Black Friday Sale

dszrew

got a brochure in the mail promoting the black friday sale, with "up to" 4 category upgrade. fine print says the sale runs 23 Nov-2 Dec.

the brochure didn't list anything I'm interested in, but last time they had a 4 category upgrade sale there were some good prices. I guess we'll have to wait until Monday to see which cruises will have those sale prices applied.

2 hours ago, dszrew said:

got a brochure in the mail promoting the black friday sale, with "up to" 4 category upgrade. fine print says the sale runs 23 Nov-2 Dec.

the brochure didn't list anything I'm interested in, but last time they had a 4 category upgrade sale there were some good prices. I guess we'll have to wait until Monday to see which cruises will have those sale prices applied.

These "4 category" sales come along every once and awhile. Hopefully, you understand that it would be along the lines of B3 to A3. So, you'll get some concierge perks for whatever is the B price (starting next week). 

Of course, the overall prices may go up as well, which could make it not much of a "sale."

But, the biggest concern in waiting for the "sale" is the continuing disappearance of cabin availability in both 2021 and 2022. 

Every desirable long cruise we thought about for autumn 2021 is fully waitlisted already and the 2022s (even the ones just announced) are selling at an unbelievably fast rate.

Remember that there's many thousands of time limited FCCs (generated this year) that need to be booked right now.

11 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

These "4 category" sales come along every once and awhile. Hopefully, you understand that it would be along the lines of B3 to A3. So, you'll get some concierge perks for whatever is the B price (starting next week). 

Of course, the overall prices may go up as well, which could make it not much of a "sale."

Last sale in the summer prices remained the same and I was able to get a B2 veranda for the price of an inside cabin. saved several thousands of dollars. who knows what Monday will bring?

Here is the list of sailings from a document I received from my TA. I was able to remove her name from the document, so I have uploaded it.

SAIL DATE SHIP DAYS VOYAGE NAME EMBARK & DISEMBARK
07/18/21 RIVIERA 12 SACRED PATHWAYS Athens to Istanbul
07/19/21 MARINA 7 BALTIC MARVELS Stockholm to Copenhagen
07/26/21 MARINA 7 BALTIC MARVELS Copenhagen to Stockholm
07/29/21 REGATTA 7 STUNNING SCENERY Seattle to Seattle
07/30/21 RIVIERA 10 IDYLLIC GREEK ISLES Istanbul to Athens
08/09/21 RIVIERA 10 PILLARS OF HISTORY Athens to Barcelona
08/12/21 MARINA 7 BALTIC MARVELS Copenhagen to Stockholm
08/12/21 REGATTA 7 STUNNING SCENERY Seattle to Seattle
08/14/21 NAUTICA 12 MEDIEVAL TO MYTHOLOGY Venice to Istanbul
08/19/21 MARINA 10 NORTHERN GATEWAYS Stockholm to Copenhagen
08/19/21 RIVIERA 7 MEDITERRANEAN BRILLIANCE Barcelona to Rome
08/26/21 RIVIERA 7 GREEK & ITALIAN GLORY Rome to Athens
09/14/21 RIVIERA 12 ROMAN REALMS Venice to Rome
09/21/21 INSIGNIA 10 SEASIDE COVES New York to New York
09/26/21 NAUTICA 10 PIAZZAS & PROMENADES Barcelona to Monte Carlo
09/26/21 RIVIERA 10 LUSTROUS COASTS Rome to Barcelona
10/06/21 NAUTICA 7 AROUND THE BOOT Monte Carlo to Venice
10/06/21 RIVIERA 12 ESSENCE OF THE AEGEAN Barcelona to Istanbul
10/28/21 RIVIERA 10 IMPERIAL ICONS Venice to Monte Carlo
11/07/21 RIVIERA 10 IBERIAN IMMERSION Monte Carlo to Rome
11/09/21 MARINA 10 ROMAN ROMANCE Venice to Barcelona
12/01/21 MARINA 18 TRANSIT OF THE AMERICAS Miami to Lima
12/19/21 MARINA 20 SOUTHERNMOST SEAFARER Lima to Buenos Aires
01/05/22 SIRENA 7 TROPICAL RETREATS Miami to Miami
01/07/22 REGATTA 14 SPLENDORS DOWN UNDER Sydney to Auckland
01/12/22 SIRENA 10 SUN-SPLASHED SOIREE Miami to Miami
01/21/22 REGATTA 14 TASMAN TAPESTRY Auckland to Sydney
01/22/22 SIRENA 10 PANAMA POTPOURRI Miami to Panama City
02/11/22 SIRENA 12 WAVES OF WANDERLUST Miami to Miami
02/23/22 SIRENA 10 SUN-SPLASHED SOIREE Miami to Miami
02/24/22 NAUTICA 12 ANDAMAN AWAKENING Singapore to Singapore
02/26/22 MARINA 21 ASTOUNDING AMAZON Rio de Janeiro to Miami
03/05/22 SIRENA 12 AMBER TO ANTILLES Miami to Oranjestad
03/08/22 NAUTICA 14 SOUTHEAST ASIA SOJOURN Singapore to Hong Kong
03/22/22 NAUTICA 14 IMPERIAL INTERLUDE Hong Kong to Tokyo
03/29/22 SIRENA 14 IDYLLIC ATLANTIC Bridgetown to Barcelona
04/04/22 INSIGNIA 12 IMPERIAL EXPLORATION Hong Kong to Bangkok
05/05/22 NAUTICA 18 EASTERN ALLURE Tokyo to Singapore

Black_Friday_Sale_US_HR Clean.pdf

Edited by MisterBill99
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

what can you loose......  just dont expect PH and above to be in the mix.....

Here is one cruise's list of upgrades from the document I received.

Concierge Level Veranda to Penthouse, Veranda to Concierge Level Veranda, Deluxe Ocean View to Veranda, Inside to Deluxe Ocean View

8 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

Here is one cruise's list of upgrades from the document I received.

Concierge Level Veranda to Penthouse, Veranda to Concierge Level Veranda, Deluxe Ocean View to Veranda, Inside to Deluxe Ocean View

I wish you well.....While it  is hopeful , I have seldom if ever  upgrades from Verandas on any grade into the PH catagory.       Good luck , however PH and above as well as the insides are the very first to sell  and are cash cows for the line...  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawaiidan said:

I wish you well.....While it  is hopeful , I have seldom if ever  upgrades from Verandas on any grade into the PH catagory.       Good luck , however PH and above as well as the insides are the very first to sell  and are cash cows for the line...  

I'm not doing any upgrades, sadly the cruise I just booked for 2022 isn't even on the list. I saw this thread and figured I would post the info that I had received from my TA.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

We upgraded from a A1 to a PH3 on the last two upgrade offers - there is hope! We were told it's not the full 4 category when they get into PHs - you just jump up one. Obviously based on availability! We were lucky.

On the Labor Day sale we went from A2 to PH3 (one on 9 in the rear) for $100 ($50/pp). It triggered more OBC from our TA, so it was basically a wash. We have the same cabin booked again in 2022 as a backup, and it’s about $1000 more per person. Obviously hoping that if 2021 doesn’t happen, prices will drop for 2022 at some point, but also figure that if 2021 is a no go, we’re just spending money we didn’t get to spend in 2020 or 2021.

1 hour ago, cayman09 said:

We went from A3 to PH3 during the July sale. They are there if you look.

Boy  you guys are lucky....   There are going to be exceptions.... and when you get them be thankful....   For me, while it sounds strange  I hope for the reverse... down grades   I once booked a PH3 on  a 21 day....  And they offered me a B2 in Insignia... along with $9,000 and  the B-2 at no charge AND 10 free shore ex + $500 pp OBC...........   Never  even heard of that... or ever dreamed of that   A free cruise  all the perks and a cash refund...      They were over sold and wanted the cabin BAD .....   Probably never ever see that again 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

Boy  you guys are lucky....   There are going to be exceptions.... and when you get them be thankful....   For me, while it sounds strange  I hope for the reverse... down grades   I once booked a PH3 on  a 21 day....  And they offered me a B2 in Insignia... along with $9,000 and  the B-2 at no charge AND 10 free shore ex + $500 pp OBC...........   Never  even heard of that... or ever dreamed of that   A free cruise  all the perks and a cash refund...      They were over sold and wanted the cabin BAD .....   Probably never ever see that again 

But you had to "slum it" in a B2. I once sailed with someone on Celebrity who had a Suite Guarantee booked, and they couldn't get one for her. She ended up in Aqua class (the top non-suite category but a regular size cabin), they refunded her fare, and let her eat in the Suite restaurant, and she was still unhappy. Of course, I don't think she got extra money back like you did.

4 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

But you had to "slum it" in a B2. I once sailed with someone on Celebrity who had a Suite Guarantee booked, and they couldn't get one for her. She ended up in Aqua class (the top non-suite category but a regular size cabin), they refunded her fare, and let her eat in the Suite restaurant, and she was still unhappy. Of course, I don't think she got extra money back like you did.

Oceania has gotten a lot smarter on doing guarantees in the past few years. Chances are Hawaiidan’s experiences came come over sold guarantees. I was on the Marina once where they were making outlandish offers to take a different cruise. We were offered a future free cruise plus more money back than we paid! Turned it down fortunately. The Marina no longer goes to Australia and NZ. 

5 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

Some people are never ever satisfied....  like the lady who got a free cruise and got to eat in the special dining room for special people....    Come on.... whats to complain about its  a free cruise.........   I still shake my head at some folks......

1 hour ago, Hawaiidan said:

Some people are never ever satisfied....  like the lady who got a free cruise and got to eat in the special dining room for special people....    Come on.... whats to complain about its  a free cruise.........   I still shake my head at some folks......

I guess if you have a big house, and are used to sailing in a big cabin, and the money you got back doesn't matter since you have plenty, then it can be a big deal.

Sadly I am in none of those categories.

• Like 2

On 11/18/2020 at 11:43 PM, MisterBill99 said:

Here is the list of sailings from a document I received from my TA. I was able to remove her name from the document, so I have uploaded it.

SAIL DATE SHIP DAYS VOYAGE NAME EMBARK & DISEMBARK
07/18/21 RIVIERA 12 SACRED PATHWAYS Athens to Istanbul
07/19/21 MARINA 7 BALTIC MARVELS Stockholm to Copenhagen
07/26/21 MARINA 7 BALTIC MARVELS Copenhagen to Stockholm
07/29/21 REGATTA 7 STUNNING SCENERY Seattle to Seattle
07/30/21 RIVIERA 10 IDYLLIC GREEK ISLES Istanbul to Athens
08/09/21 RIVIERA 10 PILLARS OF HISTORY Athens to Barcelona
08/12/21 MARINA 7 BALTIC MARVELS Copenhagen to Stockholm
08/12/21 REGATTA 7 STUNNING SCENERY Seattle to Seattle
08/14/21 NAUTICA 12 MEDIEVAL TO MYTHOLOGY Venice to Istanbul
08/19/21 MARINA 10 NORTHERN GATEWAYS Stockholm to Copenhagen
08/19/21 RIVIERA 7 MEDITERRANEAN BRILLIANCE Barcelona to Rome
08/26/21 RIVIERA 7 GREEK & ITALIAN GLORY Rome to Athens
09/14/21 RIVIERA 12 ROMAN REALMS Venice to Rome
09/21/21 INSIGNIA 10 SEASIDE COVES New York to New York
09/26/21 NAUTICA 10 PIAZZAS & PROMENADES Barcelona to Monte Carlo
09/26/21 RIVIERA 10 LUSTROUS COASTS Rome to Barcelona
10/06/21 NAUTICA 7 AROUND THE BOOT Monte Carlo to Venice
10/06/21 RIVIERA 12 ESSENCE OF THE AEGEAN Barcelona to Istanbul
10/28/21 RIVIERA 10 IMPERIAL ICONS Venice to Monte Carlo
11/07/21 RIVIERA 10 IBERIAN IMMERSION Monte Carlo to Rome
11/09/21 MARINA 10 ROMAN ROMANCE Venice to Barcelona
12/01/21 MARINA 18 TRANSIT OF THE AMERICAS Miami to Lima
12/19/21 MARINA 20 SOUTHERNMOST SEAFARER Lima to Buenos Aires
01/05/22 SIRENA 7 TROPICAL RETREATS Miami to Miami
01/07/22 REGATTA 14 SPLENDORS DOWN UNDER Sydney to Auckland
01/12/22 SIRENA 10 SUN-SPLASHED SOIREE Miami to Miami
01/21/22 REGATTA 14 TASMAN TAPESTRY Auckland to Sydney
01/22/22 SIRENA 10 PANAMA POTPOURRI Miami to Panama City
02/11/22 SIRENA 12 WAVES OF WANDERLUST Miami to Miami
02/23/22 SIRENA 10 SUN-SPLASHED SOIREE Miami to Miami
02/24/22 NAUTICA 12 ANDAMAN AWAKENING Singapore to Singapore
02/26/22 MARINA 21 ASTOUNDING AMAZON Rio de Janeiro to Miami
03/05/22 SIRENA 12 AMBER TO ANTILLES Miami to Oranjestad
03/08/22 NAUTICA 14 SOUTHEAST ASIA SOJOURN Singapore to Hong Kong
03/22/22 NAUTICA 14 IMPERIAL INTERLUDE Hong Kong to Tokyo
03/29/22 SIRENA 14 IDYLLIC ATLANTIC Bridgetown to Barcelona
04/04/22 INSIGNIA 12 IMPERIAL EXPLORATION Hong Kong to Bangkok
05/05/22 NAUTICA 18 EASTERN ALLURE Tokyo to Singapore

Black_Friday_Sale_US_HR Clean.pdf 1.42 MB · 38 downloads

Hope I'm not the only one confused on exactly what the current Oceana itineraries officially are.  Based on the above chart the itinerary we're considering is being sold as 2 sailings. Received a small brochure 2 days ago entitled Mediterranean Breeze with six specific itineraries. The one we're considering, according to the brochure, is a 14 night "Renaissance to Relics" on the Riviera that departs Aug 19 and returns Sept 2.    

37 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

Hope I'm not the only one confused on exactly what the current Oceana itineraries officially are.  Based on the above chart the itinerary we're considering is being sold as 2 sailings. Received a small brochure 2 days ago entitled Mediterranean Breeze with six specific itineraries. The one we're considering, according to the brochure, is a 14 night "Renaissance to Relics" on the Riviera that departs Aug 19 and returns Sept 2.    

I believe you are confusing two totally different items. 

1. Oceania has a long list of cruises that it is currently offering.

2.  Oceania has a small subset of those total cruises, listed in the post above, on which they are offering the upgrade potentials.

Does that explain it for you?

52 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

I believe you are confusing two totally different items. 

1. Oceania has a long list of cruises that it is currently offering.

2.  Oceania has a small subset of those total cruises, listed in the post above, on which they are offering the upgrade potentials.

Does that explain it for you?

Bottom line of OP's confusion is that she's looking to book a 14 day extended journey (listed in mail brochure) that begins with the 7 day single segment (on the sale flyer). 

FWIW, I've got one of those early 2022 "Black Friday" sale cruises booked already (transferred to it a few weeks ago from the same 2021 cruise just cancelled by O and got the current 10% O Club price reduction on a B2). In my first pass at the math,  the current "sale" prices for us can be good OR not depending on which categories are involved.

Of course, there's always "which cabins are still available" to consider. 

Can someone clarify something for me.   We have an extended voyage booked for which both legs are listed on the BF sale list.   I thought O says if it's offered as an extended voyage then it can't be booked as a B2B.  So does that mean, this 4 category upgrade does not apply?   

TIA.

2 minutes ago, the mice said:

Can someone clarify something for me.   We have an extended voyage booked for which both legs are listed on the BF sale list.   I thought O says if it's offered as an extended voyage then it can't be booked as a B2B.  So does that mean, this 4 category upgrade does not apply?   

TIA.

It does not apply. However, you could try to rebook and request an exception to have a combination cruise though I think you'll find it ends up being a wash because you may not be able to mix discounts.

However, if you've got the right TA, it could be worth asking.

Thanks for quick reply. 

My TA is Connoisseur Club Member and she just got back to me (after you did), saying discounts did not combine with what we had.  We did a book onboard on the Brit Isles cruise June 2019 (where we met you), then moved it from 2021 to 2022 back in March this year, and then repriced it on a price drop in May.    So the price is good.   

Thanks.

2 hours ago, the mice said:

Thanks for quick reply. 

My TA is Connoisseur Club Member and she just got back to me (after you did), saying discounts did not combine with what we had.  We did a book onboard on the Brit Isles cruise June 2019 (where we met you), then moved it from 2021 to 2022 back in March this year, and then repriced it on a price drop in May.    So the price is good.   

Thanks.

Yes - that's why you can't make a combination cruise out of two extended journeys. They're already discounted (BTW, significantly more than if you were able to join all the segments as a combo for only a 5% discount.