Jump to content

Waiting for a response from Hurtigruten No.


jonikal
 Share

Recommended Posts

A few days ago, we tried to get some info in the hope of making a booking for April 2021 and are wondering how long it takes for someone at Hurtigruten No. to respond? We received the boilerplate response about how due to Covid it takes longer to hear back from them. Would a phone call be more advisable?

Anyone else tried dealing with Tromso since Covid?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m normally getting a response within two to three days when emailing booking@hurtigruten.com. Might take a bit longer due to COVID and the nature of your questions.

 

Do not fully understand your question - please clarify.

23 minutes ago, jonikal said:

Anyone else tried dealing with Tromso since Covid?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hallasm said:

I’m normally getting a response within two to three days when emailing booking@hurtigruten.com. Might take a bit longer due to COVID and the nature of your questions.

 

Do not fully understand your question - please clarify.

 

 

Thought Tromso was where the head-office is located and where No. bookings are handled. Yes, I am aware of Covid slowing things down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 Yes, the head office is in Tromsø. Just my limited understanding of English language.

You can also try this e-mail: port2port@hurtigruten.com (same people answering) might be used less.

Edited by hallasm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I booked our Antarctica trip through the US (in Seattle) office.  BUT - before I called to book I did a mock booking on the Norwegian website and did the NOK to USD conversion.  The Norwegian website was considerably less expensive.  I asked the Seattle office what the downside was to booking directly through the Norwegian site and if he could match the price.  Seattle matched the price and also gave me our 5% discount for being a past sailor.  

 

I actually booked in July for January 2021.  In October (before Hurtigruten canceled the January - March Antarctic cruises) I was able to move our booking to the same week in 2022 and keep the same price, cabin category, etc.

 

Anyway, long story short - it does not hurt to ask Seattle to match the Norwegian price.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Heartfelttraveler said:

I booked our Antarctica trip through the US (in Seattle) office.  BUT - before I called to book I did a mock booking on the Norwegian website and did the NOK to USD conversion.  The Norwegian website was considerably less expensive.  I asked the Seattle office what the downside was to booking directly through the Norwegian site and if he could match the price.  Seattle matched the price and also gave me our 5% discount for being a past sailor.  

 

I actually booked in July for January 2021.  In October (before Hurtigruten canceled the January - March Antarctic cruises) I was able to move our booking to the same week in 2022 and keep the same price, cabin category, etc.

 

Anyway, long story short - it does not hurt to ask Seattle to match the Norwegian price.

Very interesting - thanks for the info!  I am still in the process of making the reservation and did actually hear back from Norway today.  Apparently they don't offer the Black Friday deals, so not sure the price is going to be much different from a US purchase.

 

11 hours ago, comcox said:

Are you trying to book an expedition cruise or the Norway ferry system?  If you are looking at a cruise then the U.S. contact is robert.jones@hurtigruten.com.

Thanks for the info.  This is actually our 5th Hurtigruten expedition that we are trying to book.
Have only done one coastal which was the very first sailing of the Spitzbergen.  Like any first sailing, it was quite an adventure....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today (November 30) we called the the Hurtigruten toll free number to book a June 1, 2022 Iceland expedition cruise.  After a 15 minute wait a Hurtigruten representative came on the line.  He was very helpful, answered our questions and booked our cruise.  He said the all Hurtigruten reps are working remotely and he was working from Tallin, Estonia.  I checked our credit card this evening, and the charge was in US dollars and the payee was Hurtigruten, London, GB.  The invoice he sent had a Seattle return address.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We booked Antarctica for 26 November 2022 on Friday 27 November by phone using 800 number.  Mike spoke to someone with Scottish accent to book and transferred to someone in Estonia to complete the booking for US deposit.  Very efficient with both.  Hertigruten has since sent several emails to follow-up with status of deposit acceptance, on-line registration, etc.  It is a long way off to the cruise, but so far they have demonstrated better customer service than we have seen with many companies.  

 

Mike and Linda - Wedowee, AL USA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...