New vaccine

hollyjess

3 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

My parents had their second Pfizer jabs Thursday. Just like me my mum was amazed she didn’t feel anything when the needle went in, not even a scratch but, like me felt it second time! Very odd.

Must be that chip going in 😉

They need that as your arm is scanned at the airport. No need for a vaccine passport.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

My parents had their second Pfizer jabs Thursday. Just like me my mum was amazed she didn’t feel anything when the needle went in, not even a scratch but, like me felt it second time! Very odd.

That sounds very probable.  If any of you feel strangely attracted to 5G masts, you’ll know why!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

The BBC, as with all responsible broadcasters, has consistently reported figures based on fact.  Very unlikely that they got this wrong.

Somebody for it wrong.

image.thumb.png.250b73797c3b9efce288b8620057dfa9.png

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

I think the side effects are grossly overestimated Sue, and Frank has found his third arm very useful😄

Avril

• Haha 2

Moderna Vaccine being rolled out in Wales from today and in Scotland later this week. Expected to begin rollout in England in 3rd week in April. Good news given that the AZ is not now being given to the under 30s due to the blood clotting issue. The trial of the AZ vaccine on those 18 and under has been halted, with just the BioTech Pfizer vaccine continuing in this age group.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/apr/07/patients-in-wales-to-receive-moderna-covid-vaccine

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Moderna Vaccine being rolled out in Wales from today and in Scotland later this week. Expected to begin rollout in England in 3rd week in April. Good news given that the AZ is not now being given to the under 30s due to the blood clotting issue. The trial of the AZ vaccine on those 18 and under has been halted, with just the BioTech Pfizer vaccine continuing in this age group.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/apr/07/patients-in-wales-to-receive-moderna-covid-vaccine

The Oxford/AZ vaccine is still, statistically speaking, likely to be a very safe vaccine, particularly viewed against the higher Covid risks for older people, but the line the UK is now taking confirms the earlier caution by some European countries.

Which does rather give the lie to all that tabloid rubbish about the EU somehow getting revenge on the UK by creating untruths about Oxford/AZ.

Let’s hope we can all work together, not just within Europe but outside. While the virus flourishes in places like Brazil the risk to all of us increases with new variants that will inevitably spread to the UK and may not be controlled by current vaccines without modification.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

The Oxford/AZ vaccine is still, statistically speaking, likely to be a very safe vaccine, particularly viewed against the higher Covid risks for older people, but the line the UK is now taking confirms the earlier caution by some European countries.

Which does rather give the lie to all that tabloid rubbish about the EU somehow getting revenge on the UK by creating untruths about Oxford/AZ.

Let’s hope we can all work together, not just within Europe but outside. While the virus flourishes in places like Brazil the risk to all of us increases with new variants that will inevitably spread to the UK and may not be controlled by current vaccines without modification.

I would not have expected any other reaction from you Harry.😇

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I would not have expected any other reaction from you Harry.😇

Harry must be right. Our European friends halted the AZ jab and left the doses in the fridge to avoid any risk. Just look how the death rate of their citizens is falling, whilst ours are increasing..,........or did I get it wrong again.🤔

Edited by zap99
  • Like 1

It's worth noting that anyone who has had the first AZ  vaccine and has not had 

a blood clot issue (which is very rare risk ,if and when proven) No one having the

second jab has suffered from having clots develop. So I will not worry about my

second jab as I hope others will return for the second jab .

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, kalos said:

a blood clot issue (which is very rare risk ,if and when proven) No one having the

I imagine we'll all be returning for our second AZ jabs, as most of us are at far greater risk from Covid than the clotting issue, which is a tiny risk - lower than the risk involved in a car journey, I believe.

For the under 30s though the risk equation changes, and the other vaccines are, on current knowledge, safer.  So it makes perfect sense to give different vaccines to the under 30s.

Ross Clark commented today in the Spectator after discussing the efficacy of Pfizer and AZ  that: "It will take political courage to admit that the AstraZeneca vaccine is second-best, and should perhaps be phased out as other vaccines become available in substantial quantities. But it is beginning to look as if that might be the most-likely outcome."

Only much later will we find out whether he's right, but we may have backed the wrong horse.

55 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I imagine we'll all be returning for our second AZ jabs, as most of us are at far greater risk from Covid than the clotting issue, which is a tiny risk - lower than the risk involved in a car journey, I believe.

For the under 30s though the risk equation changes, and the other vaccines are, on current knowledge, safer.  So it makes perfect sense to give different vaccines to the under 30s.

Ross Clark commented today in the Spectator after discussing the efficacy of Pfizer and AZ  that: "It will take political courage to admit that the AstraZeneca vaccine is second-best, and should perhaps be phased out as other vaccines become available in substantial quantities. But it is beginning to look as if that might be the most-likely outcome."

Only much later will we find out whether he's right, but we may have backed the wrong horse.

Harry do curb your excited enjoyment that GB might be losing to the EU.  Even if the link is proved I have every confidence that scientists will discover the cause, and be able to eliminate the problem.

Edited by terrierjohn

Putting things into perspective just go and look at any medicines or over the counter drugs you have in your house and read the side effects. Everything has a risk and I think 30 out of over 18 million is a risk worth taking if AZ stops you from the consequences of Coronavirus.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Thank you for the reassurance Kalos, as I will honestly admit to being a little nervous when it was first reported. We had still intended to go for for our 2nd jab regardless, but it was good to read your post.

Avril

• Like 2

Just now, kalos said:

We shall be both attending for our second AZ jab.  

I vaguely remember reading some time back that if Aspirin was put through today's tests, it would fail.  Anyone who disagrees please feel free to put me right if I am wrong.

If I were too scared to have the AZ jab, I wouldn't be able to leave home - I might be swallowed up by a sink-hole.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

Thank you for the reassurance Kalos, as I will honestly admit to being a little nervous when it was first reported. We had still intended to go for for our 2nd jab regardless, but it was good to read your post.

Avril

Scientific rationale determines that if the first AZ dose didn't illicit a response which could cause the immune system to attack itself then the second dose won't, in effect it is a booster. Typically these things would have come out in the assessment stage of clinical trials but for obvious reasons that was not feasible. It is understandable that people will have concerns and it is logical to not use AZ vaccine on the younger age groups with the current data.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

It will also help to reassure my daughter as she has had her first jab the AZ and is in her 30's.