Anybody have any luck watching viking.tv livestream?

OnTheJourney

I really wanted to watch today's episode, but had absolutely no luck. Far worse than rebuffering, it simply doesn't do anything. Got tired of watching the typical spinning arrow. I'll have to catch it later on. Probably the fault of our (often) crappy Verizon internet. Just wondered if anyone else has trouble watching these. 

Very informative program.

If anyone has any questions arising from watching the program on the Bridge, Galley or ECR, I can try to answer, since we received some great tours on the Sun when only 8 of us remained aboard.

• Like 1

I was able to watch this broadcast today,well worth it by the way.

Great tours and loads of detail which should suit all levels of knowledge.

I followed a link on a Viking Facebook post about the broadcast on my apple ipad and then transferred it over to our apple tv to get a full screen version.

Have never managed to do it live though.

3 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Very informative program.

If anyone has any questions arising from watching the program on the Bridge, Galley or ECR, I can try to answer, since we received some great tours on the Sun when only 8 of us remained aboard.

Thank you Andy.  I thought the program was well done and informative. I really liked the galley(s) portion- so clean!  

3 hours ago, JM0115 said:

Thank you Andy.  I thought the program was well done and informative. I really liked the galley(s) portion- so clean!  

Also much smaller than what I expected, but the stations are well laid out. The Chef took the same route as we did on the Sun with Sous Chef Roberto.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 2:19 PM, OnTheJourney said:

I really wanted to watch today's episode, but had absolutely no luck. Far worse than rebuffering, it simply doesn't do anything. Got tired of watching the typical spinning arrow. I'll have to catch it later on. Probably the fault of our (often) crappy Verizon internet. Just wondered if anyone else has trouble watching these. 

They are available after the event also.  We just watched the ships tour. 

• Like 1

Yeah...just watched it also over the past few days. I wish I could have caught it live just to maybe send in a question about the Viking Sky event of last March, since there would still appear to be so many unanswered ones. Very well done presentation. The galley tour, especially, was very thorough. 

On 12/3/2020 at 10:09 AM, Heidi13 said:

some great tours on the Sun when only 8 of us remained aboard.

Man, you guys must have gotten the royal treatment on there!!  Must have been pretty cool in it's own rather (truly) unique way!!  Not so nice in other ways though. 

• Like 1

Captain Knutson(sp?), he of the first world cruise aboard the Sun and various other Viking cruises,  was the host of the presentation you are describing.  At the end, he was answering questions that were sent in and was asked if he would be the master on another Viking world cruise in the near future.  He responded with, "none currently planned", but that he would be leaving in a couple of weeks (just before Christmas) to join the Venus for her sea trials. It would seem that the Venus will be ready to start cruising with fare-paying passengers by the hoped for April 2021 date.

Senior Gators