Rotterdam interiour design renderings.

6 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Guess I have a different aesthetic than many. I actually like the MDR rendering. However, I think the venues with the purple carpet and orange chairs look extremely dated (e.g., the corridor shot and a dining venue), I feel like I was already there on a Princess ship in the 1990s. And those extremely blue chairs just look cheap....

Not bowled over.

Design taste is very subjective with no right or wrong answers. Many times renderings do not do justice to the finished product and sometimes they actually surpass it.

Keep an open mind until actual photos/videos of the finished vessels are available. You may just change your mind. Then again you may not, and that’s okay too 😊

6 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Design taste is very subjective with no right or wrong answers. Many times renderings do not do justice to the finished product and sometimes they actually surpass it.

Keep an open mind until actual photos/videos of the finished vessels are available. You may just change your mind. Then again you may not, and that’s okay too 😊

It's not anything that would ever keep me from sailing on a line by itself, at any rate. If the food and service are good and I like the itinerary, I can't imagine myself saying "Oh I'd book it except for the purple carpets!" :classic_laugh:

12 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Gotta say, if decor and interior design alone kept me from cruising, I never would have cruised Oosterdam and Zuiderdam.  I found the design mostly hideous.  Still had a good time though.  🙂

But alas, I like where HAL is going.  The fresh new look is really nice, IMO. 

I am no designer but it looks very good to me.  The one drawback is there will be way to many people on board.  I cruised Koningsdam and it was very pretty, but again there were too many people no matter where you went.

On 11/20/2020 at 10:40 AM, Despegue said:

Not sure if this has been posted already, but anyhow...

below are some renderings of the MS. Rotterdam interiours.

As you can see, the main design is the same as her sisters, but with a different colour palette.

What do you think?

also note the Club Orange (??) restaurant rendering and the bar that seems to he occupying the space of the wine-tasting venue on her sisters.

BA818B64-5396-4405-B8D7-EF079A6CFAA4.jpeg

87A9F9BE-AB2A-434F-9C96-810633D3A512.jpeg

CD304FD6-D9B4-4590-8E83-02173B3D3A9F.jpeg

F288C511-C95C-4256-AFEB-F0555BB1F761.jpeg

8C708345-F753-4680-8CF9-3071A1722966.jpeg

I like the renderings very much.  Thank you for sharing them. 

46 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

Gotta say, if decor and interior design alone kept me from cruising, I never would have cruised Oosterdam and Zuiderdam.  I found the design mostly hideous.  Still had a good time though.  🙂

But alas, I like where HAL is going.  The fresh new look is really nice, IMO. 

The Vista Class in general were rather loud and proud wither their color combinations and patterned carpets, fabrics, etc.  Thankfully over multiple dry dock renovations that has mostly been remediated. 

I personally like the renderings and think that if they are indicative of the vessel as a whole that Rotterdam might end up the prettiest of the 3 Pinnacle Class vessels.  My biggest hope is that they choose less bulky and awkward seating for the Lido!

7 minutes ago, Hflors said:

Question for Atlanta cruiser72.  Does the new Rotterdsm have a movie theatre?  One of my "go to" research websires lists that itis does not.

None of the Pinnacle class have a dedicated cinema. They do have a large movie screen by the Lido pool that shows films/sporting events in the evening.  Akin to “Movies under the stars” on Princess.  Additionally they will occasionally show movies in the World Stage during the daytime. All rooms are outfitted with large LCD TVs with free on demand films as well.

Have been on the Koningsdam and NS and really loved those to ships. The rendering of this one looks very nice as well and great Idea to replace Blend by a bar as sometimes you have to wait to be seated in the MDR.  As for the MDR they all look nice on all 3 ships my only complained with t hose type on dinning room is that sometimes they are a bit too noisy and to bright.

Cant wait to cruise again on any ship at this point lol.

Sea ya

Eric

4 hours ago, Aquahound said:

Gotta say, if decor and interior design alone kept me from cruising, I never would have cruised Oosterdam and Zuiderdam.  I found the design mostly hideous

Never sailed on the Oosterdam, but when the Zuiderdam entered service the "bordelo red" decor of the Main Theater was not a decor that I liked.  Maybe it has been changed over the years? I have only had one cruise on Zuiderdam.