Jump to content

Silver Moon videos released


Recommended Posts

It's going to be fascinating to see how the S.A.L.T. concept works once the ship starts sailing.  I can see it being incredibly popular.  I know we'll want to spend quite a bit of time in their sampling beverages and cuisines, especially on voyages that visit so many different countries. 

I wonder how SS plans to manage demand.  Will it have an upcharge like La Dame and Kaiseki?  Or, will it be come and go as you please like Atlantide and Indochine?

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is certainly a beautiful ship.  We loved the Spirit (cruised on several times), and then enjoyed cruising on the Muse (which kind of built on the Spirit).  Can't wait to be able to try the Moon.  Beyond seeing the nice ship, it is worth watching these videos just to hear the very fashionable lady's Italian-inflected English.  Makes me want to take a trip to the old-a country!!  

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

10 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

It's going to be fascinating to see how the S.A.L.T. concept works once the ship starts sailing.  I can see it being incredibly popular.  I know we'll want to spend quite a bit of time in their sampling beverages and cuisines, especially on voyages that visit so many different countries. 

I wonder how SS plans to manage demand.  Will it have an upcharge like La Dame and Kaiseki?  Or, will it be come and go as you please like Atlantide and Indochine?

 

Its meant to be open seating and if you had a peep in my.silversea, definitely no charges. (Only La Dame and Kaiseki were chargeable from what I saw.)

 

Lovely to see the clips Davewavey...  I know you would already have sailed and Stumbles been on now (followed by me in 5 days)... What would have been eh! Hopefully the furniture will arrive at some point!

 

What's quite amusing, both my moon sailings have been cancelled and now find myself (hopefully) looking forward to Spirit, Dawn and Muse sailings instead. (At least I'll get Indochine for 2 of them.) Nice to see Dawn growing in one clip. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, les37b said:

Its meant to be open seating and if you had a peep in my.silversea, definitely no charges. (Only La Dame and Kaiseki were chargeable from what I saw.)

 

Very interesting and good to know! 

 

Considering our next voyage includes six different countries (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, and India), I have a feeling we be spending most of our time in SALT and La Terrazza.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

 

Very interesting and good to know! 

 

Considering our next voyage includes six different countries (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, and India), I have a feeling we be spending most of our time in SALT and La Terrazza.

 

Now that sounds like a journey where SALT would really come into it's own Stumbles. I'm still gutted about my 50th Adriatic jolly on the Moon not happening. 21 is looking quite busy for us and as desperate as I am to experience the Moon, I'm being pulled towards a fantastic itinerary on a brand new ship with a brand new company, the Golden Horizon from tradewind voyages, Palma to Split. My heart skips a beat when I look at videos of her too. The Moon may have to wait until 22 for us now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If !! They adopt it as per the publicity it could be interesting.

Many of  the ships I sailed on were Indian crewed. We had two separate catering departments.

One, for the European Officers, was staffed by Goanese personnel. They cooked what they thought the Europeans might like or should have ... usually bland and dire in content.

The other was a Gujarati galley for the Indian ratings. They cooked what the Indians wanted and expected. The difference was phenomenal. When we were in port and unable to use the Officers saloon we used to beg and bribe the Indians for some of their wholly traditional food. Gorgeous offerings.
At sea, they used to collect the still flapping flying fish from the main deck, pop them into the oven and serve them, with fresh / still warm chapattis to the OOW for his ‘early breakfast’ 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Now that sounds like a journey where SALT would really come into it's own Stumbles. I'm still gutted about my 50th Adriatic jolly on the Moon not happening. 21 is looking quite busy for us and as desperate as I am to experience the Moon, I'm being pulled towards a fantastic itinerary on a brand new ship with a brand new company, the Golden Horizon from tradewind voyages

 

I hear you Davey.  Considering we had planned a 10-day gastronomy tour through Basque and Provence last month before boarding the Moon in Monte Carlo for a further adventure throughout Spain, we were sad when all of our best laid plans were crushed by Covid-19.  And, with 2021 so up in the air, we never made any plans.  So, this is why we decided to replace the 2020 back-to-back voyage on the Moon with the Singapore to Mumbai voyage in 2022 in order to satisfy our foodie exploration desires. 

 

Have fun planning your trip aboard Golden Horizon.  She looks stunning.  With our voyage setting sail on Valentine's Day, I know we'll have one heck of weekend in Singapore before boarding the Moon. ☺️ I haven't been able to stop dreaming of Chef Sebastien Lepinoy's haute French cuisine at 3 Michelin Star, Les Amis ever since our meal there in February, 2019.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

 

I hear you Davey.  Considering we had planned a 10-day gastronomy tour through Basque and Provence last month before boarding the Moon in Monte Carlo for a further adventure throughout Spain, we were sad when all of our best laid plans were crushed by Covid-19.  And, with 2021 so up in the air, we never made any plans.  So, this is why we decided to replace the 2020 back-to-back voyage on the Moon with the Singapore to Mumbai voyage in 2022 in order to satisfy our foodie exploration desires. 

 

Have fun planning your trip aboard Golden Horizon.  She looks stunning.  With our voyage setting sail on Valentine's Day, I know we'll have one heck of weekend in Singapore before boarding the Moon. ☺️ I haven't been able to stop dreaming of Chef Sebastien Lepinoy's haute French cuisine at 3 Michelin Star, Les Amis ever since our meal there in February, 2019.

 

And on the Moon TA you had planned..... Fish and chips every night! LOL

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising.co.uk
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...