No FCC. No lift and shift.

homedepot124

Celebrity just cancelled our October 16, 2021 cruise on Summit.  The e-mail from Celebrity says we can either get a refund for what we have paid or book another Caribbean cruise 'at prevailing rates' and get a $200 on board credit.  No option for the 125% FCC and no option to lift and shift.  And of course all of the prevailing rates are significantly higher with the new Always Included program.  So my question is have they eliminated the FCC and Lift and Shift on all cancellations going forward?

Historically when they cancel for Charters and other things more than the 330 day airline reservation open date they do something similar with just a token OBC for your inconvenience but generally have a couple of sailings you can change to with price protected.   No such offer this time.

Lift and Shift was today granted to at least some cruises despite the original announcement yesterday.

Our (US) TA was able to L&S our 1/24/22 Edge cruise to Silhouette on the exact same dates (and almost the same itinerary, just one port of call dropped and another changed to overnight stay) with protected price and perks from the original booking.

Today my travel agent was able to move my 12/3/2021 booking on Edge which was canceled to the same date and itinerary on Silhouette at the same price and perks from the original booking plus an additional $300 in OBC. I thought it would cost me almost $700 more.

• Like 1

Question:  I received a letter from Celebrity stating that my cruise on the Summit was cancelled. I had that reservation because when the pandemic started, we elected to use their offer of FCC rather than take a loss on our payment.  THEY  cancelled that original cruise on the Equinox completely a few days later and offered people their money back.

They stated in the letter, "If you are not interested in rebooting at this time you will receive 100% refund to your original method of payment, for amounts currently paid on your reservation." 

So our original payment on the Equinox was with a credit card. Will they reimburse to the credit card or will we be forced to use the FCC? It seems so unfair to penalize people for sticking with them in times of the pandemic, al though I totally realize it is all about them keeping our money.

Thoughts?