Don't give NCL anymore money than you have to.

2 hours ago, kfkolonel said:

I'm not sure I want a future credit with NCL, because I have little interest in cruising with them again.  We will someday use that credit, I suppose, but it will be our last NCL cruise.  This is a shoddy way to treat customers.  Yes, they are in business to make money, but you make money by treating customers right rather than pointing them to the fine print in their contracts.

By you cancelling the cruise, you accepted the FCC. There was no fine print. It was in big, bold print on their website. Everyone had a choice. You had a choice and you made a choice. And based on your choice, you now have FCC to spend on a future cruise. Enjoy!

As the Gambler once said:

You've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,

Know when to walk away, know when to run.
You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table,

There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done.

Secret to survivin' is knowing what to throw away, and knowing what to keep
the best you can hope for is to die in your sleep...

16 hours ago, SteveH2508 said:

Steve

IIRC you still have cruises booked with NCL.

Our Latitude points disappeared eventually (we were on that March Spirit cruise with you from Cape Town), however we do not have any future bookings with NCL and we took the cash refund. Maybe that makes a difference?

HI Steve,

I have 8 booked with NCL and I hope I keep the extra points. I will be half way to Ambassador status and that free cruise. 

I have Africa booked again for November 2021. I hope it sails.

Steve

On 11/27/2020 at 4:49 PM, kfkolonel said:

I'm not sure I want a future credit with NCL, because I have little interest in cruising with them again.  We will someday use that credit, I suppose, but it will be our last NCL cruise.  This is a shoddy way to treat customers.  Yes, they are in business to make money, but you make money by treating customers right rather than pointing them to the fine print in their contracts.

On 11/27/2020 at 7:08 PM, BirdTravels said:

By you cancelling the cruise, you accepted the FCC. There was no fine print. It was in big, bold print on their website. Everyone had a choice. You had a choice and you made a choice. And based on your choice, you now have FCC to spend on a future cruise. Enjoy!

What kfkolnel is referring to was not "in big, bold print ", at least not in  the months leading up to the April cruises being cancelled.

Cruising as an industry has been damaged.  If they want to get people back, adding a year or two onto their CN certificates would be a good way to, at the very least, have people consider coming back on NCL.  

I've got some CNs that are probably going to expire before we would even consider a cruise again.  Add a couple years onto the expiration and they might then be in the window where we are confident in cruising and we'd probably cruise NCL to use the CNs.  If they are expired, NCL has lost their advantage getting me back.

We used our last cruise next certificates up on a September 2021 cruise just days before expiry, we even had a email warning us about expiring.

We are not bothered using NCL after then, our NCL agent is talking of retirement, same with us, we will just grab any last minute offers with any cruise line agency in the future, it doesn’t pay to be loyal.