Update on 10-day+ Cruises

fkfad

I just saw this on the Holland America website (I've been checking it every day for months).  We are booked on the February 7, 2021 10-day Southern Caribbean -- a cruise I knew would be impacted.  Now, we're just sitting tight to see what their plan is...

Seattle, Wash., Nov. 10, 2020 — Holland America Line has reviewed the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Framework for Conditional Sailing and is seeking additional clarification to fully understand the requirements. While we await further information, we have (temporarily) stopped selling all cruises eight days and longer which call upon a U.S. port and depart January 1 through November 1, 2021.  For those who are currently booked on one of these cruises, we ask for your patience to receive further information from Holland America Line on whether your cruise is impacted.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, fkfad said:

I just saw this on the Holland America website (I've been checking it every day for months).  We are booked on the February 7, 2021 10-day Southern Caribbean -- a cruise I knew would be impacted.  Now, we're just sitting tight to see what their plan is...

Seattle, Wash., Nov. 10, 2020 — Holland America Line has reviewed the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Framework for Conditional Sailing and is seeking additional clarification to fully understand the requirements. While we await further information, we have (temporarily) stopped selling all cruises eight days and longer which call upon a U.S. port and depart January 1 through November 1, 2021.  For those who are currently booked on one of these cruises, we ask for your patience to receive further information from Holland America Line on whether your cruise is impacted.

Thanks for bringing this news to our attention.

I am scheduled on this same cruise. Figure it is a no go, but thanks for keeping an eye on things. Know this is tough for HAL to navigate, but it would be nice to have a little more lead time to know what's going on with final payments due, etc.

I couldn’t find the announcement on the website (obviously looking in the wrong place).

However, I found that if you try to book any cruise over seven days you get part way into the booking and get a message that your chosen stateroom category is unavailable. This applies to any cabin on any sailing you try over seven days.

12 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

I couldn’t find the announcement on the website (obviously looking in the wrong place).

However, I found that if you try to book any cruise over seven days you get part way into the booking and get a message that your chosen stateroom category is unavailable. This applies to any cabin on any sailing you try over seven days.

If you go to the HAL site, click Covid 19 protocols at the top of the page (find out more)

00E1E91E-586E-4A83-AD24-04F66B4CC21C.thumb.png.6093d653910387a492cec8fa09831b7e.png

then click impacted cruises

03ACB798-784D-4FE8-8E21-0A6B06CC25FA.thumb.png.59e60ec10d1a4cfcfb57f3416beba8d3.png

and you will see this notice

301DAEA2-6160-4B73-A8B7-487AADD48AEB.thumb.png.c266cb04930c7801adacf90566829d92.png

• Like 1

For those of us with 8+ day booked cruises (we have 2 in that time frame) and have used FCCs on both those cruises, FCCs that must be booked by 12/31/2020, HAL really need to tell us what their plans are, either that or extend the use by date on those FCCs.

1 hour ago, fatcat04 said:

For those of us with 8+ day booked cruises (we have 2 in that time frame) and have used FCCs on both those cruises, FCCs that must be booked by 12/31/2020, HAL really need to tell us what their plans are, either that or extend the use by date on those FCCs.

Totally agree.  I suspect we will wait just as we are waiting for our cancellation and switch on a cruise I’m not going to be on.  For our sailing our date is November 30th for notification, information, assignment.  Sheesh.

Meanwhile, everything is frozen there as well as these sailings now as well.

HAL has a lot of challenges right now and I feel sorry for the itinerary planners.

On 11/11/2020 at 12:56 PM, fatcat04 said:

Any FCC with a book-by date of December 31, 2020 should be extended significantly.

Edited by SilvertoGold

On 11/11/2020 at 10:57 AM, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks for bringing this news to our attention.

Does "call upon" also include "departing from a U.S. port", even though there will no further U.S. ports at which it will stop?"  I would think so, but it a rather odd way to classify a cruise.     

9 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

Does "call upon" also include "departing from a U.S. port", even though there will no further U.S. ports at which it will stop?"  I would think so, but it a rather odd way to classify a cruise.     

Question answered by another thread on this subject.  I was thinking of the Grand Africa, and it is also on the list for temporary stop-sales.

• Like 2

and also into 2022.  It's a new 7-day choice, before the announcement was made saying no 10 & 11 day cruises until Nov 1st.  I booked the April 2, 2022 7-night southern, to sandwich between a couple longer cruises in December 2021 and December 2022.

Sue/WDW1972