Help...about cruise certificates

How long does it take to get a cruise certificate and do I or TA get it? My TA first said 5-7 business days, when that passed, I called the TA. TA said showed the cert but said amt showed.....$ 0. So TA called Royal and said they told her 30-45 days before it would be issued and when it got closer would show the 500.00  I'm entitled too. Should I believe her? and again what is the time frame any of you experienced? Thanks for any help.

33 minutes ago, smalltimecruiser100 said:

How long does it take to get a cruise certificate and do I or TA get it? My TA first said 5-7 business days, when that passed, I called the TA. TA said showed the cert but said amt showed.....$ 0. So TA called Royal and said they told her 30-45 days before it would be issued and when it got closer would show the 500.00  I'm entitled too. Should I believe her? and again what is the time frame any of you experienced? Thanks for any help.

Unfortunately it happens occasionally that FCC’s are incorrectly issued with a zero $ amount.  I have had this happen to several clients.  The last one I had like this took just under 30 days for it to be reissued. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately it happens occasionally that FCC’s are incorrectly issued with a zero $ amount.  I have had this happen to several clients.  The last one I had like this took just under 30 days for it to be reissued. 

So it should not show 0? Does the TA have to call to get it reissued with correct amount?

On 11/21/2020 at 7:25 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Correct, it should not show 0.  The TA should call to get it reissued and it will take another 30 days.  

I just checked my balance on cruise credits(obtained cruise cert number from TA) and now shows 250 pp. I double checked that I'm within time frame for applying it to my cruise.

How long before my TA receives the cert?. Don't know how many days ago it changed from 0 to 250.

1 hour ago, smalltimecruiser100 said:

I just checked my balance on cruise credits(obtained cruise cert number from TA) and now shows 250 pp. I double checked that I'm within time frame for applying it to my cruise.

How long before my TA receives the cert?. Don't know how many days ago it changed from 0 to 250.

If you can see it then so can your TA.  Your TA does not need an actual certificate to redeem it...only the original reservation number

I guess FCC only apply to certain line items but they don't make it easy to spot which in the customer invoice.

I booked an early Dec 2021 as my FCC expire 12/31/21 and applied both certs. One used all $450 but the other only took $302 of it. Still, final payment is a whopping $411 so pretty good over all tho' will now have another FCC for $450-302 = 148 issued at some time 🙂

Edited by pspercy

13 minutes ago, pspercy said:

I guess FCC only apply to certain line items but they don't make it easy to spot which in the customer invoice.

I booked an early Dec 2021 as my FCC expire 12/31/21 and applied both certs. One used all $450 but the other only took $302 of it. Still, final payment is a whopping $411 so pretty good over all tho' will now have another FCC for $450-302 = 148 issued at some time 🙂

FCC’s can be applied to cruise fare only.  They cannot be applied to port fees and taxes, prepaid gratuities, insurance, transfers or hotels. 

if there is still unused cruise fare remaining fir guest 1 you should be able call and have the leftover amount from guest 2 applied to the first guest. 

Thanks Ken, that's what I thought, final payment of $263 i.e. using both. However guest 2 rates all over the place with various promotions like BOGO60 so perhaps guest 2's rate was covered by only $302 out of that cert. Maybe I'll call them just for fun !

Thanks, Paul

4 hours ago, pspercy said:

According to RCCL, the FCC is based on 12/31/21 or 12 month from original sailing date whichever is longer.

10 hours ago, pspercy said:

Thanks Ken, that's what I thought, final payment of $263 i.e. using both. However guest 2 rates all over the place with various promotions like BOGO60 so perhaps guest 2's rate was covered by only $302 out of that cert. Maybe I'll call them just for fun !

Thanks, Paul

Called Royal just now, both FCC now applied in full 🙂

• Like 1