Onboard credit for Doctors, nurses and first responders

oskidunker

Not sure if this has been posted. Go to Princess.com for link. 

First Responder & Medical Professional Offer

Princess offers free onboard spending money to first responders and medical professionals through November 30, 2020

What's on this page: Get Verified | After You're Verified | Terms & Conditions

Each November we gather to celebrate Thanksgiving, but this year we're spending the whole month focused on what we're grateful for, such as first responders and medical professionals! To thank these brave men and women in the U.S. who work to keep us healthy and safe, Princess is offering up to $250 free onboard spending money* to those who verify by November 30, 2020 and book by December 7, 2020.

This special offer makes an adventure at sea even better, whether you're a loyal Princess guest or new cruiser. The spending money can be used to purchase anything from spa treatments and specialty dining to shore excursions and boutique items.

Up to $250 Free Onboard Spending Money*
Voyage Length
Onboard Credit per Qualified Passenger*
6 days or fewer $50
7 - 13 Days $100
14 Days or Longer $250

*Free onboard spending money is in the form of an onboard credit. It is issued per passenger that is a verified first responder or medical professional. The onboard credit will be issued in the operational currency onboard the vessel and applied to the folio of the first responder or medical professional’s stateroom. For example, a voyage operating in Australia where the onboard currency is Australian Dollars, the onboard credit will be the value shown above in AUD.

Both my husband (podiatrist) and myself (hospital worker) applied on Nov. 4th and were approved instantly.  Said to wait two weeks to be applied to cruise.  Wednesday was two weeks and not yet applied.  Called yesterday and they said to give it a few more days.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Both my husband (podiatrist) and myself (hospital worker) applied on Nov. 4th and were approved instantly.  Said to wait two weeks to be applied to cruise.  Wednesday was two weeks and not yet applied.  Called yesterday and they said to give it a few more days.

Same here. I contacted our TA who called Princess and was told to check back. TA will call again next week. The fine print says it will be attached to the next available booking. I hope they will allow us attach it to our fall 2021 booking rather than the spring one. As I am not sure spring will go, plus the fall one is longer, hence $250 as opposed to $100 OBC. We will see.

FWIW - I applied and was also verified within just a very short few minutes.  Our Cruise Vacation Planner advised that it may take up to the 7th December for the OBC to be posted.  I'll be checking online myself but nice to know our CVP has set a reminder to check himself on the 4th December too.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Bummer! You have to be currently licensed...I'm retired.:classic_sad:

You've read up on this of course, but if you roll the dice and apply, post back and let us know how it went. 

Edited by mtnesterz

3 hours ago, amajaa said:

As good as this offer is it seems grossly unfair that it is just workers in the US. Do Princess value the Medical workers in the UK, Canada. Australia, New Zealand and elsewhere in the World less then? 

It would seem so. It is hard to figure out why that would be so. 

After attending a Princess webinar my understanding this is a trial promotion to see how it works.

The reason it is NOT available to retirees (like the military promo) and first responders from outside the USA is the third party contractor (Sheer ID) is not capable of processing these types of certifications. 

I am sure if it’s is successful during this trial run Princess will hire a third party contractor that is capable of certifying retirees and the employment status of first responders worldwide.  

2 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

How exactly are they verifying people?  I see the form, but are they contacting employers?

After the form they ask you to fax your license (husband) and/or proof of employment such as a pay stub and copy of badge (mine).

24 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

After the form they ask you to fax your license (husband) and/or proof of employment such as a pay stub and copy of badge (mine).

my wife wasn't asked for any of that on 11/4 - just a "Success ! You've been verified" which I printed out

has anyone actually got the credit posted to their account yet ?