Here we go again

Sammi dee

Today I tried to book a cruise with Royal Caribbean, For food and wine experience , the price that was advertised was very appealing. When I phone my TA he told me the prices were much higher and asked me where I saw the price I gave him, I told him it was from an e mail sent to me from his company, he looked on the email and said he had it at a better price than I had, but it was now much higher if I wanted to book  now . I asked  why and he said he would check with his manager and let me know why, he told me he was sorry but royal carribean are doing this all the time advertising one price but you never seem to be able to get it . So don’t feel to sorry for some cruise company’s  

I've never gotten a email from my TA advertising a specific price. If I did I would know the price might have gone up.

I saw a price on quantum OTS for a solo cabin for 639 plus tax. Should have grabbed it, now solo cabins are higher than regular cabins. 

That being said I booked 2 group rates by my TA and both were higher than what I booked for my other 6 bookings ... sigh. Those great prices dont last, gotta act fast. Do the best you can and either book it or not. Book refundable if you think prices might drop?

Or dont book, but those prices they say FROM so and so ... are from different ports than I want. 

Someone posted in my roll call he got a solo balcony for $600 total. I asked when he booked and he said march 2020, when covid first hit. Jealous sure, puts my best deals to shame, but sometimes you just have to decide to do the best you can if you can live with the new higher prices... and yep they seem to be going up.

Edited by firefly333

7 minutes ago, Sammi dee said:

Today I tried to book a cruise with Royal Caribbean, For food and wine experience , the price that was advertised was very appealing. When I phone my TA he told me the prices were much higher and asked me where I saw the price I gave him, I told him it was from an e mail sent to me from his company, he looked on the email and said he had it at a better price than I had, but it was now much higher if I wanted to book  now . I asked  why and he said he would check with his manager and let me know why, he told me he was sorry but royal carribean are doing this all the time advertising one price but you never seem to be able to get it . So don’t feel to sorry for some cruise company’s  

If the e mail was on an e mail that your TA sent then its the TA's screw up not Royals

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Sammi dee said:

Not what we were told but I will check tomorrow thank you , but it not the first time 🙈🙈

If the e mail came from the TA then the TA is responsible for the pricing.  If the e mail came from Royal then Royal is responsible for the pricing...

Anything like that there would be pricing "from" and "subject to availability" or "prices subject to change" somewhere in the fine print

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

You could post the email and would and get more accurate comments as to why... just black out ta name

I would post my thoughts on this thread, but my sensitive feelings would be hurt when you called me mean again.🤣

• Haha 3