Crystal Cruises Sitting on Refund of more than USD24K For More Than 6 months

KY Lee

We are now in December 2020. Requests for a full refund from two cruises that we had paid to Crystal Cruises (for two pax - one in full, and the other a deposit) were submitted as early as April 2020. To date - our agent based in the USA has checked, and it's been the same old TIRED answer from Crystal Cruises - "We are still processing". 

The delay in the reimbursement of these refunds is now bordering on ridiculous and unacceptable. 

I wrote to their Guest Relations email. After five business days - the BEST they could do was to advise that one of their guest relations coordinators will review the case. Seriously??

We are now past the DEADLINE FOR REVIEW. We ask for immediate action. 

It is of NO CONSEQUENCE to us if Crystal Cruises has already processed tens of millions of dollars of refund. Not as long as my husband and I are still owed more than USD24,000 worth of reimbursements!!

@Tom Wolber - Crystal Cruises' claim of 6-star service, I must say, has totally failed. 

Ms KY LEE

Edited by KY Lee
  • Like 1

Hello Ms. KY LEE.  Welcome to Cruise Critic!  There is a huge thread already in use regarding refunds.   Please click on the link  above to see all the discussions.  I am also waiting for my refund since Crystal cancelled my cruises on April 29, 2020.  Best of luck to you.

~Nancy

Hello and sorry for your frustration.  On the other thread most of the people who have received their refunds appear to have done so through credit card disputes, but for those for whom that is not an option (myself included unfortunately) there have also been some refunds.  I’m still awaiting my refund from my cancellation on April 5 but haven’t given up hope entirely.  I confirmed they are still listed as “pending” as of last week.  Best of luck to you.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

PENDING is not good enough for me!

Here is what I did in February after waiting 6 months past the 90 day period when my refund should have been processed.  Crystal cancelled our cruise in May 2020. Our TA sent numerous emails and even wrote one to Crystal CEO, Jack Anderson.

I opened a dispute with Capital One Visa on 1/29/2021 then I sent a letter with all documentation (TA emails, phone calls and Crystal's responses) to Jack Anderson at the Crystal corporate office. That package was picked up 2/01/2021 and signed for by Jessica Hoppe, general counsel for Crystal Cruises. So far, I have had no response.

However, Capitol One Visa has issued an "adjustment" for the full amount owed to us.They requested all documentation about the refund including the letter of cancellation. I assume they will proceed with their investigation and report back to us at some point.

Here is the corporate address for Crystal: 1501 Biscayne Blvd., Suite 500, Miami, FL 33132

Phone: 786-971-1000

Jack Anderson is still CEO

Jessica Hoppe email: jhoppe@crystalcruises.com

I plan on emailing Ms Hoppe even though Visa is looking into this. That is because I am so enraged about the way Crystal has handled this! They are known for their superior customer service but you would never know it from the way they have treated all of us who are still waiting for refunds promised in a timely manner.

I urge all of you who are told that your refund is pending to bug the hell out of Crystal. We need to let them know that they need to do a better job.

Good luck!

• Like 2