Jump to content

Odyssey & Wonder inaugural dates


Recommended Posts

I know they have been pushed back, but have they announced the new inaugural sailing dates for these 2 ships (barring more unforeseen circumstances, of course)?

Have they started production on any other ships as of now?

What ships are scheduled after Wonder of the Seas?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

I know they have been pushed back, but have they announced the new inaugural sailing dates for these 2 ships (barring more unforeseen circumstances, of course)?

Have they started production on any other ships as of now?

What ships are scheduled after Wonder of the Seas?

April 2 is the first scheduled sailing for Odyssey

 

no sailings have been released for Wonder 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As they only recently added a few new earlier sailings for Odyssey they must be pretty confident she will be built in time and will be allowed to sail. 
April 2 is her first 3n sailing from Southampton  which is 135 days away.

Edited by little britain
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, little britain said:

As they only recently added a few new earlier sailings for Odyssey they must be pretty confident she will be built in time and will be allowed to sail. 
April 2 is her first 3n sailing from Southampton  which is 135 days away.

That’s not long really but hopefully she’ll be ready on time and able to cruise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, steve20832 said:

Icon class is next at around 200,000 tons. I doubt they will build more Oasis class ships. Once Wonder comes out, that will number 5 of the Oasis class. https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/4225/

There is still a 6th Oasis class ship on the order books scheduled for delivery in between the first and second Icon class ships.  It's possible they may try to get out of this order, but for now it still stands.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2020 at 7:21 PM, Norwich Cruiser said:

That’s not long really but hopefully she’ll be ready on time and able to cruise.

Odyssey is very close to leaving the shipyard shed via the flout out. Not long after that she will traverse down the river Enns for sea trials. She is looking very well progressed! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I think it will look something like the oasis class because it is so successful.

Then why don't they just order more oasis class ships, if that's the case? Both are roughly the same size in GT now. If the design is the same too, then icon class seizes to make sense, other than the LNG which could be added to future Oasis classes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Then why don't they just order more oasis class ships, if that's the case? Both are roughly the same size in GT now. If the design is the same too, then icon class seizes to make sense, other than the LNG which could be added to future Oasis classes.

Probably a much different ship but the boardwalk and Central Park gives extra balcony’s. They would have to stay with that idea.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

Then why don't they just order more oasis class ships, if that's the case? Both are roughly the same size in GT now. If the design is the same too, then icon class seizes to make sense, other than the LNG which could be added to future Oasis classes.

 

Cruise passengers crave, change, progress and new experiences 

 

If Royal get it right, Icon could secure their future against rivals for years to come

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

Then why don't they just order more oasis class ships, if that's the case? Both are roughly the same size in GT now. If the design is the same too, then icon class seizes to make sense, other than the LNG which could be added to future Oasis classes.

 

I'm not sure it's so easy to just add LNG to the existing Oasis design.  That's a pretty big modification which would require they go back and re-engineer the entire weight and balance which requires they re-engineer every pound and the type of material relative to where it's placed to maintain the required center of gravity.  At a certain point you are better to start from the ground up, engineer a new build and call it something like... Icon class.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...