Jump to content

Final Payment


MGO2686
 Share

Recommended Posts

What happens if I do not pay my final payment by the date listed? I have tried to call Carnival and cannot get though to someone (does anyone have an e-mail address I can try?). I desperately need an extension of my due date, which is Nov 22. Will they cancel my reservation and refund the deposit? Or keep the deposit and cancel the reservation? I am reading mixed answers on it. I'm on Mardi Gras Feb 20 sailing.

Edited by MGO2686
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why can’t you reach them? No answer? Long wait?

 

There is a good chance your cruise will be cancelled, but you need to make the decision to either cancel yourself or make final payment. If they don’t hear from you, they will cancel your reservation, and you could possible lose all or partial deposit.
I’m not sure how successful you will be with extending final payment, but you really need to speak on phone. I doubt email would get a quick response.

 

I would keep calling, and wait on hold if you have to.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

Why can’t you reach them? No answer? Long wait?

 

There is a good chance your cruise will be cancelled, but you need to make the decision to either cancel yourself or make final payment. If they don’t hear from you, they will cancel your reservation, and you could possible lose all or partial deposit.
I’m not sure how successful you will be with extending final payment, but you really need to speak on phone. I doubt email would get a quick response.

 

I would keep calling, and wait on hold if you have to.

Good advice. I would add this is just another reason to have a Travel Agent. Instead of you waiting and waiting and waiting and then giving up on the phone call, you let the TA contact them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kicia said:

Was the penalty period extended too or just the final payment date? I thought Carnival still kept the original cancellation policy even if the final payment was extended. 

That is something to check. We had a Princess cruise that we cancelled when we realized it could not possibly not be cancelled. We knew they had extended the date of the final payment, but later found out after cancelling that there was a $100 penalty if final payment was made in the 30 day period between the original and changed final payment date.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was booked on the Feb 13th 2020 Mardi Gras sailing. I was in the same boat (ha) a couple weeks ago - coming up on the final payment and wondering if I should gamble and see if it was cancelled. In the end, I just changed to a 2021 sailing. There was no "penalty" for changing my booking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, MGO2686 said:

Thank you all. I finally got through today and got 2.5 week extension 

Lol chances are good you still have to make final payment before they cancel your cruise, and you lose you deposit.

 

When you called did you ask about moving the date of the sailing to later?

Edited by firefly333
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got a email from Carnival about a Dec 13 final payment.

 

"Payment needs to be in our office by 12/13/2020 or unfortunately, the booking will be automatically cancelled. And, because the sailing date is around the corner, customary penalties will be assessed."

 

I will just cancel before then.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/19/2020 at 11:39 AM, MGO2686 said:

What happens if I do not pay my final payment by the date listed? I have tried to call Carnival and cannot get though to someone (does anyone have an e-mail address I can try?). I desperately need an extension of my due date, which is Nov 22. Will they cancel my reservation and refund the deposit? Or keep the deposit and cancel the reservation? I am reading mixed answers on it. I'm on Mardi Gras Feb 20 sailing.

You should call them and ask to reschedule for a later date.  Most of the cruise lines will let you do that without penalty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have called carnival and they gave me until 30 days prior to sailing to make final payment. I am on the Glory March 14th and i do not feel optimistic that it will happen. My final payment is due December 14th. I will simply call that day and ask for extension considering there is nothing sating it will or wont sail; 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am struggling with this right now.. We have a Vista cruise set for 2/27 out of Galveston, and I am real close to sure it won't be sailing -- but no guarantees of course until Carnival makes that call. Even though they have said that Galveston is #3 on the list of re-start ports, I just really don't see it happening... Especially after the Port of Galveston wharves board released their 2021 budget a couple days ago showing no cruise revenue through the 1st quarter.

 

But even if by some miracle the 2/27 cruise happens, we still won't be able to go for a number of reasons. We absolutely want to rebook though, and already know exactly which cruise we want to flip it to. Our final payment date was 11/29 but our PVP was able to get it extended to 12/13. I just have no idea what to do at that point.. After final payment, you can't just change the date, right? Best case scenario is that Carnival cancels before then and we happily rebook with our new OBC to look forward to. But if we wait and cancel ourselves on the 13th and then Carnival turns around and cancels the cruise on the 14th, we're only out the OBC that wasn't ours but honestly, I will be super pissed.

 

Still don't know what to do. =/  Just waiting to see what happens between now and the 13th I guess.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, wolft927 said:

I have called carnival and they gave me until 30 days prior to sailing to make final payment. I am on the Glory March 14th and i do not feel optimistic that it will happen. My final payment is due December 14th. I will simply call that day and ask for extension considering there is nothing sating it will or wont sail; 

Glad to hear that.  Will call before my final payment is due  for my 3/21 cruise and ask for extension.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/26/2020 at 6:59 AM, pe4all said:

Glad to hear that.  Will call before my final payment is due  for my 3/21 cruise and ask for extension.

Hey there !

 

Were they able to do that for you as well? I might give that a try to kick the final payment for my 3/6 sailing down the road a bit - currently ~$4k due next Sunday. Any idea if (you did get the final payment extended) you'd still be eligible for the OBC in the event that they cancel the sailing - but you have not made final payment at that point?

 

Tom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Hey there !

 

Were they able to do that for you as well? I might give that a try to kick the final payment for my 3/6 sailing down the road a bit - currently ~$4k due next Sunday. Any idea if (you did get the final payment extended) you'd still be eligible for the OBC in the event that they cancel the sailing - but you have not made final payment at that point?

 

Tom

Will try calling my pvp on Monday to see if they will push final payment down the road.  Unfortunately I am not confident that cruising will resume in March at this point.  I do think we would still be eligible for the obc if they cancel the cruise - whether final payment was made or not.  For the 2 cruises that CCL cancelled on me final payment was not made, and the obc was transferred without any issue.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, pe4all said:

Will try calling my pvp on Monday to see if they will push final payment down the road.  Unfortunately I am not confident that cruising will resume in March at this point.  I do think we would still be eligible for the obc if they cancel the cruise - whether final payment was made or not.  For the 2 cruises that CCL cancelled on me final payment was not made, and the obc was transferred without any issue.  

Yes - I'd say February is a lost cause, and March is in the crosshairs.

 

If you could, post back as to what you find out. 🙂

 

Tom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/25/2020 at 11:08 AM, crazy4themouse said:

I am struggling with this right now.. We have a Vista cruise set for 2/27 out of Galveston, and I am real close to sure it won't be sailing -- but no guarantees of course until Carnival makes that call. Even though they have said that Galveston is #3 on the list of re-start ports, I just really don't see it happening... Especially after the Port of Galveston wharves board released their 2021 budget a couple days ago showing no cruise revenue through the 1st quarter.

 

But even if by some miracle the 2/27 cruise happens, we still won't be able to go for a number of reasons. We absolutely want to rebook though, and already know exactly which cruise we want to flip it to. Our final payment date was 11/29 but our PVP was able to get it extended to 12/13. I just have no idea what to do at that point.. After final payment, you can't just change the date, right? Best case scenario is that Carnival cancels before then and we happily rebook with our new OBC to look forward to. But if we wait and cancel ourselves on the 13th and then Carnival turns around and cancels the cruise on the 14th, we're only out the OBC that wasn't ours but honestly, I will be super pissed.

 

Still don't know what to do. =/  Just waiting to see what happens between now and the 13th I guess.

 

 

As of right now they are allowing you to move your cruise 1x with no penalty.  Our Feb 2021 cruise had a final payment date of 11/23/20.  On 11/21 I got ahold of our PVP and moved our cruise (and my Mom's who was booked at the same time) to the same ship/same itinerary Feb 2022 and there were no charges and no penalties.  We didn't get the same cabins (we had Havana Cabanas and had to go to reg balcony rooms) but we will still be on a ship in a year.  Since we moved the cruise out a year it pushed out our final payment date a year also, so we are taking our cruise money and going to Cancun for 5 days this Feb instead 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just wish they'd make their decision on if the February cruises are a go or not.  Final payment is due in a week for us and we have no intentions of going on that cruise.  If we cancel, we stand to lose a lot of money ($463) because we booked at a reduced rate  and paid more afterward.  Unless I'm wrong, if they cancel, we get it all back.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tom -  just back an automated reply from my pvp that she is away.  I will give it a few more days and try again.  As your cruise is 2 weeks before mine, I suspect your final payment is due around Dec. 7th.  It might be worth you just giving a call to CCL or your pvp if you have one and see what they can do.  If you don't get the answer you like, try again.  You may get someone more knowledgeable on the 2nd, or even 3rd try.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, pe4all said:

Tom -  just back an automated reply from my pvp that she is away.  I will give it a few more days and try again.  As your cruise is 2 weeks before mine, I suspect your final payment is due around Dec. 7th.  It might be worth you just giving a call to CCL or your pvp if you have one and see what they can do.  If you don't get the answer you like, try again.  You may get someone more knowledgeable on the 2nd, or even 3rd try.

 

 

Isn't that the truth (call, and call again!).


I don't have a PVP, but I'll give the Diamond desk a call and see if they can work with me. If there's no flexibility, I'll probably go ahead and pay it off, JUST IN CASE the cruise actually sails!  (and I should certainly have had my vaccine by then). 🙂

 

Tom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

I just wish they'd make their decision on if the February cruises are a go or not.  Final payment is due in a week for us and we have no intentions of going on that cruise.  If we cancel, we stand to lose a lot of money ($463) because we booked at a reduced rate  and paid more afterward.  Unless I'm wrong, if they cancel, we get it all back.  

 

I'm right there with you - just make a decision already! We already know we can't go, and seriously, seriously doubt anyone else will be going then either. Between all the hoops they still have to jump through, and cases in Galveston County being up 300% in the past month -- and that's without all the idiots traveling and living their best lives over Thanksgiving -- I just don't see it happening. I'd just rather have them go ahead and cancel so we can happily rebook with the OBC now. They'll still get our money!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...