Sky Princess cruises out of NY 2021

I am booked on a 14 day Sky Princess cruise NY to Ft. Lauderdale November 6, 2021.  I was so happy that it was after the Nov. 1st cancellation of longer cruises.

Today, when I went to the Princess website to check prices it says "no longer available to book".  Also all the 7 day Canada and NE cruises say the same.  I know that the transatlantic from Southampton to NY was cancelled already.  Does this mean all of the cruises out of NY will also be cancelled?

1 hour ago, EllieinNJ said:

I am booked on a 14 day Sky Princess cruise NY to Ft. Lauderdale November 6, 2021.  I was so happy that it was after the Nov. 1st cancellation of longer cruises.

Today, when I went to the Princess website to check prices it says "no longer available to book".  Also all the 7 day Canada and NE cruises say the same.  I know that the transatlantic from Southampton to NY was cancelled already.  Does this mean all of the cruises out of NY will also be cancelled?

On page 32 of the CDC framework for obtaining a Conditional Sail Order, cruise lines are prohibited from offering any sailings of more than 7 days.  Even though the framework expires at the latest on November 1, 2021, that provision is in effect as of today.  Thus, until that framework expires, the lines are not allowed to offer those longer sailings at all.  You were already booked on your 14 day out of NY so, Princess isn't 'offering' that cruise to you because you already have it booked before the framework came into effect.  They just can't offer the cruise to any new bookings until the framework is either modified or expires.  I would expect barring any untoward developments in our progress against Covid, your 14 day from NY should be able to sail by then.  As far as Canadian cruises, Princess may be waiting to see what Canada does in terms of reopening cruises to Canada but who knows?

That was what I was thinking. I really wanted to sail on Sky Princess. I was booked on it for this month and it got cancelled. When I read they may be cancelling longer cruises, I booked the 7 day as a backup for my Greenland cruise which was cancelled yesterday. 

I was on the Sky transatlantic coming to NYC before the NE season, received the email from my TA this morning, cancelled.  Bummed but this is the way things are going right now. 

I've wanted to sail on the Sky, had the Baltic plus transatlantic for Aug./Sep. this year cancelled, too.  I think I might just face facts and wait until 2022.

Our SKY Princess - 5 day - Thanksgiving cruise leaves in 4 days - got a nice cat BB and with BSE2DG

we are going down the night before and have a high up balcony room at the Hilton Marina - overlooking the cruise port to see our ship come in to the port 

will be our second cruise on the SKY - we were on the little 3 day "US Inaugural" v2.0 last December and really enjoyed the ship and some of the crew that had moved over from the CB - hope they are still there.  Missed Crooners, but enjoyed Vines ... maybe too much ...

20 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Our SKY Princess - 5 day - Thanksgiving cruise leaves in 4 days - got a nice cat BB and with BSE2DG

we are going down the night before and have a high up balcony room at the Hilton Marina - overlooking the cruise port to see our ship come in to the port 

will be our second cruise on the SKY - we were on the little 3 day "US Inaugural" v2.0 last December and really enjoyed the ship and some of the crew that had moved over from the CB - hope they are still there.  Missed Crooners, but enjoyed Vines ... maybe too much ...

Canceled,you aren't going anywhere on a cruise ship..what are you talking about?

We have a 7 night cruise September 25, 2021 booked on the Sky Princess.   I also saw where it now says "Currently Not Available.  I called Princess and was told it still looks as though it is sailing.   So I guess we wait and see what is going to happen.  Maybe a ship change.  

We are also booked on the Sky sailing Oct 16.  The booking is still there but I see it’s showing not available.  The Caribbean Princess sailingsto Quebec seem to be canceled, as they were all over 10 days.  Hoping this is just until they sort out which ship will be doing the NE/Canada voyages.  

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the Princess email today that our booking for the NY to FLL Nov 6th itinerary has been switched from the Sky Princess to Caribbean Princess.  So happy!  Though we were looking forward to the Sky Princess, this is a great itinerary and we got a very good price, so did not want this cruise to cancel like so many others have in the past couple weeks.  Ship change is a little bit of a let down, but fact that the cruise is still going far outweighs any downgrade in ship.

Sure hope this cruise goes as planned.  It's been over a year now of no cruise for us, and still almost a year to go.

Don

On 11/30/2020 at 2:02 PM, Mud_Shark said:

Just got the Princess email today that our booking for the NY to FLL Nov 6th itinerary has been switched from the Sky Princess to Caribbean Princess.  So happy!  Though we were looking forward to the Sky Princess, this is a great itinerary and we got a very good price, so did not want this cruise to cancel like so many others have in the past couple weeks.  Ship change is a little bit of a let down, but fact that the cruise is still going far outweighs any downgrade in ship.

Sure hope this cruise goes as planned.  It's been over a year now of no cruise for us, and still almost a year to go.

Don

Oh well that's a bummer.  I was considering this but NOT on the Caribbean Princess.  I've been on that ship too many times.  I'll just delete this one from my saved cruises.  Thanks for the heads up. 

We were also booked on the NY to FLL Nov 2021 cruise and received the Redeployment email. As we had really wanted to cruise on the Sky Princess and not the Caribbean Princess, I phoned today to re-book. I was told that the original cruise that was supposed to leave from NY was now canceled altogether. We re-booked on a December 2021 cruise on the Sky. 
(It is odd that they haven’t sent cancellation notices of that original cruise. The agent also said that there were no Princess sailings before November 1, 2021.)

1 hour ago, CruiseNYC said:

We were also booked on the NY to FLL Nov 2021 cruise and received the Redeployment email. As we had really wanted to cruise on the Sky Princess and not the Caribbean Princess, I phoned today to re-book. I was told that the original cruise that was supposed to leave from NY was now canceled altogether. We re-booked on a December 2021 cruise on the Sky. 
(It is odd that they haven’t sent cancellation notices of that original cruise. The agent also said that there were no Princess sailings before November 1, 2021.)

Same here...we were looking forward to this cruise...especially sailing on the Sky.  We received the redeployment email from our TA on Monday.  I asked our TA to transfer us to a different cruise also.

i didn’t realize the NYC to FLL was cancelled altogether. Do you mean that the Caribbean Princess won’t be doing that itinerary either?

Edited by mthomp5