Changes Announced for Captain's Club Member Benefits

48 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

We feel the same way which is why we just booked a Regent Alaska cruise to try them out.  We already know what AZ and Oceania deliver.  We liked them both.  So as Celebrity raises prices as a wanna be, we found that AZ aft facing cabin.

BTW I no longer use "X" to refer to Celebrity.  The X was from when Chandris owned them.  Celebrity certainly doesn't maintain that standard.  Maybe I'll start calling them "XX"....the double cross company. 🤣

Aware of the history of X, but I guess as long as they show it on their ships, It's still 'X' for me....LOL.

4 hours ago, jagoffee said:

It will be interesting to see how you like Regent.  We experience our first Regent cruise in January 2020.  Celebrity removed the regular 14 day Caribbean cruise (it was our favorite every January), so we paid a premium to try Regent’s 14 day version.  As I am sure you know, Regent is much more all inclusive than Celebrity’s AI (Always Included) or even Celebrity’s  Best package.  A lot to like about Regent.  The specialty restaurants are included and are excellent, but the MDR quality and variety is amazing. The service was outstanding and the shows excellent considering the smaller size. (We were on their largest ship).

There were some things that we like better on Celebrity, some of them depends on whether one is in a suite.  It should  be a great experience. If you do not normally stay in a suite on Celebrity and the Regent price is in the ball park of the Celebrity price, regent would be an obviously choice IMO.

We've done a couple of the extended South Caribbean XX cruises and really enjoyed them. Also liked the former 14 nites to NE/Canada.  They don't do those any longer only shorter.

I didn't book Regent for the price.  I booked it for the experience.  Why leave it to my nieces and nephews? 😁  We booked a concierge to start because it included air, all the excursions and a 5 star hotel night pre-cruise in Vancouver plus the other inclusive items.  My TA is also rebating us $1,450 no need for OBC with real all inclusive.  Besides, I'm looking forward to lots of lobster and Alaskan Crab legs for several meals.

We also like the smaller ships that are more intimate. We have a Celebrity suite (our first suite) booked in Feb 2022 and Regent in Sept 2022. It will be interesting to compare the two so close to each other.

On 12/25/2020 at 4:18 PM, ChucktownSteve said:

We've done a couple of the extended South Caribbean XX cruises and really enjoyed them. Also liked the former 14 nites to NE/Canada.  They don't do those any longer only shorter.

I didn't book Regent for the price.  I booked it for the experience.  Why leave it to my nieces and nephews? 😁  We booked a concierge to start because it included air, all the excursions and a 5 star hotel night pre-cruise in Vancouver plus the other inclusive items.  My TA is also rebating us $1,450 no need for OBC with real all inclusive.  Besides, I'm looking forward to lots of lobster and Alaskan Crab legs for several meals.

We also like the smaller ships that are more intimate. We have a Celebrity suite (our first suite) booked in Feb 2022 and Regent in Sept 2022. It will be interesting to compare the two so close to each other.

Was the XX rated cruise a lot less risqe than the XXX rated one?

• 3 weeks later...

Vor circa 7 Jahren habe ich meine erste Kreuzfahrt mit Celebrity gemacht. Und ich war völlig begeistert. Es war soviel besser als bei anderen Gesellschaften. Und bereits damals gab es Leute, die meinten, früher wäre alles noch viel besser gewesen. Und dann habe auch ich erlebt, wie nach und nach all die kleinen Extras, die eine Reise mit Celebrity besonders machten, eingesammelt wurden. Heute unterscheidet sich Celebrity in keiner Weise mehr von anderen Gesellschaften. Zuletzt habe ich gerne eine Suite gebucht. Die Leistung war sehr gut. Aber die Art und Weise, wie Celebrity jetzt Suitegäste von anderen trennt, gefällt mir überhaupt nicht. Es kommt mir vor, als würden Gäste, die keine Suite gebucht haben, gerade noch geduldet. Das ist schon sehr abgehoben. Einfach nur übel.

16 minutes ago, Sailaway1706 said:

Vor circa 7 Jahren habe ich meine erste Kreuzfahrt mit Celebrity gemacht. Und ich war völlig begeistert. Es war soviel besser als bei anderen Gesellschaften. Und bereits damals gab es Leute, die meinten, früher wäre alles noch viel besser gewesen. Und dann habe auch ich erlebt, wie nach und nach all die kleinen Extras, die eine Reise mit Celebrity besonders machten, eingesammelt wurden. Heute unterscheidet sich Celebrity in keiner Weise mehr von anderen Gesellschaften. Zuletzt habe ich gerne eine Suite gebucht. Die Leistung war sehr gut. Aber die Art und Weise, wie Celebrity jetzt Suitegäste von anderen trennt, gefällt mir überhaupt nicht. Es kommt mir vor, als würden Gäste, die keine Suite gebucht haben, gerade noch geduldet. Das ist schon sehr abgehoben. Einfach nur übel.

I took my first cruise with Celebrity about 7 years ago. And I was absolutely thrilled. It was so much better than any other company. And even then there were people who thought that everything would have been much better in the past. And then I also saw how little by little all the little extras that made a trip with Celebrity special were collected. Today, Celebrity is no different from other societies in any way. Most recently I booked a suite with pleasure. The performance was very good. But I don't like the way Celebrity separates suite guests from others at all. It seems to me that guests who have not booked a suite are being tolerated. That is very aloof. Just bad.

1 hour ago, Sailaway1706 said:

Sailaway1706 Froh zu sehen, dass Sie ein bewusster Kreuzer sind. XX ist der Meinung, dass sie ihre höheren Preise rechtfertigen müssen.

Edited by ChucktownSteve
On 11/18/2020 at 10:36 AM, Pennstatedj said:

I just finished new email from X. All I can say is Wow. After reading all the great new benefits given to me as an Elite Plus with over 60 cruises, I can only say that I have only 1 more cruise left on X. I have been very loyal for the last 25 years, but this is the worst marketing move the CEO has ever made. I will be going back to being open to cruising with others after I use my credit voucher. I knew she would take this opportunity to use Covid as an excuse to reduce perks and sky lounge use. Extra parties and discounts on spa and photos and laundry pressing are not benefits. I just heard Princess Ceo yell with thanks to Lisa. Happy sailing to all when it starts. 

Being an elite plus member on celebrity, and having sailed a few times on Princess, you cannot compare the two lines.  Food, entertainment and service so much better on Celebrity.  Princess doesn't give great perks to suite guests or those who have sailed often.  I actually prefer the elimination of the sky lounge daily cocktail parties.  The snacks were horrible and skimpy and who needs to be in a crowded room with others.  Times are changing.  I predict that you will be back to celebrity.

Edited by Cruise a holic