Onboard Vietnam visa $56 or $6 ?

3 hours ago, drsel said:

Celebrity Cruises charged us only $6 for an onboard Vietnam visa; while for the same visa on-board, Princess charges $56 per passenger and $76 if you want to do an overland tour???

When I went with Royal Caribbean there was a price for Australians which was about $6 and a price for Americans which was something like $40.

If you concerned about the mark up of visas by cruises line.... and that they are a small cost in overall cost of a cruise........ maybe don't go to that country or on that cruise.

From myvietnamvisa.com

Vietnam Visa For Cruise Ship Passengers

About 58,000 cruise passengers from America, Australia, Europe and Asia visited Vietnam in 2017. Cruise passengers visiting Vietnam are now granted a loose-leaf visa upon arriving at a Vietnam sea port. The application fee for this visa ranges from US $25 to US $80 depending on the cruise operators you are traveling with.

The last cruise we did that had port stops in Vietnam was on Diamond Princess in 2018. I have a vague recollection that it wasn't as expensive as I expected. I'll see if I can track down the exact amount later - I'm out shopping at the moment.

Paid US$20 visa fee for Vietnam on QM2, Syd-HK 3 yrs ago. Put on your on board a/c. Easy.

As has been said why quibble about a few dollars when you are paying many thousands for a cruise.

safe_image.gif.a1f0d189f2dcddcf654749f20959b890.gifCost depends on nationality too,  I think the OP drsel is from Singapore? So Asian nationals probably pay less than us, neighbours to Vietnam, so to speak.

Time for sailaway, let's get the party started, one year anyway.

Edited by NSWP
1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

For people Information   this is a duplicate post to one on the CC Princess forum at the same time... which somebody answered in detail

I believe drsel is from the US

Don

Thanks young Don.

For people Information   this is a duplicate post to one on the CC Princess forum at the same time... which somebody answered in detail

Don

Thanks Don.  I did wonder at the relevance at this time, with no cruising.  

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Anyway what was relevant prepandemic may not be relevant postpandemic. It may be a whe new ball game.

Exactly....   

the ball might be football shaped instead of round... or even square ..lol.

But that is the thing.... whenever oversea travel starts.... who really knows what the entry requirements each country will have....

as well as who they will let in.....

Don.......   going to the rural victoria in 285 hours  ( but who is counting )

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I just checked and when we did the Diamond repositioning cruise in 2018, which was AUD onboard, it was AU$56pp.

But it may change completely when cruises  restart and include Vietnamese ports again.

I think it was about $45 to $50 when we were on the Diamond repositioning cruise in 2015.

Leigh

12 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I just checked and when we did the Diamond repositioning cruise in 2018, which was AUD onboard, it was AU$56pp.

But it may change completely when cruises  restart and include Vietnamese ports again.

you are right, I think Princess is charging 56 Australian dollars which is much more reasonable.

But Celebrity charged only 6 US dollars, as good as free

17 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Don

I realised I posted in the wrong forum, but I could not delete it.

Anyway, this Princess cruise is sailing from Australia. So they must be charging 56 Australian dollars for the onboard Vietnam visa

18 hours ago, NSWP said:

why quibble about a few dollars when you are paying many thousands for a cruise.

Who pays many thousands for a cruise ?

Certainly not me. I pay many hundreds!

I book cruises at 60 to 85 US dollars per person per night, (including all port fees and taxes, excluding gratuities).

Yes, many such deals are available if you know how to find them.

1 hour ago, drsel said:

I book cruises at 60 to 85 US dollars per person per night, (including all port fees and taxes, excluding gratuities).

You are talking in US dollars of course, as for additional gratuities, sailing on Princess as an Aussie in this region, gratuties are included in cruise fare. If your cruises cost hundreds they must be short ones. How about a 107 day worldie on Coral Princess a mere AU$35,000 pptws or AU$70,000 solo for a good balcony cabin, gratuities included and non negtotiable. We can organise that cruise for you, a handful of cabins left.

Edited by NSWP
2 hours ago, drsel said:

We generally pay $10k for a cruise..... 

if you only pay pay for the cheapest cruise that is fine..

A relation of mine cruises interior cabin.... total on board account at the end is zero......  I say that is nice... but not my idea of cruise holiday...

Most people here Cruise for a holiday and to enjoy themselves....

If cruising is seams  too much .. why not fly economy and back pack to the country of your choice

We generally pay $10k for a cruise..... 

if you only pay pay for the cheapest cruise that is fine..

A relation of mine cruises interior cabin.... total on board account at the end is zero......  I say that is nice... but not my idea of cruise holiday...

Most people here Cruise for a holiday and to enjoy themselves....

If cruising is seams  too much .. why not fly economy and back pack to the country of your choice

Spot on Don, get onboard in a nice balcony cabin or mini suite even and spend up on board and on shore, way to go, SKI.

Edited by NSWP
17 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Spot on Don, get onboard in a nice balcony cabin or mini suite even and spend up on board and on shore, way to go, SKI.

Like anything is this world Les.... It costs money..... as long as one is happy with spending the money on whatever it is OK.....

It is like wanting Champagne on a beer budget.... 

I digress slightly ( I would never do that ....lol )

We were staying at very high end place  fully inclusive  about $2000 per night..... but you had an option to go cheaper $1700   but the difference was  you payed for food and drink at dinner...... We over heard a younger couple  who'd taken the cheaper option .. arguing over the cost of each course on the dinner menu... in the end only having one course each and sharing a dessert and water to drink...

The point   if you are that penny pinching... why are you there ???

It is like sitting on your balcony  without a G&T or a wine because of the cost.

in for a penny, in for a pound........Don

ohhh that right we changed on the 14th of February 1966

Edited by getting older slowly
14 hours ago, NSWP said:

You are talking in US dollars of course, as for additional gratuities, sailing on Princess as an Aussie in this region, gratuties are included in cruise fare. If your cruises cost hundreds they must be short ones. How about a 107 day worldie on Coral Princess a mere AU$35,000 pptws or AU$70,000 solo for a good balcony cabin, gratuities included and non negtotiable. We can organise that cruise for you, a handful of cabins left.

If I was going to commit 107 days of my time and if I could spare so much time, then I would prefer to do 15 different Cruises on 15 different ships.

Different shows, entertainment, activities and food on each of those ships.

Variety is the spice of life!

33 minutes ago, drsel said:

If I was going to commit 107 days of my time and if I could spare so much time, then I would prefer to do 15 different Cruises on 15 different ships.

Different shows, entertainment, activities and food on each of those ships.

Variety is the spice of life!

The thought of packing and unpacking for 15 cruises takes the fun out of it.  The long cruises generally go to places not on the 7 day cruises.  The Sea days in between lets you have time to enjoy the ship’s facilities rather than the port intensive shorter cruises.  Have completed 3 half world cruises and loved every part of it,  Each to their own.

2 hours ago, Gwendy said:

The thought of packing and unpacking for 15 cruises takes the fun out of it.  The long cruises generally go to places not on the 7 day cruises.  The Sea days in between lets you have time to enjoy the ship’s facilities rather than the port intensive shorter cruises.  Have completed 3 half world cruises and loved every part of it,  Each to their own.

we have done a 29 night quarter world Cruise from Venice to Bombay and on at least half the nights there were no shows or entertainment at all