No 10 days. How about back-to-back 7 days?

8 hours ago, wallyj said:

Just saw YouTube video posted by a travel agent from Canada saying the updated CDC alert to level 4 requires quarantine after a cruise which essentially will bar B2B sailing. You can not get around by switching cruise lines and the period between cruises appears to be about 7 days! I think it was said if you do not test after cruise, you have to quarantine for 14 days?

To me, what the USA CDC said was more of a suggestion than a requirement.

"If passengers decide to go on cruises, they should get tested three to five days after the trip. Even if they test negative after a trip, cruise ship travelers should stay home for seven days after the trip. "

11 hours ago, wallyj said:

Just saw YouTube video posted by a travel agent from Canada saying the updated CDC alert to level 4 requires quarantine after a cruise which essentially will bar B2B sailing. You can not get around by switching cruise lines and the period between cruises appears to be about 7 days! I think it was said if you do not test after cruise, you have to quarantine for 14 days?

I hope these rules will be amended with vaccination? The posted who said switching to Majestic a few days after would NOT be able to sail and will probably be notified one of their sailings needs to be cancelled.

That guy does not normally deal in facts, just opinions.  I haven't seen anything about a quarantine requirement after cruising, and not sure how this guy thinks the CDC would enforce a quarantine.  Oh, and you get to fly hundreds of miles home and then quarantine?  Where's the logic in that?

2 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

That guy does not normally deal in facts, just opinions.  I haven't seen anything about a quarantine requirement after cruising, and not sure how this guy thinks the CDC would enforce a quarantine.  Oh, and you get to fly hundreds of miles home and then quarantine?  Where's the logic in that?

The joys of sitting on a plane with a bunch of people just off a cruise. 🤧

Another point shared by the YouTuber was as a travel agent he was also notified the Princess booking system will NOT allow B2B bookings now. He was originally booked on the 14 day Alaska roundtrip Vancouver. With the recent cancellation of Princess sailings greater than 7 days, he tried to book  7 day NB Alaska from Vancouver and immediate 7 day SB from Whittier. Princess told him NOW not allowed, and those that may have booked these sailings before new policy will be contacted if they will cancel a segment or both. 

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

Another point shared by the YouTuber was as a travel agent he was also notified the Princess booking system will NOT allow B2B bookings now. He was originally booked on the 14 day Alaska roundtrip Vancouver. With the recent cancellation of Princess sailings greater than 7 days, he tried to book  7 day NB Alaska from Vancouver and immediate 7 day SB from Whittier. Princess told him NOW not allowed, and those that may have booked these sailings before new policy will be contacted if they will cancel a segment or both. 

As far as I can tell this is a temporary stoppage of b2b bookings. My bet is that they will contact those of us who have already booked b2b cruises closer to the final payment date. A b2b cruise in May is a lot more likely to be canceled than one in September