The Daily for Sunday Nov 29, 2020

richwmn

1 hour ago, durangoscots said:

Pork chops sound great..... particularly with onion and apple. Would sound even better if someone else was doing the cooking.

A bit of sad news.... my niece's husband has passed way from Covid. He leaves behind my niece and a 5 year old daughter. Hopefully no one else will get this terrible disease which is made worse by the isolation.

Susan

Oh.no.  That is so sad.  You have my prayers.

Roy

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Dismomx5 said:

My sister just messaged that my niece-a nurse on the transplant floor at the local hospital-has tested positive for COVID. There was a +ve patient transferred into the unit, so that will affect so many. 😞 My niece is beside herself as she now has to isolate from the family and she is in the process of trying to get ready to move into her first house in the middle of December.

I do hope she is and remains asymptomatic.

Roy

• Like 4

2 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Pork chops sound great..... particularly with onion and apple. Would sound even better if someone else was doing the cooking.

A bit of sad news.... my niece's husband has passed way from Covid. He leaves behind my niece and a 5 year old daughter. Hopefully no one else will get this terrible disease which is made worse by the isolation.

Susan

Susan, I am so sorry. When someone close dies from this terrible disease, it is not just another statistic. My prayers are with you and his entire family.

I believe people have become too comfortable with “recovery rates” without really knowing what they will be dealing with long-term.

• Like 8

🌺Durangoscouts and Dismomx5,

MAY GOD BLESS BOTH OF YOUR FAMILIES DURING THIS TRAGIC TIME!

My heart goes out to all with prayer for your loss Durango scouts.

I am so sorry Dismomx5 may healing happen and through this awful illness  I hope your niece comes through fine.

Denise🙏

Edited by DeeniEncinitas
Addition
  • Like 4

@durangoscotsmy heart breaks for your niece, her family, and all who loved her husband.

@Dismomx5will pray that your niece manages well through all of this.

I had a cruising friend from Virginia contact me to see when we could expect to get snow this year.  I took this photo to show what we have already.  Although we get copious amounts of snow most years, we remain one of the sunniest places in Canada during the winter.

image.jpeg.595291ef97e8709be311a7b592380277.jpeg

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 13

9 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Eurodam is east of Cuba headed north.  The destination shows as "NWPC".  I wonder if she could be headed for the Bahamas or Port Canaveral.

Roy

Maybe the Bahammas or Ft. lauderdale.  That would be a sight for sore eyes.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Before the 'shutdown' of cruising, Eurodam was scheduled for a dry dock in Freeport from November 29th until December 8th.  Is she actually heading for the drydock?

Makes sense.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Susan

Oh, Susan, how sad 😭. I am so very sorry to hear this

So tragic.  Our prayers for you, your niece and your niece’s husband’s family and friends.  Horrific and so very sorry.  ♥️ 

A huge cyber {{{{{{{{ hug}}}}}}}}} to all of you 💗 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Susan

I am so sorry for your loss, so tragic.  Our heart and prayers go out to you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Susan

Oh Susan, I am so sorry for your loss. My heart aches for your niece and her little girl. This is not just an old people’s problem!

Our family Christmas has been cancelled for safety’s sake. However, our nephew’s DW has convinced him that she deserves a normal Christmas. She becomes very distraught when she doesn’t get her way. They are in Alberta, which has become a hot spot and has just gone under Provincial Health Orders. They WILL drive to BC for an early Christmas with my DS and BIL, both in their 70’s and with compromised immune systems. Then they will drive back to their own province to spend Christmas with her family, including elderly relatives.

There are no words.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dismomx5 said:

My sister just messaged that my niece-a nurse on the transplant floor at the local hospital-has tested positive for COVID.

I am so very sorry to hear this.

It bothers me so much when those that are sacrificing themselves to save the rest end up with this cry 😢 

I hope your niece can recover quickly and not have any ill effects 🙏🏻 

Prayers for her and all of your family 💜 

• Like 5

There wasn’t a lesson on earth my mother didn’t sign me up for, including square dancing.   I do like dancing, pork chops not so much.  Wine is good 🍷.  

customers are always right, it is simply a matter of selecting the right customers😉

Peggy’s Cove, HAL cruise with Mom

08CACCF5-1C14-4D31-8DD3-7C1FD3FFE3E0.jpeg

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 12

Thanks to Rich and Roy for their current Daily/Lists. And all the other posters.

I started square dancing very young. The Moose Lodge had dances and I must have been 9 or 10. The one dance I actually had some talent for. 😄 Now with my mobility issues, I won't make it through the first Do-Si-Do without taking a spill. 

Oh to be young again, but right now with unemployment rampant - I'm glad to be retired. 

• Like 8