Jump to content

Insure and Go Credit To Be Refunded


Recommended Posts

Our refund of our credit voucher from Insure and Go was paid into our bank a/c overnight. Not bad, I applied for the refund late last Tuesday, so reasonably good service from them seeing as they said it could take a few weeks to be completed.

 

Leigh

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2020 at 11:48 AM, possum52 said:

Our refund of our credit voucher from Insure and Go was paid into our bank a/c overnight. Not bad, I applied for the refund late last Tuesday, so reasonably good service from them seeing as they said it could take a few weeks to be completed.

 

Leigh

 

Was that Tuesday of this week or last week? I applied last Friday and I’m still waiting

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, cruisine21 said:

 

Was that Tuesday of this week or last week? I applied last Friday and I’m still waiting

Tuesday of last week. The refund was paid in over night Tuesday/Wednesday of this week after I applied last Tuesday - it took a week. I would expect at least a week for it to be processed and then through your bank as I would assume there would be many responses to their email.

 

Leigh

Edited by possum52
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Leigh,

 

This is the letter I have just received from Insure & Go:

 

Your refund has been approved, and is being processed.

Please check your nominated bank account within the next 5 to 10 business days.

Please note you will no longer be able to claim under the policy in respect of the period referable to the refunded premium.

If you received a pro-rata refund, you may still be entitled to claim in respect of the balance of the premium not refunded by contacting us via the details below (any claim payment will first be reduced by the refund amount).

If you have any issues please don’t hesitate to contact us at info@insureandgo.com.au.

Regards, The InsureandGo Team

 

Thank you for posting your experience on the Boards, I would never have known to make further approaches after receiving the Credit. - Cash in the bank is much more valuable to us at present.

 

Kind Regards Anne

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2020 at 6:52 PM, possum52 said:

I received an email from Insure and Go late this afternoon which said that if you have a credit with them they will now refund it. With all the uncertainty around re overseas travel we decided to ask for the refund. It will be interesting to see how quickly the refund takes to process and hit our bank.

 

Leigh

We paid for insurance (insure and Go) before the "covid" deadline early Jan 2020 for trip cancelled  for June.

I asked for a policy refund in March, when the Aus Gov told us there was a travel ban.

They flatly refused as we didn't cancel "within the 2 weeks cooling off period". I asked if we could move the dates (a credit) and they said no !( I go no emails saying yes now we could have our policy money returned.)

We decided to make a claim as our TA charged us the $700 commission for our HAL cruise, plus a $50 cancel fee...even though the cruise was cancelled by HAL and there was a travel ban. The insurer wouldn't pay up without a fight and process through disputes department.

 

So, we were out of pocket the policy (about $500) plus excess ($200) . 

Lesson learned, I won't be using a TA again to book a cruise,  as everyone who booked direct got 100% of their money back.

Not sure who i will use as an insurer in the future??? Insure and Go had great reviews pre-covid. Now, no-so-much. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sallyandtex said:

We paid for insurance (insure and Go) before the "covid" deadline early Jan 2020 for trip cancelled  for June.

I asked for a policy refund in March, when the Aus Gov told us there was a travel ban.

They flatly refused as we didn't cancel "within the 2 weeks cooling off period". I asked if we could move the dates (a credit) and they said no !( I go no emails saying yes now we could have our policy money returned.)

We decided to make a claim as our TA charged us the $700 commission for our HAL cruise, plus a $50 cancel fee...even though the cruise was cancelled by HAL and there was a travel ban. The insurer wouldn't pay up without a fight and process through disputes department.

 

So, we were out of pocket the policy (about $500) plus excess ($200) . 

Lesson learned, I won't be using a TA again to book a cruise,  as everyone who booked direct got 100% of their money back.

Not sure who i will use as an insurer in the future??? Insure and Go had great reviews pre-covid. Now, no-so-much. 

We were refused a refund or credit originally by Insure and Go but then took it to their Disputes Dept. They gave us a credit voucher to expire later next year. As I said in my original post we received an email a few weeks ago saying we could now have a refund or keep the credit voucher. We decided to ask for a refund which came through in a week or so. I think we lost about $60 all up on the policy.  We rarely book our travel through a travel agent.

 

Leigh

 

 

 

Edited by possum52
Link to post
Share on other sites

We booked our trip through an Online Travel Company, and took the Insurance out two years ago. Total cost was $2507 as my husband has a pre-existing condition.

Insure & Go withheld $998 to cover their risk before Covid hit and they refunded $1509 (the value of our Credit voucher) within two days.

We were able to recoup all other monies ourselves and made no claims on the Insurance Company.

I feel this is fair and reasonable under the circumstances.

Thank you Leigh for sharing.

Cheers Anne

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...