Mardi Gras balcony size question

geneparmesan

I realize no one has cruised on this ship yet. 🙂 I figure this is the best place for speculation, though!

I am trying to pick a balcony stateroom, and the deck plan is very interesting with the shape of the exterior walls... Is the balcony in the rooms such as 10463 really twice as big as the balcony in the rooms such as 10475? Or is it just the way they are drawn?

image.png.783bd8eaefb0e6c7e6a04d27d4cc16e9.png

I would guess that the corner balconies are hidden gems for now, I could see them getting their own cabin designation to increase fares on them.  Honestly I am not sure on the balcony sizes.  I would hope that they are bigger as I would book them because the deck plan makes them look bigger

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Those 2 would be my pick. 15475 and 15456. 

I dont see what the op means about the one they named, looks normal

To me, it looks like the size of the balcony on 10463 is about twice the size of the balcony on 10475. 

If you compare Deck 9 with Deck 10 on the deck plans, it looks like Deck 9 has extended room balconies. Deck 10 has regular sized rooms, so the balconies are (might be?) longer. You can kind of see it in the photo of the ship I posted. Deck 9 is the first row of balconies above the "Lanai" on Deck 8.

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/Ships/MD/DeckPlans/mardi-gras-deck-plan-pdf 

Anyways, it's all speculation for now!

1 hour ago, racing1a said:

If your looking for a real big balcony try one of these forward facing rooms. I booked 17202 for a future cruise.

image.thumb.png.7bcf0bbcc9605645c54ec821ef78aa62.png

Wow, are those standard balcony rooms? I think you'll be sitting on top of the bridge, right? That would be cool.

Unfortunately, Deck 17 Forward shows as sold out on my sailing.

On 11/18/2020 at 7:23 PM, geneparmesan said:

I realize no one has cruised on this ship yet. 🙂 I figure this is the best place for speculation, though!

I am trying to pick a balcony stateroom, and the deck plan is very interesting with the shape of the exterior walls... Is the balcony in the rooms such as 10463 really twice as big as the balcony in the rooms such as 10475? Or is it just the way they are drawn?

image.png.783bd8eaefb0e6c7e6a04d27d4cc16e9.png

Those balconies on deck 10 are indeed bigger.

Check out this YouTube video by Cruise Admiral that shows and explains the decks including 10.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Those balconies on deck 10 are indeed bigger.

Check out this YouTube video by Cruise Admiral that shows and explains the decks including 10.

Thank you! That is a good explanation. 
I saw this longer video by the same channel linked in another thread... It is very informative and answered most of my questions. I booked one of the "corner" balconies which seem larger, but I didn't book deck 15 as it seems the Lido deck may be hanging overhead.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 11/19/2020 at 10:52 AM, racing1a said:

If your looking for a real big balcony try one of these forward facing rooms. I booked 17202 for a future cruise.

image.thumb.png.7bcf0bbcc9605645c54ec821ef78aa62.png

This deck map is a bit misleading. The drone shot shows the actual balcony railing.

Mardi_Gras_forward.png

I had the same question and actually called.  Of course, the phone person didn't know what I was talking about.  It will be good when people can start telling us what's what.  I don't understand why the ship is so kept under wraps?   I'm still trying to find non-publicity or simulated pictures of the interior. When it sailed into Port Canaveral, half the people along the route were vloggers.  Even a walk-through with their media people would be nice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moviela said:

This deck map is a bit misleading. The drone shot shows the actual balcony railing.

Mardi_Gras_forward.png

Yeah seeing that drone video was a little bit of a bummer, looks like we lost half of that huge balcony 😉. Oh well I guess we'll just have to soldier on with the spa amenities and cheers program and just make the best of it. 😂🤣

3 hours ago, naxer said:

I had the same question and actually called.  Of course, the phone person didn't know what I was talking about.  It will be good when people can start telling us what's what.  I don't understand why the ship is so kept under wraps?   I'm still trying to find non-publicity or simulated pictures of the interior. When it sailed into Port Canaveral, half the people along the route were vloggers.  Even a walk-through with their media people would be nice.

The the interior was not complete and no one was allowed on due to covid. 

On 11/18/2020 at 7:25 PM, geneparmesan said:

Also, what's up with the balconies in rooms such as  15475? They look huge!

image.png.8832bc0dedcada1213dc6a466125a579.png

The corner ones are suites, had 3 booked on previous cancelled sailings, next one for us is January.  

26 minutes ago, wayne_trisha said:

The the interior was not complete and no one was allowed on due to covid. 

Soon enough we'll know.  But, yeah, that is what is repeated.  They better get the interior completed soon, and the "because covid" is starting to wear thin in all walks of life.  😀  

On 11/18/2020 at 6:32 PM, geneparmesan said:

Are these "corner" balconies a hidden gem?

image.thumb.png.9f03cd67c3ecdf23f2332a96137326e7.png

That's what I thought as well that's why I booked one for next summer. I hope it really is what it looks like.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2021 at 10:48 PM, CJHAN said:

That's what I thought as well that's why I booked one for next summer. I hope it really is what it looks like.

I did as well for early 2022. Hopefully it won't be too windy, but I'm excited about the prospect of a larger balcony and maybe even a wider view of the horizon due to the shape.

34 minutes ago, geneparmesan said:

I did as well for early 2022. Hopefully it won't be too windy, but I'm excited about the prospect of a larger balcony and maybe even a wider view of the horizon due to the shape.

I was thinking the wind might be an issue as well because it’s mostly forward facing. Also some chance we will be looking right onto other peoples balconies.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 6:25 PM, geneparmesan said:

Also, what's up with the balconies in rooms such as  15475? They look huge!

image.png.8832bc0dedcada1213dc6a466125a579.png

We booked 16279 which is one of those corner bump out balconies. Ours is considered an OS. But I think it will be very worth it! 

• Like 1

Those balconies are indeed larger. We've had a couple similar to them on other ships. Those that are on the forward facing part of a bump out will catch more breeze than those on the aft portions.

You do get more real estate - but probably half of it would not be private - with all those people along the inset balconies able to see you (if that's at all a concern).

i-p5fjqdc.jpg

i-992Bx9Q.jpg

You can click on the image if you'd like a closer look.

Tom

• Like 1