Jump to content

International Travelers May Need to get Virus Vaccinations


Taters
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, kazu said:

Actually children do get the virus.  It’s proven.  

They don't just get the virus.  They die of the virus.

 

The other big difference between the flu and Covid is that with the flu people pretty much get over it pretty quickly or they die.  I think it's quite rare for flu cases to be either in the hospital long term or have disabilities months after the flu subsides.

 

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  12 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Look at the percentages for covid 19 & then compare them to the ordinary flu  with regards to deaths among younger people  .There simply is no medical evidence that supports   that there are   high numbers of deaths among younger people . It is all about control . Ask yourself a questions ,then why are the big box stores remain open while the politicians shut down small  business ?  

 

I see, so it’s ok that Covid 19 accounts for 3x more deaths than the flu?  And the people that die are not worthy of living?

 

I’m not sure what you call younger people - certainly those in the 40’s and 50’s and younger have been lost way too early here.

 

   Many deaths happened in nursing homes & assisted living  because politicians  made a rule that they had to take in covid patients  .There was a tremendous number of deaths in those nursing & assisted living facilities . The most recent AARP magazine has a huge expose  on this subject  .Those numbers exceed the deaths from the Vietnam war 

 

 People on their 40s & 50s dying of covid are people who have underlying medical conditions & the virus attacks those medical conditions making them worse & then death 

 

 Children unless very ill  to start with are not getting sick from the virus & dying  .but ,there are huge problems for parents & children flunking their studies 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What I do agree to is that there  are careless people who both will not wear masks & will not use social distancing . It is not just here in the USA but people being people it is a world wide issue  .  

 

 Because we are in the  highest levels of  potential death  as seniors with under lying medical conditions we use both masks & shields over masks    in our supper markets or  Costco . I also have a electronic devise called Air Tamer   ;which keeps virus from my nose & mouth. Thus we employ 3 levels of protection against getting covid 19 , We definitely take this virus as being very serious to our senior age group  .Seems to me the careless ones are the younger  beach goer &  bar groupies 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What we do see in many areas of the  United Staes  today are millions of children not getting their education ,2 people working in families to working & now saddled with school children at home & so& parentsme having to give up their jobs  to take care of the children . Thus ,the cure is far worse that this virus that truly does not make children sick   .There have even been reported suicides among teen agers ,increased drug use ie ,Rather  far more serious issues for children  & parents

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Children do get the Virus, they also pass it on to Teachers who pass it on....

"parentsme having to give up their jobs  to take care of the children"

 

School is not for baby sitting...

Parent should take care of their children...

They will get there education...

 

STOP THE POLITICS IN C.C.  This is a thread about International travel and Vaccines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To get through this in the best possible shape, we need to think positive.  We need to encourage the vaccine by word and deed, whenever possible.

Barbara

 

mcrcruiser:  This whole virus situation  is being used as a tool to close the small business  & control by corrupt political  motives  .The real danger is for people like us in the older age brackets with underlying medical conditions .Healthy people can survive this virus just fine .There is no  medical evidence to the contrary ,at all  .Thus ,then why all these  vaccines ?

 

We are also in our 80's, with the good sense to listen to science and learn from the numbers.  We try to ignore the idiots.  So we welcome the vaccines.

Barbara

Edited by bcummin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

What we do see in many areas of the  United Staes  today are millions of children not getting their education ,2 people working in families to working & now saddled with school children at home & so& parentsme having to give up their jobs  to take care of the children . Thus ,the cure is far worse that this virus that truly does not make children sick   .There have even been reported suicides among teen agers ,increased drug use ie ,Rather  far more serious issues for children  & parents

 

Perhaps you should spend some time perusing the Academy of Pediatrics website.

 

https://services.aap.org/en/pages/2019-novel-coronavirus-covid-19-infections/children-and-covid-19-state-level-data-report/

 

1,639,728 cases of children infected that have been reported (of course, there are probably some that haven't been reported)

 

In just the last 2 weeks, the number of children infected with the virus has increased by 23%.

 

Since we do not, at this time, understand the long term effects these children will suffer, I applaud those school districts that know they can't protect their children enough and decide to hold school virtually. 

Edited by seaoma
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bcummin said:
To get through this in the best possible shape, we need to think positive.  We need to encourage the vaccine by word and deed, whenever possible.

Barbara

 

mcrcruiser:  This whole virus situation  is being used as a tool to close the small business  & control by corrupt political  motives  .The real danger is for people like us in the older age brackets with underlying medical conditions .Healthy people can survive this virus just fine .There is no  medical evidence to the contrary ,at all  .Thus ,then why all these  vaccines ?

 

We are also in our 80's, with the good sense to listen to science and learn from the numbers.  We try to ignore the idiots.  So we welcome the vaccines.

Barbara

Barbara  we will wait to see  what additional side effects might come from the vaccines . There are differences in Pfizer's vaccine that it requires extreme cold to Moderna;s vaccine which we understand normal refrigeration .both of these 2 vaccines require 2 shots ,Then the Johnson j Johnson vaccine requires just one shot  . Personally ,I prefer a one shot vaccine  with what I know of the  vccines to date 

 

 Even before we get the vaccine shot ,we will sit down with our  internist /geriatric  doctor to be sure we are able to take the vaccine with out harm  .

 

 I  generally move with extreme caution on any thing this new & quickly to market  .I learned not to jump right in because it is popular to do so . 

  

 The cruise industry will survive based upon it's own business abilities  .  We do hope that it does  ;but ,when you read that the CEO of Carnival corp said they have sufficient cash to carry their lines through the summer ,that does not leave a lot of wiggle room  ,since it could take that long for the greater numbers to accept getting the vaccine /s   . We have  3 cruises booked & I always focus on  cash to deposits   or the what if s does come about .

 

  As a American I just don't like my fellow Americans  going through what is occurring in our country . This is why I am  skeptical  

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, seaoma said:

 

Perhaps you should spend some time perusing the Academy of Pediatrics website.

 

https://services.aap.org/en/pages/2019-novel-coronavirus-covid-19-infections/children-and-covid-19-state-level-data-report/

 

1,639,728 cases of children infected that have been reported (of course, there are probably some that haven't been reported)

 

In just the last 2 weeks, the number of children infected with the virus has increased by 23%.

 

Since we do not, at this time, understand the long term effects these children will suffer, I applaud those school districts that know they can't protect their children enough and decide to hold school virtually. 

Every thing we have heard on national TV did not support children getting ill from covid 19 , what we did hear are the teachers unions pressured the city & state politicians to close the schools  .Then we hear about family problems keeping the children home  & children in large numbers getting depressed &  high numbers with failing grades . Keeping children out of school for  almost one year can cause all kinds of e motional problems  for the children & their parents . Thus ,what is the correct answers ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

This started out as a civil and logical discussion of an important topic. The majority of participants are continuing in that manner. 


But it’s become time to add to the ignore list again.

I am way ahead of you on that!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:
  12 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Look at the percentages for covid 19 & then compare them to the ordinary flu  with regards to deaths among younger people  .There simply is no medical evidence that supports   that there are   high numbers of deaths among younger people . It is all about control . Ask yourself a questions ,then why are the big box stores remain open while the politicians shut down small  business ?  

 

I see, so it’s ok that Covid 19 accounts for 3x more deaths than the flu?  And the people that die are not worthy of living?

 

I’m not sure what you call younger people - certainly those in the 40’s and 50’s and younger have been lost way too early here.

 

   Many deaths happened in nursing homes & assisted living  because politicians  made a rule that they had to take in covid patients  .There was a tremendous number of deaths in those nursing & assisted living facilities . The most recent AARP magazine has a huge expose  on this subject  .Those numbers exceed the deaths from the Vietnam war 

 

 People on their 40s & 50s dying of covid are people who have underlying medical conditions & the virus attacks those medical conditions making them worse & then death 

 

 Children unless very ill  to start with are not getting sick from the virus & dying  .but ,there are huge problems for parents & children flunking their studies 

 

 

 

 

You have gone from asking questions that seemed to come from someone wanting legitimate explanations to spewing every half--baked half-truth that has made this situation so much more difficult to deal with than it needs to be.

 

I really feel sorry for you if you believe that we live in a world that is so full of deceit, dishonesty, evil intentions and greed. 

 

Do you not trust your own doctor? Don't your friends and relatives also trust their doctors? Where are all these untrustworthy doctors coming from -- do you think they spend hundreds of thousands of dollars and go through grueling training just to make a quick buck?  Most of them have serious integrity and credibility. 

 

I have worked in big pharma, and I can tell you there are a huge number of extremely intelligent and very dedicated scientists working there for two main reasons, neither one of which involves greed:  they want to better understand and advance science, and they want to create products that make people healthier.  End of story.

 

Are there a few unscrupulous people in the world -- of course there are. But it has become frighteningly commonplace for people to fixate on the 1 or 2 "bad apples" to the exclusion of all the people who are doing good in this world.

 

I suggest you stop posting wild hare-brained rumors and spend time instead reading source material that doesn't come from FB, your cousin's friend, or media outlets not known for their impartiality.  It would be time much better spent. And perhaps would make you less suspicious of your fellow man.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

 

You have gone from asking questions that seemed to come from someone wanting legitimate explanations to spewing every half--baked half-truth that has made this situation so much more difficult to deal with than it needs to be.

 

I really feel sorry for you if you believe that we live in a world that is so full of deceit, dishonesty, evil intentions and greed. 

 

Do you not trust your own doctor? Don't your friends and relatives also trust their doctors? Where are all these untrustworthy doctors coming from -- do you think they spend hundreds of thousands of dollars and go through grueling training just to make a quick buck?  Most of them have serious integrity and credibility. 

 

I have worked in big pharma, and I can tell you there are a huge number of extremely intelligent and very dedicated scientists working there for two main reasons, neither one of which involves greed:  they want to better understand and advance science, and they want to create products that make people healthier.  End of story.

 

Are there a few unscrupulous people in the world -- of course there are. But it has become frighteningly commonplace for people to fixate on the 1 or 2 "bad apples" to the exclusion of all the people who are doing good in this world.

 

I suggest you stop posting wild hare-brained rumors and spend time instead reading source material that doesn't come from FB, your cousin's friend, or media outlets not known for their impartiality.  It would be time much better spent. And perhaps would make you less suspicious of your fellow man.

 

WOW you really are 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Every thing we have heard on national TV did not support children getting ill from covid 19 , what we did hear are the teachers unions pressured the city & state politicians to close the schools  .Then we hear about family problems keeping the children home  & children in large numbers getting depressed &  high numbers with failing grades . Keeping children out of school for  almost one year can cause all kinds of e motional problems  for the children & their parents . Thus ,what is the correct answers ?

 

Do you worry about the emotional problems those 1 million plus children have who may have infected their classmates, their teachers, their mother, their father, their brother, their sister, their grandmothers, their grandfathers? Do you worry about the emotional problems of those children whose contacts die? 

 

Since you are so worried, what are your solutions?   

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, seaoma said:

 

Do you worry about the emotional problems those 1 million plus children have who may have infected their classmates, their teachers, their mother, their father, their brother, their sister, their grandmothers, their grandfathers? Do you worry about the emotional problems of those children whose contacts die? 

 

Since you are so worried, what are your solutions?   

 

 

 

There are many private schools  that are operating very safely in the US ,Children wear their masks & the  desks have more space between them. where there is a will there is a safe way to do it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

There are many private schools  that are operating very safely in the US ,Children wear their masks & the  desks have more space between them. where there is a will there is a safe way to do it 

 

1 minute ago, mcrcruiser said:

No one needs to get sick in a school setting if proper protocols are followed . 

 

Final answer: I know of private schools in my area that were not able to keep their children safe. 

 

Sorry, but I don't think your responses are worthy of any more of my time. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

This started out as a civil and logical discussion of an important topic. The majority of participants are continuing in that manner. 


But it’s become time to add to the ignore list again.

 

doing the same maybe that will reduce the noise and get this thread back on track

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...