INCLUDED SHORE EXCURSIONS AND ROUNDTRIP AIR: SILVERSEA CRUISES BECOMES MORE ALL-INCLUSIVE THAN EVER

les37b

7 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

There was a Feb. 14, 2022, Singapore to Mumbai, 18-day, Silver Moon, sailing that we have been seriously considering.  BUT, we are not sure for my wife that the level of health conditions in India, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, etc., inspire her “highest confidence” as to what will be their future levels of vaccine usage/treatment, etc., by that time.  Trying to do this trip at that time in these areas might not very practical, reasonable and safe in her mind.  She's a Registered Nurse and has some immune issues requiring careful attention.

Stumblefoot and DW are on this voyage, as well as Dr Ron and Rojann, so hope you and your wife will join us TLCOhio.  It's going to be a great voyage!  Plus, being able to spend the weekend in the Singapore prior to boarding the beautiful new ship on Valentines Day is a real treat in my mind.  This particular voyage seems to be a perfect fit for the new SALT concept too.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Stumblefoot and DW are on this voyage, as well as Dr Ron and Rojann, so hope you and your wife will join us TLCOhio.  It's going to be a great voyage!  Plus, being able to spend the weekend in the Singapore prior to boarding the beautiful new ship on Valentines Day is a real treat in my mind.  This particular voyage seems to be a perfect fit for the new SALT concept too.

And Indochine!  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

YES!  YES!!!  Super agree that this Feb. 14, 2022, Singapore to Mumbai, sailing is going to be a "GREAT VOYAGE!"  And, with Stumblefoot, Dr. Ron, etc., etc., on board that would make it so much more fun, hyper interesting and exciting.  

Personally, as I noted earlier, I was ready to book it right now.  BUT, my wife has some legitimate concerns, questions and issues.  Need to listen to your wife, especially when she has medical background and experience??!!  Maybe things will change and the overall world-wide situations will become clearer and better by late Spring or Summer?  Will be watching and monitoring during the coming months.    

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 240,865 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

• Like 1

Well we are new cruisers, or at least we are trying to be having had 3 cancelled so far this year. This new offer from Silversea of the inclusive excursions has certainly encouraged us to look seriously at the itineraries. Our 3 cancelled cruises are with another luxury company and the excursions we had booked added a considerable amount to the cost, which we accepted, but having looked at Silversea prices (we had checked them before, but maybe not closely!) they look comparable to other companies. Our gripe is the fact that they have a couple of restaurants you have to pay extra for .... think on a luxury ship they should all be included, even if there was a restriction as to the number of times you can visit. 

14 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

Looking at Japan for 2022 and 2023.  Same basic itinerary, same air credit without air ($1250pp).  Guess they value the excursions at $990pp.

Interesting analysis.  Some of the price increase may, of course, be due to inflation, exchange rates, etc.  But if we set that aside, it would appear that they value the excursions at $110 pp (or $220 for a couple) per day during which excursions are offered.  (Excursion are offered only nine of the 14 days.)  Even in pricey Japan, $220 can buy a lot of independent exploration.

1 hour ago, HPfoodie said:

Our gripe is the fact that they have a couple of restaurants you have to pay extra for

Understood HPf.  We have only cruised twice, both times on Silversea, we found the food in the included restaurants superb.  Hope you have a chance to peruse some of the menus that have been posted.  If you have difficulty finding them, the folks here will help!