what I have heard.  Not 100% sure about it though.  

That would definitely only be possible for group rates, possibly even only groups created before AI started yesterday. I posted a screenshot earlier in this thread, where the US online TA I use still has group rates available at a much lower rate than the AI rate, but with no perks. All onward standard bookings, both directly with Celebrity and with a travel agent, would only be possible with AI. Group rates may still be available, varying between travel agents.

On 11/17/2020 at 11:36 AM, sandancer said:

As I understand it you can only book a cabin without perks 90 days out. We also have a cruise on Reflection next November and I jolly well hope we’re still getting our 4 perks. That was the deal. 

4 hours ago, mek said:

While I realize it doesn't work for everyone, 90 days out will be just fine for me.

Bookings without AI is also limited to select cruises.

2 hours ago, basenji56 said:

For fun, check out some equivalent itineraries on Celebrity and Royal.  The price difference will astound you.  If you are Elite and above and if you don't drink or need a Wifi package, you may find that Royal is a better value.

We actually sail both lines.  And enjoy them both.  Yes Royal can be a better monetary value but you need to compare apples to apples.  We sometimes are in the mood for Royal (for a 7 day Caribbean party atmosphere) but it is a different overall experience.  For the most part we like Celebrity's longer itineraries, quieter atmosphere, and less crowds and kids on these itineraries.  So for us value is not just monetary but includes atmosphere and cruising experience and the destination we select.  And if you sail suites (at least pre-pandemic) the lower level Sky Suite on Celebrity was generally a much greater value apples-to-apples than the lower level Junior Suite on Royal.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

We actually sail both lines.  And enjoy them both.  Yes Royal can be a better monetary value but you need to compare apples to apples.  We sometimes are in the mood for Royal (for a 7 day Caribbean party atmosphere) but it is a different overall experience.  For the most part we like Celebrity's longer itineraries, quieter atmosphere, and less crowds and kids on these itineraries.  So for us value is not just monetary but includes atmosphere and cruising experience and the destination we select.  And if you sail suites (at least pre-pandemic) the lower level Sky Suite on Celebrity was generally a much greater value apples-to-apples than the lower level Junior Suite on Royal.

That is true.  I find the food significantly better on Celebrity but the entertainment generally better on Royal.  For the price difference, I can eat the in the specialty restaurants on Royal (I love the Oasis class ships even with the kids).  When a veranda on Celebrity is 2.5 times the price as one on Oasis class, I would choose Royal--especially since I don't drink so don't need an included drink package.  

3 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

That is true.  I find the food significantly better on Celebrity but the entertainment generally better on Royal.  For the price difference, I can eat the in the specialty restaurants on Royal (I love the Oasis class ships even with the kids).  When a veranda on Celebrity is 2.5 times the price as one on Oasis class, I would choose Royal--especially since I don't drink so don't need an included drink package.  

We enjoy Oasis Class too.  Too big for many here on the Celebrity board but so what?  We also enjoyed Anthem and Quantum Class.  Kind of similar to EDGE.  Which we also enjoyed.  I think I would be hard pressed at this point to find a RCG cruise line ship that I did not really enjoy. And I have been on most of them.   As long as I am cruising.  I can make do!  More clear to me now than ever before!😀

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, sbtagent said:

The drink package, is 24/7 ? I am just asking because on Royal the last drinks were at 9 ( PM )

Huh?  We have had the drink package on both Celebrity and Royal and drinks were available, included in the package, all evening, even past midnight.  Not sure what ship you were on that had a limit??? Or are you talking about somewhere such as the diamond lounge possibly?

On 11/10/2020 at 4:15 PM, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Here’s the exact language in the FAQ: 

Q. #27: What is Simply Sail? When is it available?
A: Simply Sail will offer a cruise-only rate for select sailings within 90 days of departure. Simply Sail will replace Exciting Deals with a new creative look and feel but maintain the same offering parameters.

“Exciting Deals” usually came out every Tuesday with a limited range of sailings and Categories available each week for a limited booking window. Sounds as if the “Simply Sail” program is intended to operate in the same manner.  Essentially they want the fewest # of guests possible to be sailing at a room only rate.

Great info. Cant wait for the new link. Thanks, Ben

4 minutes ago, MarinerBoy said:

How does Celebrity plan to compete with RCI if RCI has better ships and way cheaper rates? You can argue Celebirty has better food, but if you want top food go to Crystal or Regent or Seabourn.. where exactly does Celebrity plan to fit in?

Simple is the new luxury according to Lisa.  Celebrity will cater to the math challenged who can't calculate the price of a cruise with and without perks.

• Like 3

No I am serious, because RCI has incredible value for the type of advanced super ships it has.. Carnival is the budget 300$/per week cruise line it has a niche, Holland America is about old folks that's fine, but Celebrity with its new pricing is basically a premium cruise line, if thats the case I much rather cruise on true first class lines where caviar and premium champagne are served like Regent, Viking, Crystal etc same price as Celebrity can you please convince me why I should choose Celebrity over another truly all inclusive premium line?

9 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

Simple is the new luxury according to Lisa.  Celebrity will cater to the math challenged who can't calculate the price of a cruise with and without perks.

X's new pricing will certainly make the jump more attractive. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MarinerBoy said:

No I am serious, because RCI has incredible value for the type of advanced super ships it has.. Carnival is the budget 300$/per week cruise line it has a niche, Holland America is about old folks that's fine, but Celebrity with its new pricing is basically a premium cruise line, if thats the case I much rather cruise on true first class lines where caviar and premium champagne are served like Regent, Viking, Crystal etc same price as Celebrity can you please convince me why I should choose Celebrity over another truly all inclusive premium line?

🙄

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

🙄

No convincing from me, please stay on Viking, Regent, Crystal and enjoy the unrivaled decadence of advanced super ships of RCI while indulging in the finest caviar and champagne.  🍾

27 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

Dang those super sized number displaying calculators

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Let me see if I understand you correctly. Celebrity's new higher pricing is what makes them a premium cruise line?

If you read Lisa's press releases, that's essentially what she is saying.  Their new target demographic is so math challenged they are unable to calculate prices with and without perks.  Much too confusing.  Better to make them pay for what they don't want to make it easy.  Give them a participation trophy when they get onboard.

• Like 5

Really excellent thread, the comparisons and analysis and comment on Celebrity motivation is super folks, keep it flowing.

I doubt that we will consider a Celebrity cruise going forward as we do not do alcohol, coffees, no need for internet, not interested in spa etc. Al a carte works for us.

I do agree with many here that the rise in price places the common cruise line Celebrity closer to the Oceania, AZ etc, if pricing is the sole criteria for selection.

Good luck with the new target market Celebrity, that age group in my world are up to their ears in debt and more interested in land trips to Costa R etc for birding and hiking etc.  When I mention cruising to the many young folk of my friends, they to the last one say "too processed". Well time will tell.

In the interim many of your well to do clients will have moved on to other cruise lines and more worrisome, moved to other vacation options.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ABoatNerd said:

Good luck with the new target market Celebrity, that age group in my world are up to their ears in debt and more interested in land trips to Costa R etc for birding and hiking etc. 

But now aren't all their school loans going to be forgiven and upper education will be free?

Something I can add here is, there are many 'things' that are included in the passenger fare which I do not use and I have yet to complain about being charged for something which I did not avail myself of.

Our sailing, currently scheduled for October 2021 is essentially (within 5%) the same price I paid originally without any inclusions, now I have four (4).

Will I use them all? To one degree or another yes...

Cheers and bon voyage

• Like 1