CELEBRITY are you reading these threads as to how unhappy the customer is??

We have had nothing to complain about. We booked direct with Celebrity for next February to Asia and found a great rep who moved us a year on within days of asking at a saving then moved our cabin when requested. Love that grats are now included because I’m sick of many fellow Brits trying to stiff the crew by stating they have already paid for the holiday, they now have to pay it or don’t cruise. Happy days.

On 11/26/2020 at 11:16 AM, Covepointcruiser said:

There is no question that we have a lot to grumble about with two fully paid cruises hanging out there and a $2K deposit thru thee separate lines.   I have seen no difference in the way Celebrity has handled the Pandemic as all are holding off cancelling cruises until they know they certainly can’t cruise.   The all inclusive change does not impact us as we sail in Suites.   We are happy about the changes to the Retreat as that will cut down on crowded and improve service.

With due respect, if you see no difference in how Celebrity is handling cancellations versus other cruise lines then you have not been paying attention.  How many lines have already cancelled cruises through March 2021?  The answer is several.  Celebrity still is booking cruises in early January, including 10 night cruises which would not be allowed to sail even if by some miracle some cruising starts in January.  Before I lifted and shifted, I had a B2B on Connie in early January, an 11 night and a 10 night.  They have yet to be cancelled if I am not mistaken.  They absolutely, positively, without question have known for some time that those sailings would not occur but they have done nothing. If you look on the website you will see multiple January sailings still being sold, including 10 and 11 night.  Most of these (and all the 10 and 11 night Caribbean) will not sail but they are still selling them.  I think that is unethical.  I don't understand how anyone could consider it otherwise.

How many cruise lines have already cancelled all cruises over 7 nights out of the US for most (or all) of 2021?  The answer again is several.  Celebrity has done nothing other than shift some ships around, cancel reservations, and really p**s off a number of cruisers who were not offered the opportunity to lift and shift those sailings.  And those changes were related to a change in the embarkation port of San Juan, rather than due to the virus. 

I know times are tough, and Celebrity is certainly not to blame for the virus.  But the line is definitely not handling the changes as well as many other lines, and often in ways I consider unethical.

I’m not an unhappy customer. But I’m not a dumb customer either. We prefer X to all other lines but if we don’t feel the value is worth the price, we’ll book elsewhere.  

Having options is a great thing and, if you want something different and X doesn’t provide it, someone out there probably does. 

28 minutes ago, BPCW said:

I’m not an unhappy customer. But I’m not a dumb customer either. We prefer X to all other lines but if we don’t feel the value is worth the price, we’ll book elsewhere.  

Having options is a great thing and, if you want something different and X doesn’t provide it, someone out there probably does. 

In a nutshell, that is what everyone is saying. I prefer gullible to dumb. None of us are dumb but at times we all can be gullible. Of course, I did not write the post, did I?

My group of 5 cabins are some of the unhappy customers.  We were all booked on the April 2022 Edge 10 night cruise.  We were not give an alternative sailing on the Silhouette since there are no April 2022 Silhouette sailings.  We were offered only to rebook at prevailing prices.  The deals we booked onboard in Feb 2020 are gone.  No extra perks, no extra obc.  New prices are much higher.  We’ve been exploring HAL and Norwegian as alternatives.

I'm starting to doubt my Nov. '21 Silhouette cruising.  Sorry for your group...should never happen that way.  I was able to move from 2020 to 2021, identical cruise - different ship.  But just because there is no replacement date for you, an arbitrary decision to charge you prevailing rate for a new cruise is very unfair.  Move it up the food chain...might reconsider at a higher level.

Edited by Oceangoer2
2 hours ago, verizon said:

There are THREE types of cruisers.One like to pays HIGH price, one pays a Reasonable price and another only willing to pay LOW price.

You can say this about cars, homes, appliances, whatever you purchase.  

4 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

With due respect, if you see no difference in how Celebrity is handling cancellations versus other cruise lines then you have not been paying attention.  How many lines have already cancelled cruises through March 2021?  The answer is several.  Celebrity still is booking cruises in early January, including 10 night cruises which would not be allowed to sail even if by some miracle some cruising starts in January.  Before I lifted and shifted, I had a B2B on Connie in early January, an 11 night and a 10 night.  They have yet to be cancelled if I am not mistaken.  They absolutely, positively, without question have known for some time that those sailings would not occur but they have done nothing. If you look on the website you will see multiple January sailings still being sold, including 10 and 11 night.  Most of these (and all the 10 and 11 night Caribbean) will not sail but they are still selling them.  I think that is unethical.  I don't understand how anyone could consider it otherwise.

How many cruise lines have already cancelled all cruises over 7 nights out of the US for most (or all) of 2021?  The answer again is several.  Celebrity has done nothing other than shift some ships around, cancel reservations, and really p**s off a number of cruisers who were not offered the opportunity to lift and shift those sailings.  And those changes were related to a change in the embarkation port of San Juan, rather than due to the virus. 

I know times are tough, and Celebrity is certainly not to blame for the virus.  But the line is definitely not handling the changes as well as many other lines, and often in ways I consider unethical.

With a 10 night cruise booked and fully paid for in January 2021 on the Reflection and seeing Celebrity canceling numerous cruises throughout the rest of 2021 of this length one wonders who makes these scheduling decisions. Neither myself or our TA can get an answer from Celebrity. I'm not even thinking about asking about our transatlantic Reflection cruise in October.

4 minutes ago, buckeyecruisers said:

I'm not even thinking about asking about our transatlantic Reflection cruise in October.

And don't forget--unless they extend it--all FCCs must be used by early May 2022.  And only one can be used on each cruise---no stacking.

3 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

And don't forget--unless they extend it--all FCCs must be used by early May 2022.  And only one can be used on each cruise---no stacking.

Does this mean that if you travel as a couple and both have the FCC, only one of you can use it?

5 hours ago, verizon said:

There are THREE types of cruisers.One like to pays HIGH price, one pays a Reasonable price and another only willing to pay LOW price.

I understand what you mean and will clarify it for you yet there are many other factors I'll touch upon:

1)  HIGH price, for various reasons (family/friends are going and/or timing works for them and/or they love the itinerary), they'll book a stateroom or suite without caring about the price

2)  REASONABLE price, often will only book a stateroom or suite after extensive research

3)  LOW price, attracted to the deal, often will only book during holiday sales and/or last minute; most likely won't book the cruise unless they feel they got a deal.

IMO, here are the 5 most important cruise factors:

1) Joining others, do you have family/friends/group that you'd like to join on the cruise even if it was a CCL Caribbean?

2) Timing/Vacation days including weather/seasons, do you have the ability to be away for this amount of time?

3) Itinerary including Embarkment and Disembarkment locations, do they work for you?  (If you live in Miami, are you willing to pay fly 18 hours to cruse in Singapore?)

4) Stateroom/Suite pricing; do you care about the cost and if so, does the cost, cabin category and expected perks meet your budget expectations?

5)  Cruise line and ship, some may only be loyal to one line yet there's another factor which can be the ship, if X only has an older ship and at the exact same time, RCL has their newest ship with more features, would you still book X?

12 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

7 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Does this mean that if you travel as a couple and both have the FCC, only one of you can use it?

One per person per cruise.

On 11/22/2020 at 10:05 AM, Bo1953 said:

Cheers and bon voyage...

If that does not take care of any unhappiness I may have had with X, then nothing will! LOL...

Agree!  LOVE the Martini Bar!

6 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

IMO, here are the 5 most important cruise factors:

1) Joining others, do you have family/friends/group that you'd like to join on the cruise even if it was a CCL Caribbean?

No, there is nobody I like that much!  😉

7 hours ago, Doubt It said:

Well, the old saying still applies, Cash is King.

Cash in your bank gives you control as to future purchasing decisions.

FCC's nice for the cruise lines.

Cash is King only if you want to erode your future buying power. It may protect the principal but inflation will erode the future dollar value.

On 11/28/2020 at 8:26 AM, yorky said:

We have had nothing to complain about. We booked direct with Celebrity for next February to Asia and found a great rep who moved us a year on within days of asking at a saving then moved our cabin when requested. Love that grats are now included because I’m sick of many fellow Brits trying to stiff the crew by stating they have already paid for the holiday, they now have to pay it or don’t cruise. Happy days.

y - Brits do not have the corner on this habit, there are many Americans who do as well or decide whom they want to stiff or not...

bon voyage

5 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Cash is King only if you want to erode your future buying power. It may protect the principal but inflation will erode the future dollar value.

The FCC's are eroded by inflation also...especially longer term when cruise prices go up and the FCC $$s stay the same....  Cash can be used right away at current value...not all $$s are kept for investment....JMHO

19 hours ago, Fouremco said:

One per person per cruise.

So, if we each ( 2 people ) have a FCC does that mean we can only apply one of them per cruise ?

In other words, we have to take 2 cruises to use them both ?

It would be like having to sit through 2 Ottawa Senators games -- Can't wait for the NHL to re-start so I can spend less time reading the same  " stuff " on different threads.

(  I know, I know , you don't have to tell me, etc etc --- But, it's fun , especially the " Marketing Expert's " posts )

1 minute ago, Pinboy said:

So, if we each ( 2 people ) have a FCC does that mean we can only apply one of them per cruise ?

It would be like having to sit through 2 Ottawa Senators games -- Can't wait for the NHL to re-start so I can spend less time reading the same  " stuff " on different threads.

(  I know, I know , you don't have to tell me, etc etc --- But, it's fun , especially the " Marketing Expert's " posts )

No.  Each of you can apply your FCC to the same cruise.  

But if you each had TWO FCCs, you can't apply both of them to the same cruise.

23 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

One per person per cruise. So two people, each with an FCC, get to use the pair on a single cruise.

You should be so lucky as to go to a couple of Sens' games! 😇

Just now, Fouremco said:

One per person per cruise. So two people, each with an FCC, get to use the pair on a single cruise.

You should be so lucky as to go to a couple of Sens' games! 😇

Thanks about the FCC.

LOL---It must be hard getting tickets to a Sens game where they draw 8000 to a stadium that seats 20,000. 

I'll tell you what's going to be hard ( for us )------ To enjoy a cruise as we have in all our years of cruising.  At this time it's difficult to justify the increase in comparable prices of cancelled cruises ( 40 % increase ), coupled with the many " restrictions " ( too many to mention ) imposed by the cruise lines.