Disappointing Princess

hi all. Just tried to book a cruise under Princess' Black Friday sale. When you choose a balcony cabin or above it shows a price, however when you proceed to the next page, price goes up by over $500per person. Rang to enquire and they couldn't explain it! Wouldn't escalate to IT dept as they are "in the US". For an industry that needs to improve its credibility its not doing too good.

40 minutes ago, Bizziecruzer said:

hi all. Just tried to book a cruise under Princess' Black Friday sale. When you choose a balcony cabin or above it shows a price, however when you proceed to the next page, price goes up by over $500per person. Rang to enquire and they couldn't explain it! Wouldn't escalate to IT dept as they are "in the US". For an industry that needs to improve its credibility its not doing too good.

I just had exactly the same problem.  I had a price, really liked it & then click $500 more per person. I tried twice & gave up. I had the black Friday sale email that I went through as well😡

Looms like they've got a software bug and, of course, it's still Thanksgiving Day in the US ie 26th not 27th.

You could try it again after 7pm out time when the west coast of the US has passed midnight.

You could also try calling them again in the hope of getting a more helpful phone rep, and if you need to escalate it ask to speak to their supervisor.

• Like 1

I had the exact same problem. So I did the booking at the higher price, put it on hold, and then phoned them to ask about the price discrepancy. After 50 mins on hold, the helpful aussie fellow at the other end said that they knew about the problem and were forwarding the details to higher ups as the higher price was showing up for them too. He said they would extend my hold until they can get back to me with a yes or no.

So if you still want that cruise, put it on courtesy hold then call Princess. If you can't wait on the phone that long, I would suggest trying email, with details of your booking and including a screen capture of the lower price from the Princess website.

Edited by SinbadThePorter

20 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

I used a different TA to my normal one as they sent me an e mail and we  got the un obscured balcony for the inside price  actually $30pp less than the Princess e mail stated so happy girl here

Big cruise travel agents often take big blocks of cabins, sometimes do a very good deal. Thats why i reckon on Coral 2022 worldies, show just about sold out, but i bet the big agents have a couple of hundred cabins up their sleeve.

34 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

I used a different TA to my normal one as they sent me an e mail and we  got the un obscured balcony for the inside price  actually $30pp less than the Princess e mail stated so happy girl here

I'm having the same issue.  Any hints as to which TA you used? Thanks

Had the same problem.  So I rang and went on hold for 60 minutes then got a very lovely girl I think from Manila.  The price increase on the cruise I was looking at was $1,400 for a solo 13 nighter.  When she tried to bring it up she got a different price but still $400 cheaper than I was seeing when I clicked "Reserve".  She told me to screen shot what I could see and send it to her and she would send it to the Resolution Department.  She seems confident that they will honour it and has promised to follow it through.  I also ended up with $85 OBC which wasn't showing.

The price for a mini was cheaper than final price showing for a balcony and I could book that if I wanted online, which I didn't.  My mobile gave me the prices in USD and seemed to link through to the US website whereas the computer was in AUD.  I checked several cruises and cabins and there were variations between most of them.  Total confusion.

Yes, prices are actually slightly dearer than launch prices now, e.g. $50pp extra for a Plus fare premium balcony on the 6 night Tassie we have booked for Oct.

Judging by the number of unsold cabins on that cruise I think there might be some more price reductions in the future.

Princess are probably scratching their collective heads wondering why sales were so poor in our region. 🤣

With our Black Friday being their Thanksgiving, where the US essentially shuts down for the day, it was the worst possible time to have a software glitch on a sale. Oops!

32 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

"Please explain"  lol  I booked but not mentioned 

It was an offer that came out a few weeks ago to all Captain's Circle members. It only applies to selected cruises though. If you log in and do a dummy booking you'll see the Plus fare is equal to the basic fare, so you get the drinks package and WiFi free. I refared my booking a week or so ago and saved over $200pp on a six night cruise.