Status of 10 day Jan 2nd Zaandam

Sailfish

I am aware that HAL has paused bookings on my voyage pending CDC guidance. That they haven't cancelled the booking and is sitting in limbo I guess until they can figure out what to do. 

Till then, I am trying to figure out what My options are. I booked through a TA and have left a message with my agent to see if I can transfer my booking to another date or rebook another voyage in Jan that is 7 days long. I have a hunch my 10 day cruise will not sail as is. 

We aren't new to HAL but don't cruise on their ships often. I was wondering if anyone here knows what options I have right now.  I called HAL but the agent I spoke had no insight on what my options would be. I am paid in full. I realize the cruise line probably is trying to figure out reasonable itineraries to replace my 10 day voyage or working on something with the CDC. Will the Zaandam return to Fort Lauderdale? 

I was just wondering if I will have to cancel and rebook or would HAL move my booking and perks to another ship. My TA will hopefully enlighten me, but till then, I thought I would see what the community here thinks. 

Thanks in advance. 

Suzi

I would guess that the chances of that Jan 2 cruise happening are about zero!  Even booking a 7 day January cruise will be very risky because HAL has to first deal with the CDC's certification process which is not going to be an easy task.  You might want to start considering a 7 day cruise in Feb or March with the possibility that things may not be happening that fast.

Hank

1 minute ago, KirkNC said:

Carnival lines just announced that they are canceling cruises through the end of January.

I saw that, but I thought it was specific to Carnival Cruises, not the corporattion. 

But I have a hunch it won't go either. I wish HAL would at least communicate this to passengers if that is the case. 

3 minutes ago, Sailfish said:

I saw that, but I thought it was specific to Carnival Cruises, not the corporattion. 

But I have a hunch it won't go either. I wish HAL would at least communicate this to passengers if that is the case. 

Yes it was just for the line not the corporation but where one goes the other usually follows.

2 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

Yes it was just for the line not the corporation but where one goes the other usually follows.

HAL still has the Nov 10, 2020 announcement up at their site asking passengers to be patient. I was hoping for something official. 

Just now, Sailfish said:

HAL still has the Nov 10, 2020 announcement up at their site asking passengers to be patient. I was hoping for something official. 

Understood, I think it will be soon as the Carnival announcement was yesterday I believe.  Hollands strength has never been communication.

Just now, KirkNC said:

Understood, I think it will be soon as the Carnival announcement was yesterday I believe.  Hollands strength has never been communication.

Well, that's another refund I will have to deal with if it is cancelled. I just assume move the booking to another sailing, but when I have done this, it never seems to work out well. I end up having to pay more!  HAL doesn't do a lift and shift like other lines. 

Oh well. 

• Like 1