All Royal 2021 Transatlantics gone....

Gracie115

Royal Caribbean has pulled all 2021 TA's from inventory, including the ones in the fall.  X has pulled Reflection and the others are expected to be pulled soon according to who I talked to X yesterday. 

This doesn't mean they are cancelled but they aren't taking any new bookings and could very well mean they are cancelled if they can't get some agreement with the CDC about the 7 day cruise limit from USA ports.  

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

So does that mean that the ships would deadhead to Erope?

That's assuming ships scheduled for Europe actually operate from the US to the Caribbean before the Transatlantic was to take place.  I don't see more than 1-2 ships per cruise line operating before the end of the first quarter, and I expect the ones that do will be those scheduled for either year round Caribbean service, or those scheduled for seasonal repositioning to Canada/Alaska/Bermuda departing from US ports.  They may also reactivate a ship in the Caribbean that was scheduled to go to Europe and swap it onto itineraries that another ship was supposed to do in the Caribbean.  Nothing is really certain at this point.  Since EACH AND EVERY SHIP has to get approval from the CDC to sail this is the most cost effective approach to take.

1 hour ago, Argo. said:

Doing my vacation search I can't find a Transatlantic for HAL and Princess either.

For Spring there is a complete stop sale.   The fall ones departing after 11/1/21 are still available.  Nieuw Amsterdam 11/17/21 14 days CIV-FLL, Enchanted Princess 11/15/21 15 days BCN-FLL, Discovery Princess 11/24/21 14 days CIV-FLL.  Princess and HAL Fall Transatlantic's scheduled to depart 11/1 or before have been pulled from being sold (Sky Princess, Westerdam, Rotterdam and Volendam).

Anything scheduled to start in /end in /or visit a US port with a sailing duration of 8 days or longer with a sailing start date on or before 11/1/21 must be pulled from being sold for new reservations per the new CDC guidelines.  Existing reservations are not being cancelled at this time while the Cruise Lines work with CDC.

14 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

A friend add a cruising partner to her cabin today for the Odyssey TA in Oct 2021 

I guess she had never given a second name until today 

so I guess they have not canceled the cruise yet 

They haven't cancelled any of them yet. You can't book "new" reservations at this time, supposedly anyway.  Everyone already booked is just in limbo until the lines decide what they are doing with these sailings......or hoping that the CDC will lift some of the requirements at least by fall 2021.... 

I have no hope that our spring TA on the Reflection will happen at all.

time for your morning laugh 
Wind storm went though yesterday, power been out for 11 hours 

we have a natural gas back up generator for the house which powers 1/2 the house 

found out it does not power the bidet , no heated seat 😱

it was chilly sitting on it this morning 🤣

• Like 2