Advice will pretty much be obsolete when we sail again

54 minutes ago, SelectSys said:

Because those same individuals will also go to the front of the line for themselves, their families and cronies.

I'm not a professional athlete, but I do work in a profession that gets priority.  In fact, I've already received notification that I can receive my shot VERY soon.

That said, I gave blood a couple months ago and found I have the antibodies.  As I suspected, I had COVID back in January.  Otherwise, I'm still a pretty strong and healthy dude.  Unless I'm ordered to, I have no intention of going to the front of the line to get my shot.  In fact, I plan to wait until Spring so that I know those with high risk conditions are taken care of first.  

2 hours ago, SelectSys said:

I am not whining  about it.  That's why I asked OTW if he was surprised.  

I was also not whining just stating facts based on how testing is available.

42 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

I'm not a professional athlete, but I do work in a profession that gets priority.  In fact, I've already received notification that I can receive my shot VERY soon.

That said, I gave blood a couple months ago and found I have the antibodies.  As I suspected, I had COVID back in January.  Otherwise, I'm still a pretty strong and healthy dude.  Unless I'm ordered to, I have no intention of going to the front of the line to get my shot.  In fact, I plan to wait until Spring so that I know those with high risk conditions are taken care of first.  

Of course there will most definitely be a general priority system - health care, first responders, aged individuals, preconditions, etc.  This is a different topic all together.

Congratulations on having a positive outcome on your previous COVID case!  I was working around a lot of professional services consultants that were flying regularly last January/February and I also got very sick at that time.  I have wondered if it was COVID, but haven't taken the antibody test (or active test for that matter)

One thing about COVID - I can't remember ever going this long without getting any kind of cold/flu!  I guess there is something to all this social distancing / isolation.