more entertainment on a trans-Atlantic?

Hi,

We're thinking of booking a 27 night TA on the Legend for Nov of 2021.  We don't need a lot of night time entertainment,  and have cruised on Windstar before, so I know they don't have a lot-lol, but I'm wondering if there would be more than just a little music, or a crew show, on such a long crossing. Thoughts?

Thanks

I can’t speak to this specifically. But on out long itin with many days at sea WS kept us very entertained. We had a Bollywood festival and a cook off on deck among other things. God, I miss cruising with WS, and wonder about their wonderful staff. Nina and Noel, among others, we miss you!!

We have 2 TransAtlantics with WS and one Trans Pacific with WS. We loved them. We were busy. One  Atlantic crossing in addition to the duo and band the we had a very good duo of singers that could do just about anything. Very entertaining on a 14 day journey they sung  4 times as I remember. To Tahiti, 19 days, much of it was passenger inspired in addition to the Spirit’s normal duo. We had day time party crossing the equator, we had a land sighting   party at Ils des Disappointments. We crossed twice on the Atlantic both on the Surf, there was golf, various games, trivia, music in the Compass Rose, guessing games with the crew, special crew dinners, movies, some activities were passenger initiated. Time flew by, fun and serene, social and private. Lots of time for gazing and reading. One night a passenger led star gazing. Perfect voyage. Hope this helps happy sailing. 

Never wanted to do a trans ocean cruise before the pandemic.  Now, it is looking more attractive.  Not thrilled with the possible restrictions of only being allowed to land with a ship excursion.  I like WS excursions. I have taken many and enjoyed them. However, after visiting some ports many times, I like to come and go leisurely. There are many ports that have lovely cafes, beautiful buildings, local markets, and great street life.  Nothing beats wandering in a town, stopping for a drink or lunch, visiting local points of interest or shops, and talking with locals.  If cruising mandates taking a ship excursion to visit a port, my port intensive cruising days will end.  Taking a trans ocean cruise could be a good vacation.  Enjoy all the comforting services on the ship and not worry about exiting in a foreign port.  

• 1 month later...

That is one of the reasons I am SO disappointed that we won't be cruising soon.  I see one of the first cruises that they still have scheduled that ticks so many boxes!!!

Even if cruising starts back up, it seems that you could be limited to a ship, or trying to get a spot on a very limited excursion, which might be like a sightseeing coach, where you do not get to get off and experience anything, for fear of exposure.   I hope and pray that one day this pandemic will be about over!

• 1 month later...

We’ve done four transatlantics on the Windsurf. (Obviously we like them!)

There is no additional evening entertainment on the long cruises. We’ve had a couple of enjoyable nights dancing in the Compass Rose to the duo onboard. Usually just us or

maybe one other couple. We’ve also spent many evenings just chatting and sipping in the Compass Rose with passengers and occasionally crew, sometimes until the wee hours of the morning. 

I’m actually not sure if the band in the lounge continues into the evening as we prefer the duo. 

The best activity day or night, is sitting on deck and watching the ocean go by. 

When you’re done on deck, room service popcorn and a movie usually close out the night for us. 

We've got our eye on Star Breeze for May 2023, assuming it heads from Japan to Alaska or Singapore.  The Transpacific a couple years ago was an excellent deal, $1,600.  With HAL losing ships, many of the exotic TP port stops are gone.