A safe place to travel to,zero Covid cases

lenquixote66

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I heard on the radio today that people are flocking to the Chatham Islands because they have not had one case of Covid.Is anyone planning to go there ?

First, I had to find where Chatham Islands were.  Love the country to which it is a part.  Given the Prime Minister's stance on visitors to her Country, I am 99.99% sure that foreign visitors are not welcome at this time.  

Plus the fact that the only flights to the Chatham Islands are from New Zealand, the foreign tourists need to enter New Zealand first, which they can't.

Of the 10 nations that have not reported a single covid case, 8 of them are South Pacific island nations, and most of them have been in lockdown or with extreme travel restrictions since March.

I'd put my money on Taiwan.  23 million population, 550 total cases, only 55 locally transmitted cases.  Their system works.

Edited by chengkp75
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, sfaaa said:

North Korea has very low COVID under the brilliant leadership and guidance of dear leader Kim. Interested?

I went a few years ago on an aviation geek trip where we flew around on a bunch of planes that just simply don't exist anymore outside of DPRK. It was...interesting. 

8 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

I'd put my money on Taiwan.  23 million population, 550 total cases, only 55 locally transmitted cases.  Their system works.

Agree considering Taiwan receives no assistance and is repeatedly snubbed by WHO. It's quite remarkable Taiwan manages to pull it off all on its own.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sfaaa said:

North Korea has very low COVID under the brilliant leadership and guidance of dear leader Kim. Interested?

Last I heard NK is not accepting visitors and making the point with bullets.

8 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Better food and more to do.

23 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I heard on the radio today that people are flocking to the Chatham Islands because they have not had one case of Covid.Is anyone planning to go there ?

They will have cases soon, tell me a place nobody is going, that is safer, beside the US of course or any Western European country, LOL

2 hours ago, sfaaa said:

Agree considering Taiwan receives no assistance and is repeatedly snubbed by WHO. It's quite remarkable Taiwan manages to pull it off all on its own.

Leadership, discipline and the fact they are isolated by most countries, makes for resilience that most western societies are notably lacking.

3 hours ago, sfaaa said:

They learnt from experience. They were hit hard by SARS so to not repeat their mistakes they worked out a national plan for if they find themselves in similar circumstances. It is the same with Vietnam and after MERS South Korea developed a national epidemic plan. Even Australia after the 1918 Pandemic developed certain protocols and legislation that had been long forgotten till this year (though some updating was obviously required😂). Nothing beats good preparation😉

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, chipmaster said:

Leadership, discipline and the fact they are isolated by most countries, makes for resilience that most western societies are notably lacking.

Nothing like the existence of a neighbor threatening your extinction as a separate and unique state to garner one's attention.  I would expect recent events in Hong Kong would reinforce a sense of discipline in the culture.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/10/28/taiwan-threat-invasion-china/

I could see Taiwan making Israel's decision - or North Korea's - and develop an insurance policy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Does the Man in the Moon or the Martians require a visa for a visit?  😀

For the Moon you need a Cheese visa.... as everybody knows you can go for  a picnic on moon  just remember the crackers   like Wallace and Gromit

OIP.jpg.ea3a8c6151492981fa9c7e9f8c7d01f7.jpg

Don

Edited by getting older slowly
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1