Jump to content

The Daily for Thursday Nov 19, 2020


Recommended Posts

@cat shepardI had forgotten about Paul McCartney's Mull of Kintyre; I do like that one! 

 

Who knew that the late Glenn Campbell could also play bagpipes?  A friend actually sent the link to us last night, so I thought I'd share it here.  I've never seen anyone sing, blow up the bagpipe, sing, and then play the bagpipe without any hesitation - he was truly a musical master.
 

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning Rich. A great group of quotes, drinks and of course the reason we started coming here in the first place.. Our maps!

 

Love to my sisters Deeni and Ann..Roy, summer, Hflors and Jacqui.. thanks for your contributions.

 

Goodness, the dinner suggestion sounds like someone opened the fridge and threw a bunch of things onto the counter and called it dinner. Let me know if anyone tries it..

 

I love bagpipes. In Idaho we had pipers down at our college that played by Lake Coeur d'Alene.

Have been blessed with attending the Edinburgh Military Tattoo twice in recent years.

 

Bagpipe Runners | joe-ks.com

 

I talked with my sister last night. No one is going anywhere for Thanksgiving or Christmas. She just had her big, big, outdoor patio outfitted with heating units, a fireplace, TV and lots of seating to spread out, but still does not want to take any chances. Good for her.

 

Praying for all those on Roy's list. Thanks for adding me. Got the call that I have osteoporosis and have been referred to endocrinologist. Have my yearly check up today and will discuss it further. 

 

Everyone please hold on and don't give up. Continue following protocol and protect yourself and loved ones. Praying for our nation, a confirmed president and hoping the vaccines are successful. I told Allen we should just turn from the news and watch the old I Love Lucy and Andy Griffith shows. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Thanks for adding me. Got the call that I have osteoporosis and have been referred to endocrinologist. Have my yearly check up today and will discuss it further. 


Joy, NO! Hugs & prayers winging their way to you.❤️

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

At the cost of how many MILLIONS of lives and long time or permanent disabilities?  If everybody follows simple precautions we can keep most things open safely for the months until a vaccine provides another solution.

 

Roy

 

 

 

Exactly 😄 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Rich. A great group of quotes, drinks and of course the reason we started coming here in the first place.. Our maps!

 

Love to my sisters Deeni and Ann..Roy, summer, Hflors and Jacqui.. thanks for your contributions.

 

Goodness, the dinner suggestion sounds like someone opened the fridge and threw a bunch of things onto the counter and called it dinner. Let me know if anyone tries it..

 

I love bagpipes. In Idaho we had pipers down at our college that played by Lake Coeur d'Alene.

Have been blessed with attending the Edinburgh Military Tattoo twice in recent years.

 

Bagpipe Runners | joe-ks.com

 

I talked with my sister last night. No one is going anywhere for Thanksgiving or Christmas. She just had her big, big, outdoor patio outfitted with heating units, a fireplace, TV and lots of seating to spread out, but still does not want to take any chances. Good for her.

 

Praying for all those on Roy's list. Thanks for adding me. Got the call that I have osteoporosis and have been referred to endocrinologist. Have my yearly check up today and will discuss it further. 

 

Everyone please hold on and don't give up. Continue following protocol and protect yourself and loved ones. Praying for our nation, a confirmed president and hoping the vaccines are successful. I told Allen we should just turn from the news and watch the old I Love Lucy and Andy Griffith shows. 

 

 

We have made a conscious effort to watch and read less news and it does help your frame of mind.  I get so irritated at the stupidity of so many that the less I focus on it the better.  Currently I am rewatching all three seasons of the original Star Trek.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning all.  An interesting collection of days.  I think I only ever bet once on a horse race, of course I was not a winner.  Lots of chicken recipes over the past couple of days.  Will we ever see grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup?  Today DH and I are off to buy greenery to decorate our flower urns.  I have 8 pots lined up, 5 for us, 1 for our neighbour and 2 for DD.  Thanks to Rich for his efforts and to Roy for his lists, the care is is getting longer.  My best to those on the care list, get well soon!  A shout out to the those celebrating.  Have a great day everyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

We have made a conscious effort to watch and read less news and it does help your frame of mind.  I get so irritated at the stupidity of so many that the less I focus on it the better.  Currently I am rewatching all three seasons of the original Star Trek.

For me it's Hallmark and the hours of various zoo progams I've taped over the last few months.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, summer slope said:

For me it's Hallmark and the hours of various zoo progams I've taped over the last few months.

Sounds good, we also find some good shows on the Smithsonian channel.  Watched an upbeat one about extinction events a few days ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hflors said:

... The dr's office said they don't have their patients retested to make sure you are negative after two weeks, if you don't have any symptoms they just "assume" you are fine!!!   I guess this is why our local station here doesn't report on how many cases have recovered!   There is no record.   Oh well, just to be cautious we have cancelled our Thanksgiving dinner and most likely Christmas also.  Maybe next year!!


 

The PCR test can remain positive for weeks (sometimes 7-12) because it looks for particles of the virus. Those pieces of “dead” virus may persist long after they are infectious.


https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/testing-overview.html

 

From CDC document:

...”

Revisions made on July 17, 2020

  • Except for rare situations, a test-based strategy is no longer recommended to determine when an individual with a SARS-CoV-2 infection is no longer infectious (i.e., to discontinue Transmission-Based Precautions or home isolation)”

Generally, Iso can end when there has been no fever for at least 24 hours AND improvement in symptoms AND it has been at least 10 days since onset.

 

”Recovery data”, (at least where I retired from,) was being collected via phone call to people who had been cases, to update history. Those calls could be months later. Many people did not want to participate.

Edited by TiogaCruiser
Link to post
Share on other sites

     We are having our kitchen redone. Because we have an open floor plan, all the furniture is pushed and covered to one side including the TV. 

    I actually feel better because I do not listen to all that stuff, although I do miss the Hallmark channel.

    

Link to post
Share on other sites

image.jpeg.9a97c1044434a9de7b7c005690df8a49.jpeg
🌺Good morning Roy.

This is what we need today. Our first new day. Remember how I told you how I always loved your sunrise and sunset pictures? The reason my mom before she passed said to me I will always be with you everyday! Just look to the sunrise and sunsets! 🙏 Thank you

42 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Got the call that I have osteoporosis and have been referred to endocrinologist. Have my yearly check up today and will discuss it further. 

🌺🌺My dear sister! Your endocrinologist will be your guide and so many wonderful drugs are out there now!

I am happy you are in good hands dear sister. ❤️ You!!

🌺Rich appreciate The Daily so much!!

Love  the quote for the day too!!

I have to agree with my sister Joy! Dinner 

reminds me of the American artist Pollock’s paintings where he throws paint on a canvas! LOL. 
🌺Ann your wine description sounds good. I am not one for reds but this one I would try if price wasn’t so high! Hope you are doing well sis!

🌺Summer hope you and your family are doing well! Thank you also for our cocktails for the day. This is my favorite !

Gin and Tonic with Bombay Blue Sapphire! So enjoy in the summer👍
🌺🌺🌺

May everyone have a great day!

Stay Strong 

Stay Safe

Denise😊

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning, all.  I also love a Gin & Tonic, and I agree about watching Andy Griffith.  I could watch the really old ones over and over and over.  One of my favorites is when Aunt Bee wouldn't "call the man" after she bought all that meat and her freezer was on the blink!

 

We are getting ready to put all our Christmas lights and decorations outside this weekend so we can light everything up Thanksgiving evening.  We live on a very visible corner, and we have already had friends and neighbors asking about our displays, because everyone needs something cheerful these days.

 

I have ordered Christmas masks with little Santa, trees, reindeer, and other festive creatures, and we will not go anyplace special, but we will wear them to the grocery store and wherever we go.  

 

Take good care everyone, and stay kind.

Cindy

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Goodness, the dinner suggestion sounds like someone opened the fridge and threw a bunch of things onto the counter and called it dinner. Let me know if anyone tries it..

 

 Got the call that I have osteoporosis and have been referred to endocrinologist. Have my yearly check up today and will discuss it further. 

 

Joy so sorry about the osteoporosis.  
 

The meal suggestion and your description reminds me of a good cruising friend’s occasional dinner.  He calls it a Corn Dinner which means clean out the refrigerator night.  I realized we have tried it and it can be a good dinner most times.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning,  thanks Rich, Roy and all who make this a special place. 
@Seasick Sailor sorry to hear this,   But with meds it can be sometimes reversed or at least halted.   I went from osteopenia to osteoporosis and back again fortunately.  Hope it goes well for you.  
 

I love bagpipes, DH was a drummer in a pipe band. 
 

good news about these vaccines,  I think results are coming about the Oxford trials today.  

Time to get our ducks in a row to get this year behind us!  

C248A9B8-6B09-4E43-A511-BC1589C3BFF2.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ger_77 said:

@cat shepardI had forgotten about Paul McCartney's Mull of Kintyre; I do like that one! 

 

Who knew that the late Glenn Campbell could also play bagpipes?  A friend actually sent the link to us last night, so I thought I'd share it here.  I've never seen anyone sing, blow up the bagpipe, sing, and then play the bagpipe without any hesitation - he was truly a musical master.
 

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

What a great start to the day! Love Glen Campbell! Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheKingD said:

 I agree about watching Andy Griffith.  I could watch the really old ones over and over and over.  One of my favorites is when Aunt Bee wouldn't "call the man" after she bought all that meat and her freezer was on the blink!

 

Cindy,

My favorite was when Aunt B made a huge batch of pickles and they were really horrible. So someone came up with the idea to replace them with market pickles. When Aunt B saw so many people liking them she decided to make her pickles for the county fair!!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

 

Cindy,

My favorite was when Aunt B made a huge batch of pickles and they were really horrible. So someone came up with the idea to replace them with market pickles. When Aunt B saw so many people liking them she decided to make her pickles for the county fair!!

 

I saw that one just last night.

 

Roy

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another rough day in Maryland.  We really did have pretty much a respite this summer but are now solidly in our second wave.  In the first wave our highest daily total was 1784 new cases, but today we had 2910.  I think we are doing better treating people than we were then; if not our hospitals would be seriously overrun.  I don't think we are using a tent behind our hospital and it will have additional beds but not sure where the staff for them would be found.  I got my second Shingles shot today and hope any side effects will be over by Thanksgiving.  In the meantime I have a dental appointment December 2.  I'm trying to be optimistic that they will be able to do it.

 

Roy

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...