Jump to content

Europe 2022


loge23
 Share

Recommended Posts

Princess has tweeted that the Europe 2022 season will go on sale on December 2, 2020, which should - should - be a safe booking.

Reminds me of the good ol' Grateful Dead live album, Europe '72 - which will be a whopping 50 years old!!

Think I'll play it onboard!

'....gonna miss me when I'm gone..."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, loge23 said:

Princess has tweeted that the Europe 2022 season will go on sale on December 2, 2020, which should - should - be a safe booking.

Reminds me of the good ol' Grateful Dead live album, Europe '72 - which will be a whopping 50 years old!!

Think I'll play it onboard!

'....gonna miss me when I'm gone..."

 

What a great, great album!!!!

 

Had a girl friend at the time who used to get driven crazy  by the song Jack Straw. She loved the music, but the line "We can share the women, we can share the wine." just drove her crazy.

 

Naturally, I played that all the time.😊

 

But maybe that's why she broke up with me.😢

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Anubi said:

Found this on the We Do Not Speak Its Name website.   The thread has since disappeared.

All (or most, since I'm only reporting on observation, and things can always change) of the listed deployments here can be confirmed via people's tweets about the webinar hosted today by Tony Roberts, VP of Princess UK. Thanks for sharing this with all of us! It really is quite a list of deployments -- of course, we all know what happened with the 2021 schedule after it was released to much fanfare in 2019. Hoping all of the 2022 schedule can go off without a hitch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We had an e mail about 2022 Europe cruises. It gave a link to cruises and dates but didn’t give any prices. We weren’t sure if it was a scam or not. It said exclusive window for Elite on December 1st at 2 pm (UK time) but not much good if we don’t know prices of what we are going for. 
 

Editing, yes the website above is the same. Is that a genuine Princess website?

Edited by amajaa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Again the mediterranean deployment for Princess is a huge let down.  The same itineraries for many years, no new ports, not many ships compared to other companies. Also worried for the future of Pacific Princess which is listed on many port listings but not included in this list. Let's hope 2023 will be better!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Editing, yes the website above is the same. Is that a genuine Princess website?

If you're referring to the file uploaded by that user, don't be afraid of any possible viruses. I'm no expert (waiting for the agents in the CC community to hop on and share any insight), but the PDF looks very real and makes the most logical sense based on predictions some of us have made about the 2022 plans.

 

If you & @Ombud would like to see some of the tweets (am I even allowed to share these anymore idk) I mentioned, check some of these out. I have no link to the webinar, as that was open to only those in the UK.

1) 

 

2) https://twitter.com/Sparkx 

3) https://twitter.com/garybembridge

 

4) https://twitter.com/shipmonk/status/1329444255597785096

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Again the mediterranean deployment for Princess is a huge let down.  The same itineraries for many years, no new ports, not many ships compared to other companies. Also worried for the future of Pacific Princess which is listed on many port listings but not included in this list. Let's hope 2023 will be better!

Totally agree. On one hand, I'm thankful they're trying to reassemble the Med schedule they had been operating before the pandemic. But on the other hand, whatever they had many years ago, including Aegean itineraries and a more diverse array of unique ports, seems to be long gone -- really a shame. Celebrity certainly has them beat, assuming they'll continue to offer as many options as they've had before. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

For Regal Princess, the blank period in 2022 Apr 16-30 is perhaps the drydock schedule (or charter?).

 

If it would be a drydock, it is likely to take place in Marseille, since the previous voyage ends / next voyage starts in Barcelona.

 

Princess typically does not perform Drydock work in Europe, so my guess is perhaps 2 weeks of Charters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

 

Princess typically does not perform Drydock work in Europe, so my guess is perhaps 2 weeks of Charters.

 

It is not common, but had happened before.

 

For example, Royal Princess was in Fincantieri Palermo drydock in 2016 for painting the Seawitch hull art.

https://www.cruisehive.com/royal-princess-first-cruise-ship-show-off-new-livery/14060

 

Regal Princess also entered Hamburg drydock in 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5fFNGX1l1E

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

And one more blank period for Sky Princess (Sep 24 to Oct 19).

Not sure where she will go for these 25 nights.


Could we maybe hope for a dry dock to add Crooners on deck 6 in place of the egregiously large Photo Gallery as well as swapping Ocean Terrace/Bellinis/Good Spirits??  In essence make her more “Enchanted” 😆

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

 Also worried for the future of Pacific Princess which is listed on many port listings but not included in this list.

 

Latest cruise scheduled on the Pacific Princess ends in Tokyo (Yokohama) April 19, 2022.

 

I doubt it would immediately be heading to Europe at that time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

And one more blank period for Sky Princess (Sep 24 to Oct 19).

Not sure where she will go for these 25 nights.

I think this is the 25 night Canada and New England round trip Southampton which was advertised in my email flyer but doesn’t appear in the list of cruises. Quite strange!.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, snoozecrooze said:

If you're referring to the file uploaded by that user, don't be afraid of any possible viruses. I'm no expert (waiting for the agents in the CC community to hop on and share any insight), but the PDF looks very real and makes the most logical sense based on predictions some of us have made about the 2022 plans.

 

 

Thanks. 
 

I was waiting for the new itineraries to come out and had heard it would be November so when the e-mail arrived I wasn’t worried, even though my husband said make sure it’s not a scam. So I clicked into it and did notice a few errors in the list so then thought oh perhaps I shouldn’t have gone into it.  I was going to post the same link when someone asked for it on Social Media but then what with the errors and I noticed lots of people on there were saying oh we have already booked, which is odd because booking doesn’t open till 1st December so either

1) Some Countries get first dibs on booking .  Noticed above also someone  saying November 25th. In which case surely that isn’t fair on the UK 

or 2)  the people saying they have already booked are talking about early 2022 and not the summer. Still doesn’t explain the November 25th comment above.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, amajaa said:

I was waiting for the new itineraries to come out and had heard it would be November so when the e-mail arrived I wasn’t worried, even though my husband said make sure it’s not a scam. So I clicked into it and did notice a few errors in the list so then thought oh perhaps I shouldn’t have gone into it.  I was going to post the same link when someone asked for it on Social Media but then what with the errors and I noticed lots of people on there were saying oh we have already booked, which is odd because booking doesn’t open till 1st December

You're right, there are certainly irregularities that you and a few others have pointed out in some of the itineraries/dates/actual first day of sale/etc and I hope everything works out for you because the unknowns definitely make it harder to sort it all out. 

 

And while I'm excited to see just something new from Princess for its future plans, I've also been reminding myself constantly about how unpredictable the cruise industry has been with its deployments so far and I take inspiration from what someone else summed up so nicely on another forum: "...any info that has been put out [so] far in the future sailings isn't worth the keyboard ink it's written with at this point." So I'm personally continuing to keep my expectations low and use caution before jumping onto any new booking. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, maiseric said:

I think this is the 25 night Canada and New England round trip Southampton which was advertised in my email flyer but doesn’t appear in the list of cruises. Quite strange!.

 

Thank you for solving the mystery and hope this is true. It would be an interesting and rather long itinerary!

Edited by Cruise Wonderland
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I emailed my TA and gave her all the info she needs to book me on the Enchanted Princess for 6/6/2022. Told her to call me when she needs my credit card number. I don't care what it costs and I don't care how bad my husband's bonus sucks. I refuse to have this itinerary beat me. We had it booked for this year and next year and they both got cancelled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...