Jump to content

Princess VIP Cruise Comp question


MarinerBoy
 Share

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, MarinerBoy said:

 

I dont believe it, i been gambling for years and I havent been a loser. I think most people I talked to were happy with their casino experience and none complained about losing money. Most people I know come out even or a little on top. Sure you have the occasional dip when you blow $100 on slots a day and dont recoup, but majority of the time people win.

 

If no one won no one would go to the casino, if people just lost the value of entertainment isnt enough to lure them back, only if people win will they go back. Thus casinos offer people a chance to make real money, pretty fast too, a portion of my yearly revenue is generated through sports gambling, and casino poker/craps. I learned to master the crap game, I have an incredible throw and I know the bet strategy well, i dont think casinos make money on me, they may make money off others chumps but as far as I am concerned I am the king of the floor when ever I enter the casino.

Well gambling is just that, its taking a risk to get  a reward with the odds against you.

Winning the lottery pays really well, the odds are huge against winning and winning isn't  an absolute pure payout, first the state gets paid.

 

There are things that can be done to minimize odds / reduce risk .

 

A skilled poker player can minimize risk by strategy and win, he can win more against lower skilled players but those are the same people that don't understand odds or chip values in a tournament and make high risk low reward plays and win in spite of themselves, that is gambling, not playing poker.

 

A skilled poker player playing a cash games has a win expectancy of a certain percentage, the rake eats into the win % and increases risk, making the game less profitable. The game gets more profitable the more lower skilled players there are against a highly skilled player. Many skilled players will walk away from a lucky gambler.

 

I never counted cards but won at black jack into my early 40's I could tell you every card that had been played while talking baseball or just chatting and then at some point that memory ability went away. I could win at poker but about 10 years ago I just can't sit and concentrate as long so I don't play much anymore. Knowing what cards were gone just gave me a better chance at what would come next, it doesn't mean it will. I used the same skill playing 7 card stud. 

 

Every game has odds, the way to win at craps is buy and or place bets with true odds when a shooter is rolling numbers, that is the same as trying to time markets.

 

I don't bet sports so if you make money at it congratulations.

 

Most people go to casinos for fun and a chance to win, they don't win consistently. They also go to shows, and go to dinner and enjoy themselves and don't mind dropping a small percentage of their disposable income as entertainment dollars. Very few win playing casino games, betting against the casino over long periods. There is a reason tables have limits. It eliminates the casinos risk againat someone doubling every bet and winning.

 

Enjoy your free cruises, if you don't play in the casino you probably won't get invited back as a comped player unless you shop heavy in the jewellery stores on board.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

All hail the king of the casino, the last of the free cruisers.

Do not question his wisdom, for he is all-knowing.

 

 

Damn, this made me laugh, its so good. Just truly one of the most refreshing boards on this whole site, never a dull moment I always smile when I type and reply to people, its great fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, AlanF65 said:

Well gambling is just that, its taking a risk to get  a reward with the odds against you.

Winning the lottery pays really well, the odds are huge against winning and winning isn't  an absolute pure payout, first the state gets paid.

 

There are things that can be done to minimize odds / reduce risk .

 

A skilled poker player can minimize risk by strategy and win, he can win more against lower skilled players but those are the same people that don't understand odds or chip values in a tournament and make high risk low reward plays and win in spite of themselves, that is gambling, not playing poker.

 

A skilled poker player playing a cash games has a win expectancy of a certain percentage, the rake eats into the win % and increases risk, making the game less profitable. The game gets more profitable the more lower skilled players there are against a highly skilled player. Many skilled players will walk away from a lucky gambler.

 

I never counted cards but won at black jack into my early 40's I could tell you every card that had been played while talking baseball or just chatting and then at some point that memory ability went away. I could win at poker but about 10 years ago I just can't sit and concentrate as long so I don't play much anymore. Knowing what cards were gone just gave me a better chance at what would come next, it doesn't mean it will. I used the same skill playing 7 card stud. 

 

Every game has odds, the way to win at craps is buy and or place bets with true odds when a shooter is rolling numbers, that is the same as trying to time markets.

 

I don't bet sports so if you make money at it congratulations.

 

Most people go to casinos for fun and a chance to win, they don't win consistently. They also go to shows, and go to dinner and enjoy themselves and don't mind dropping a small percentage of their disposable income as entertainment dollars. Very few win playing casino games, betting against the casino over long periods. There is a reason tables have limits. It eliminates the casinos risk againat someone doubling every bet and winning.

 

Enjoy your free cruises, if you don't play in the casino you probably won't get invited back as a comped player unless you shop heavy in the jewellery stores on board.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thank you, quite an insightful depiction and take on the world of gambling for the average Joe, I appreciate the response and the time you took to write it. I have no arguments against it, I accept the statements. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there anyway we can get this asshat banned? He seems to think he's a big shot because he lost a ton of mommy and daddy's money and got comped a couple of cruises. I got comped a cruise on Celebrity for a couple of hundred bucks of play. Even their newest ships qualify for the offer I got. No one is impressed. We've all have a ton of disposable income based on the fact that we are all cruise fanatics. I think he's better suited for the Carnival board.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, fluffybunny22 said:

Is there anyway we can get this asshat banned? He seems to think he's a big shot because he lost a ton of mommy and daddy's money and got comped a couple of cruises. I got comped a cruise on Celebrity for a couple of hundred bucks of play. Even their newest ships qualify for the offer I got. No one is impressed. We've all have a ton of disposable income based on the fact that we are all cruise fanatics. I think he's better suited for the Carnival board.

 

I've been offered free sailings before, even on HAL with whom we've only sailed with once, but our current Princess offers, although not free, seem to be even better than what the "king" has been offered. He stated either here, or on the casino board that Princess plus was not included, and that would cost an additional $40 per day. Well, if you take my 35% discount, and factor in the free play and OBC, my all-in cost per day is $35 per day. Room, board, drinks, wifi and grats. Since the title of king is already taken, and I'm no queen, just call me Jack, or Joker....take your pick.

He's obviously just a kid, probably an only child...reading his other threads he claims to be an expert on many things. There's always the ignore button.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

 

I've been offered free sailings before, even on HAL with whom we've only sailed with once, but our current Princess offers, although not free, seem to be even better than what the "king" has been offered. He stated either here, or on the casino board that Princess plus was not included, and that would cost an additional $40 per day. Well, if you take my 35% discount, and factor in the free play and OBC, my all-in cost per day is $35 per day. Room, board, drinks, wifi and grats. Since the title of king is already taken, and I'm no queen, just call me Jack, or Joker....take your pick.

He's obviously just a kid, probably an only child...reading his other threads he claims to be an expert on many things. There's always the ignore button.

My husband loves to gamble but loves money more than the thrill of gambling so he doesn't play much so the Celebrity offer was our first one. I had to check with him to find out how much he actually gambled because he does it while I'm asleep and he knows better than to wake me up unless he's won enough to cover our shipboard account which is a lot because he also loves the art auctions. If I'm getting a free cruise offer it is truly not an impressive feat. He also works with some high rollers in Vegas. One dude dropped 50k of his winnings on a watch one night. He's not allowed to play with them. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/29/2020 at 7:50 AM, Jadn13 said:

We just booked a few of these as well.


Quick  Tip-   Always  read the fine print because some offers are valid on up to 3 bookings. 🚢

 

Yes the recent offer was good up to 3 cruises

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I booked one of the cruises offered-I booked from the email offering and was asked at the time if I was looking at those or from the snail mail brochure--I had not received the latter and did know the difference. The mailer arrived a couple of days later and it was then I realized I could take three cruises. I handed the brochure to my wife and told her to pick a couple. She did and then I went to look at them on line (Princess site) only to find that most were not being offered-i.e. Canada & New England October 30th on the Sky. I have read that the Caribbean Princess has replaced the Sky but it is not making that cruise anywhere hear the time offered. There were others but I just wondered if others on here had found the same issue?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2020 at 9:52 AM, Daniel A said:

I understood that, but the prohibition is in place now for even offering any cruises of more than 7 days.  It's just the order prohibiting offering expires November 1.  After November 1 they can start selling/offering longer cruises again.

I just booked a ten day out of Fort Lauderdale in December.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...
3 hours ago, dog said:

Anyone else getting these offers recently?

Yes...I have 3 booked all different offers and have additional offers I could take. All include some amount of casino free play, one already included Princess Plus. I paid the $40/day for my other 2. With Princess I had to pay the $200 deposit (returned as OBC) and port/tax. I had to stop myself from booking more because I also received offers from Royal (have 5 booked with them and still have multiple offers available) and MSC (have one booked with them).

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, NRWPA said:

Yes...I have 3 booked all different offers and have additional offers I could take. All include some amount of casino free play, one already included Princess Plus. I paid the $40/day for my other 2. With Princess I had to pay the $200 deposit (returned as OBC) and port/tax. I had to stop myself from booking more because I also received offers from Royal (have 5 booked with them and still have multiple offers available) and MSC (have one booked with them).

Nice,  I am receiving several offers from the other cruise lines . As well 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Received a good offer yesterday, it's not for the VIP events but the offer was for a  Comped Cabin w/Princess Plus.

 

We intend to take full advantage of this promotion and plan on using our Gift Cards for the Deposit 🙂 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

Received a good offer yesterday, it's not for the VIP events but the offer was for a  Comped Cabin w/Princess Plus.

 

We intend to take full advantage of this promotion and plan on using our Gift Cards for the Deposit 🙂 

 

Yes, thanks. Hoping to get an offer soon. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Virgin Voyages. It's Go Time
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...