The Daily for Wednesday Nov 25, 2020

richwmn

today is National Parfait Day, National Family Caregivers Day, and National Jukebox Day

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.
        -- H. L. Mencken

Meal suggestion for today - Baked Garlic Butter Chicken

Drink of the Day - Sangria

Wine of the day - Terra Santa Île de Beauté White vintage 2017

at Sea Mediterranian
Noordam destination Gibraltar eta 11/27

Brest France
Nieuw Statendam

Malta Anchorage
Zuiderdam

Rotterdam - Botlek Shipyard
Westerdam

Panama Anchorage Pacific
Koningsdam

Portland UK
Volendam

Torquay Anchorage
Zaandam

Willemstad
Eurodam
Nieuw Amsterdam
Oosterdam

1125World.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for the Daily, Rich.  Three great days to celebrate with a special salute to our family caregivers.  I love both the quote and the menu suggestion.  My alternative is Classic Caesar Salad, Breaded Lamb Chops, and Pineapple Crisp.  I did not actually choose it but would have on November 5 (2017) if I was in the Prinsendam Dining Room instead of the Pinnacle Grill.

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax with radiation looming

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

Hflors son and daughter both ill with likely covid

Covid personally touching durangoscots, Hflors, StLouisCruisers, and cruisemom42

durangoscots niece’s husband in the ICU

Stressed out and overwhelmed medical workers

RIP Ice bucket challenge co-founder Pat Quinn

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Occasional posters like Obnxshs

Front Line Health Care Workers and support staff

Teachers and school workers

Cruising along starting an intimate Thanksgiving getaway_

Congrats to the new cabinet appointees

Ken Jennings as interim Jepardy host

Roy

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.  Love Peanut Butter Parfaits from Dairy Queen.  Family caregivers should have everyday their day.  And Jukebox day....haven't listened to one of those in years.  Love the quote and the menu.  Lots of chicken lately.

Sangria:

Ingredients. 2 tablespoons sugar. 1 orange, cut into wedges. 1 apple, cored and diced. 1 lemon, cut into wedges. 1/2 cup brandy. 1/2 cup orange juice. 1 bottle dry red wine (like Rioja) Garnish: orange wheel.

We did the ice bucket challenge....RIP Pat Quinn.

Lots of things going on the celebration list.  Prayers for the Care list.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask. 

• Like 16

Good morning, thanks for the Daily.

Great days.  Love the peanut buster parfait from DQ too.  Family Caregivers deserve more than a day.

Love the quote.

Both meal suggestions sound good to me.  Sangria would be nice too.

Looking forward to reading about the wine.

Prayers to  heal the world.

I hope everyone has something to celebrate.

Take care.  Stay safe.

• Like 15

Thanks for the daily!!!  Such a great was to start the day.  I can celebrate all the days especially family caregiver day. 

When my father was sick before his death me and most of my sibling took turns taking care of him.  We did it in one week shifts.  There were supposed to be two of us, but the day before we were to leave my sister backed out so I went by my self.  By the end of my week I was exhausted.  It is a lot of work making sure a person's last days are the best they can be.

Both menu suggestions sound good, but no chicken for us today since we will be having turkey tomorrow!

I LOVE  Sangria. I don't know what is in it except fruit but whatever it is I love!!

A special prayer for our care list.  Still waiting for test results for dd and ds and families.    A big cheer to all on our congrads list!

Today November 25, 1963 President John F. Kennedy was laid to rest. It was a very sad day.  My family and I watched the whole thing on tv that day.

On a happier note on this day in 1783 the last British soldier left New York!!!

Well it is time for me to do my "Thanksgiving Eve" baking!   So I will wish everyone a wonderful day.  Take care snd be safe!!!

Helen

• Like 17

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! A great combo of days to celebrate. Caregivers are always so important, and this year has been 10X more difficult for them. @Gsel, I will be toasting you this evening.

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy!  Morning Dailyites & my Sisters. We have a white wine today! Joy, hope you share pics of your flagstone with us. Deeni, your picture is amazing, thank you for sharing!

Love the quote & meal suggestion. Summer that sangria recipe sounds wonderful.  I am sharing a couple pics of the first Meyer lemon that jumped off my tree last night. It is a bit early, and normally they do not jump off on their own. So I will name this lemon “2020”. I included the second pic to give you a feel for how big this lemon is, the bowl is a large dipping bowl.

4CD98ECB-9C83-450A-A3F1-34B12C33B2D4.jpeg

587D9480-1042-4C73-8F2E-8F5B79258C4C.jpeg

Prayers to all who need our support. Cheers to all we are celebrating. 
Stay well everyone!  

This French wine from Corsica is “racy” & has “zip”. All vintages of this wine have very good ratings & the best part - lots of vendors with prices around $10 a bottle. That way if you can’t find the highlighted vintage, you can just grab one that is available. Makes it very easy to try this one! Not sure if I have ever had a wine from Corsica before. 

#64 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2018

This elegant, well-balanced and racy wine releases aromas of fruit, white flowers and scrubland. The wine is intense and harmonious on the palate.

Enjoy with salads, light pasta dishes or grilled fish.

Blend: 60% Vermentino, 40% Chardonnay

90 - Wine Spectator

A bright and distinctive white, offering lively lemon zest, honeysuckle, quinine and tangerine notes mixed together, with good zip. Drink now.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 18

Thanks for the Daily...

Previous post renewed my desire for a Dark and Stormy so will have another tonight.  The chicken sounds good so will put on list for weekend.  Having leftover meatloaf tonight with potato crowns.

Will spend my morning at our hospital visiting my former staff and then donating blood for the Red Cross.

Best Thanksgiving wishes for the Daily Gang.

• Like 18

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

Great to see a day for Family Caregivers.  They are so crucial.  If my dad were alive he would happily celebrate National Jukebox day.  That was his business originally.

Love the Mencken quote & the meal suggestion sounds delish.  I’ll have to save it for another day though as we just had chicken last night.

Love Sangria.  Would love to have a real one in Spain.  In the summer, I tend to make white sangria for company.  Yes, there is a white sangria 😉 It’s popular in Mexico.

YAY - a white wine today.  Looking forward to Cat’s description of it.

It’s awfully cold here today.  We had really high winds and cold or not, it looks like I have a lot of branches to clean up. 

Watching the news and all the people who were stocking up on toilet paper made me want to post these:

CED0C8D5-890F-4819-94C5-DCD4B368FFCD.jpeg.92f8766741afd643fecbb82eaccf86c6.jpeg

If 2020 was toilet paper 

D7718417-C98E-4470-863E-F8E420F55AB1.thumb.jpeg.fbe31e689adb51e92ca565eb616f30c0.jpeg

Prayers to everyone on Roy’s Care list & for those who need them and a toast to everyone on the Celebratory/Shout Out list.

Have a good Wednesday everyone.  Stay safe and don’t forget your masks 😷 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Beautiful morning to you Rich, Daily-ites, precious sisters Denise and Ann. 

Thank you Rich for the Daily. Ever faithful! Did Cassie help you this morning? (Is that her name??)

When I was growing up my mom had a cafe called Cozy Corner in our little town of Algonquin. We used to play the jukebox all day long. Sometimes my mom would come from behind the counter and dance with one of the customers.

I love anything chicken I think. I really love turkey, but Allen isn't crazy for it, I don't care for ham.. so tomorrow will be ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, sauteed spinach and pecan pie. A perfect 2020 Thanksgiving dinner! 

Ann, as soon as Claudio puts our big pots back on the front porch, I will share a picture of the flagstone.

Prayers for all on Roy's list and cheers tonight for Roy's celebrations. I hope Ken Jennings sticks with Jeopardy. I have enjoyed him over the years. 

Wishing all a happy day. I feel so blessed to see my CC friends each day. Thank you for sharing. Love to all. 

• Like 15

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Bless the family caregivers; we tend to forget about them and their needs when a family member is sick. I haven't had a Peanut Buster Parfait in years, but loved them when I did, and thoroughly enjoy remembering the juke boxes that used to be at every table in the cafe of the small town where I grew up.

I love both menu suggestions, but will leave the lamb chops till I'm on a HAL ship again.  The garlic butter chicken recipe is so simple that it will be going on my "to make" list for the future.  DH has asked for chili, so that'll be going on the stove this morning to cook and simmer most of the day.  Served up with a side of rice and a green salad, that'll be our dinner tonight with leftovers, for sure.  And wine.

Prayers for all who need them and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising our wine glasses tonight to toast all on the celebration list.  Be safe, stay well, wash your hands and wear your mask!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 18

I am a family caregiver. My adult daughter is developmentally and physically challenged. She is the joy of our lives.  I have learned so much more from her than I have given.

On that note, she loves to cruise. Sometimes it is a bit of a challenge but we are so grateful that we can go at all! Where we go, she goes!

With cautious optimism, we booked the Panama Canal cruise with a continuation to Hawaii and Tahiti for 2022.  We are so excited at the possibility of returning to cruising. I was very surprised at the very limited choice of cabins. But we are booked and maybe something will open up, if not, doesnt matter . We will be on the ship!!

• Like 22

image.jpeg.c005d7130bed6e5be05c3d3f4a2b9cbc.jpeg
🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

LOL ANN!!!! Good EARLY MORNING 

TO YOU AND MY DEAR SISTER JOY!!!!

IT IS 5:30 HERE! ARE YOU GUYS SURPRISED I AM UP? LAST MINUTE THINGS I NEED TO DO ESPECIALLY AT MY SEASIDE MARKET. ORDERED MY ORGANIC CHICKEN AND PICKING IT IP AT 7AM😳! NOT WANTING TO BE WITH CROWDS! 🌺JOY, THIS IS A FIRST YEAR IN FOREVER SHAWN ASKED FOR A TRADITIONAL THANKSGIVING! WE WILL HAVE PRIME RIB USUALLY SINCE I AM LIKE ALLEN. I BAKED YESTERDAY PUMPKIN PIE AND AN APPLE PIE. .

😘I GUESS MY SUZEY HOMEMAKER OVEN I TRAINED ON AS A KID PAID OFF!

🌺 ANN THAT MEYERS  LEMON IS HUGE!!!  THANKS FOR THE WINE DESCRIPTION FOR TODAY!  ❤️LOVE YOU BOTH!!!TOMORROW I WONT BE HERE TO WISH YOU BOTH A SAFE AND WONDERFUL THANKS GIVING! 
SO I AM SAYING IT NOW TO YOU GUYS!

❤️❤️HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

🦃 

PS Now I can get started on my day!

Denise😊

• Like 12

image.jpeg.6ae0cc90d577e7c483d6e8e3d34082c4.jpeg
To all of my CC family here on The Daily!

God Bless all, stay safe, enjoy the treasures of the day! I will be thinking of all tomorrow. We do have a lot to be thankful for even in these trying times! 
I will toast all tomorrow AND BE GLAD THIS IS THE LAST 2020 THANKSGIVING !! 🌺Roy Thankyou!

🌺Rich Thankyou

🌺Summer Thankyou

🌺TO ALL HERE AS MY FAMILY 

THANKYOU!

Denise😊

• Like 16

9 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

TOMORROW I WONT BE HERE TO WISH YOU BOTH A SAFE AND WONDERFUL THANKS GIVING! 
SO I AM SAYING IT NOW TO YOU GUYS!

❤️❤️HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

🦃

PS Now I can get started on my day!

Denise😊

Have a wonderful holiday with the family! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

I am a family caregiver. My adult daughter is developmentally and physically challenged. She is the joy of our lives.  I have learned so much more from her than I have given.

On that note, she loves to cruise. Sometimes it is a bit of a challenge but we are so grateful that we can go at all! Where we go, she goes!

With cautious optimism, we booked the Panama Canal cruise with a continuation to Hawaii and Tahiti for 2022.  We are so excited at the possibility of returning to cruising. I was very surprised at the very limited choice of cabins. But we are booked and maybe something will open up, if not, doesnt matter . We will be on the ship!!

Which ship?  We are doing a similar sailing in early 2022, Zuiderdam to San Diego and then a double Hawaii/Tahiti, one on the Koningsdam, one on the Zuiderdam.  

• Like 3