Have questions on specific cabins POA

janice2348

Since I don't see specific cabin reviews on this site anymore (correct me if I'm mistaken), I have questions on certain cabin numbers/categories.  I noticed on Norwegian's site that cabin categories are changing after 4/30/2022.  We are planning on sailing either April or September of 2022, depending on how the cruise industry does with the pandemic, and whether a safe and effective vaccine is available.

I am beginning to research cabin location.  We are interested in balcony categories BB and BA, midship.   It seems that certain cabins, closer to the aft in this category, have larger balconies.  For instance, deck 8-8668, 8670, 8168, 8170 look larger on the deck plans(there are more in this category). It looks the same for Deck 9 and 10.  The cabins I am looking at are in dark purple and pink.

Has anyone stayed in these cabins?  Can you tell me if the balconies are slightly bigger than 40 feet sq?  It would be greatly appreciated.  I'm trying to get the  most bang for my buck.

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 2.39.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 2.38.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 2.38.36 PM.png

Edited by janice2348

I have to admit that we spent little time on the ship as we stayed out and about all day every day. We stayed in 9558 which is BD cabin. It is more forward but it was so very quiet. It is not a larger balcony nor midship but three of us (2 adults, 1 child) did sit on the balcony. There was never any movement and we enjoyed the cabin. In 2022 we booked an aft balcony for of course more balcony space for the DD, DGD, and myself.

4 hours ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

I have to admit that we spent little time on the ship as we stayed out and about all day every day. We stayed in 9558 which is BD cabin. It is more forward but it was so very quiet. It is not a larger balcony nor midship but three of us (2 adults, 1 child) did sit on the balcony. There was never any movement and we enjoyed the cabin. In 2022 we booked an aft balcony for of course more balcony space for the DD, DGD, and myself.

Thanks for your input!

On 11/14/2020 at 4:05 PM, Sailing12Away said:

My sister & I had connecting rooms in a B6 - 9520 and whatever one is connecting next to it. The balcony was enormous. 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs, and a small table. The 4 of us would sit out there and play cards at night.

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

I’m no actually looking at B6 which is large balcony.  I’m looking at BA and BB towards the aft of the ship.  Some of those balconies ( see my attached deck plans) look larger.  Was your sisters balcony bigger than average?