Big Jump in Cruise Price = Bad Sign?

LuCruise

On 11/23/2020 at 8:27 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

We have several sailings booked out of Cape Liberty from March thru Sept 2021 and all of them have gone up.  Some more than double the price.   They dont drop until september/october.  

Empress sailings out of NJ are very expensive!!

We are also on Empress out of NJ in July.  I've noticed our price has almost doubled!  I  really really really want to go on this sailing.  We were able to snag one of the larger ocean view rooms, and I had to use my airline credits to rebook our flight to NJ.  I wont' have a chance to change them again.  If this ship doesn't sail, we'll be stuck with an 8 day trip to NJ.  😞

38 minutes ago, travelinmoma said:

We are also on Empress out of NJ in July.  I've noticed our price has almost doubled!  I  really really really want to go on this sailing.  We were able to snag one of the larger ocean view rooms, and I had to use my airline credits to rebook our flight to NJ.  I wont' have a chance to change them again.  If this ship doesn't sail, we'll be stuck with an 8 day trip to NJ.  😞

This stuck in limbo is the worst part of all of this.   If empress doesnt sail and they dont replace itinerary with another ship there are some beautiful beaches in NJ.  I grew up Spray Beach, LBI. Beautiful island just north of atlantic city.  Maybe back up plan.

Thanks for the encouraging words.  I will check out the beach you mentioned.  I'm a beach gal 100%! We are definitely starting to think about a Plan B.  I think we could rent a car and drive our cruise ship itinerary, so that's a possibility too.  Son and husband are both history buffs, and they have never been to NE.