Shore Excursions

Ferndale Girl

1 hour ago, fluffybunny22 said:

I'm aware of that but the cruise lines like to make it seem like you can only get off if you do their excursions. I had a very hard time convincing my father in law otherwise. Hopefully he will end up believing me before we finally get there in 2022.

Read to him some of the posts on these boards. Better yet, go find the Baltic boards under Europe and read many posts to him. Those by @dogsarefun should be especially helpful.

It has been reported the last few seasons at the port of St. Petersburg that ship's tours are processed through immigration first, then private tours. When we were there a few years ago this wasn't the policy, but it was inferred by the cruise line. Since there is a 2 day port visit it really shouldn't be a big issue. When we were there the 2nd day processing was very quick.

55 minutes ago, skynight said:

It has been reported the last few seasons at the port of St. Petersburg that ship's tours are processed through immigration first, then private tours. When we were there a few years ago this wasn't the policy, but it was inferred by the cruise line. Since there is a 2 day port visit it really shouldn't be a big issue. When we were there the 2nd day processing was very quick.

The ship is cleared at 6:30am I think and the private tour I have planned doesn't start until 9am and it's just the 5 of us going so they won't leave without us.

1 hour ago, skynight said:

The time we were there with Princess, immigration had about 10 immigration booths open. Princess had put signs by all but one of the lines that the line was for Princess tours only leaving only one line for those on private excursions.

Er just got on the shortest line which was one marked for Princess tours. The immigration officers do not care what tour you are on, only that you have the proper papers so there was no problem.

• Like 2