Princess Update: 11/10/20

Syracusefan44

Princess Cruises has reviewed the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Framework for Conditional Sailing and is seeking additional clarification to fully understand the requirements. While we await further information, we have (temporarily) stopped selling all cruises eight days and longer which call upon a U.S. port and depart January 1 through November 1, 2021. For those who are currently booked on one of these cruises, we ask for your patience to receive further information from Princess on whether your cruise is impacted.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Syracusefan44 said:

Well I checked the two Cruises I have booked in 2021 and both are listed as “Currently Not Available.”

0D5BFFA2-DC06-4B19-BF20-9BFB4922F321.jpeg

509D4965-BD35-41BD-AA14-90B6A3E26BD2.jpeg

1 hour ago, Syracusefan44 said:

we have (temporarily) stopped selling all cruises eight days and longer which call upon a U.S. port and depart January 1 through November 1, 2021. For those who are currently booked on one of these cruises, we ask for your patience to receive further information from Princess on whether your cruise is impacted.

Yes.  People with 8-day cruises are stuck. You *know* that the cruise line is not just going to cut a day and let the ship sit idle in a dock. So the question becomes do they do tactical changes to their scheduling or just take each ship that runs >7-day cruises, cancel all bookings, and just redo itineraries for cruises <7 days.

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes.  People with 8-day cruises are stuck. You *know* that the cruise line is not just going to cut a day and let the ship sit idle in a dock. So the question becomes do they do tactical changes to their scheduling or just take each ship that runs >7-day cruises, cancel all bookings, and just redo itineraries for cruises <7 days.

Many ships will not return to service until mid to late 2021, or possibly even into early 2022. The restart will be slooooowwww and cautious.  Expect NUMEROUS additional cancellations, ship swaps, and itinerary changes before this nightmare is over. This will apply to all cruise lines not just Princess

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

Well I checked the two Cruises I have booked in 2021 and both are listed as “Currently Not Available.”

0D5BFFA2-DC06-4B19-BF20-9BFB4922F321.jpeg

509D4965-BD35-41BD-AA14-90B6A3E26BD2.jpeg

Surprising since your second cruise is after the November 1 date for the end of the hold.

5 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

Princess Cruises has reviewed the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Framework for Conditional Sailing and is seeking additional clarification to fully understand the requirements. While we await further information, we have (temporarily) stopped selling all cruises eight days and longer which call upon a U.S. port and depart January 1 through November 1, 2021. For those who are currently booked on one of these cruises, we ask for your patience to receive further information from Princess on whether your cruise is impacted.

I am seeing that all 2021 Alaska cruises are listed as not available for booking, even those 7 or less days long.

Actually, further examination shows no Princess cruise is available for booking no matter when it is scheduled to sail or where it is scheduled to sail.

"Pricing is currently not available for this date or the selected cabin type. Please try a different departure date, cabin type or check back later."

10 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Not exactly. Although my May 2021 TA is not available, my Queensland 12/2021 & 2 California Coastals in April 2022 are available. Also looking at Japan which is available May 2021

I took another look. Now prices are available again except for the frozen ones over 7 days.

Princess must have been updating their website when I was looking earlier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Not exactly. Although my May 2021 TA is not available, my Queensland 12/2021 & 2 California Coastals in April 2022 are available. Also looking at Japan which is available May 2021

Fingers crossed for your Queensland cruise in 12/2021, currently Princess has paused operations till the end of May 2021. Overall IMO we’re doing exceptionally well with COVID-19 cases. 

Hope you have a fantastic visit to Queensland, which is the state I live in. Are you trading Winter for Summer?

Received and email today from Princess and our Alaska Cruise in August 2021 on the Sapphire Princess embarking 18 August 2021 has been cancelled due to the redeployment of the Sapphire Princess. Disappointment is an understatement, 4th cruise to be cancelled - 2 due to COVID-19, 1 due to the sale of the Sun Princess and now the deployment of the Sapphire Princess. Think we’re now concentrate on 2022. At least my recreation leave balance at work just keeps building 😇, not a bad problem to have 🤣.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Loki S said:

Fingers crossed for your Queensland cruise in 12/2021, currently Princess has paused operations till the end of May 2021. Overall IMO we’re doing exceptionally well with COVID-19 cases. 

Hope you have a fantastic visit to Queensland, which is the state I live in. Are you trading Winter for Summer?

Yes I'm nervous about the Queensland cruise as Australia is locked up tight now. But I really hope it's far enough out to go (our winters used to never get below 8c (45°F) but weathers been crazy)

10 hours ago, PrincessDano said:

I wonder if they’ll be extending our credit we got for the pauses earlier this year from having to sail by 05/01/2022 as there will be lots of people having to use it in such a short period of time ? 

Thoughts? 

Diane

I have been wondering this for awhile. With the extension of the restrictions, I would think they would have to. I am hoping they move it to 12/31/22; not based on anything I know, just hoping.

Appears as though the credit we received for the two cruises canceled this year and applied to the two we had reserved for 2021 is about to be recycled to 2022.  It is my hope that someday in the future we will be able to sail again on a Princess (or other cruise line) cruise.  

if our 4/2021 cruise is a no go due to Princess - all I know at this time is that the exact same cruise - same number of days, same ship, just one week earlier, same cabin is  $ 575 per person more for the date in 2022

come on Princess , really ???

10 minutes ago, voljeep said:

if our 4/2021 cruise is a no go due to Princess - all I know at this time is that the exact same cruise - same number of days, same ship, just one week earlier, same cabin is  $ 575 per person more for the date in 2022

come on Princess , really ???

The prices are always high when first released.

6 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

The prices are always high when first released.

Oh, I know - and I'm on it like bluebonnet - monitoring the prices daily ... but still, and I realize all the outstanding FCC to be used ... and i guess i'm part of that problem by playing and winning the double amount paid in FCC if not paid in full

• Haha 1

Well it looks like this information was not passed down to their PVP's.

My PVP just let me know on Monday that our 14 day cruise on July 17, 2021 was good to go from the transfer of the cancelled Sun cruise. Oh...I guess I will just wait it out.

Final payment not due until sometime in April 2021 and hoping by then this itinerary is good to go. 

Crossing fingers.