The Daily for Tuesday Dec 1, 2020

richwmn

5 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

@Seasick Sailor Great news about your new kitty!  Pictures please!

@DeeniEncinitas How is your thumb healing?  I hope really fast!

@cat shepard Thank you for thinking of me on Sunday in your post. 

And here is a picture of the brownies DGD decorated over the weekend. We had so much fun making them.  As you can see two were eaten before I remembered to take a picture. 

A6EF70CE-DA3D-40E2-9B56-C9B50D97A8F6.jpeg

Sharon thanks for asking! I am doing well and am amazed how much I can do without using my thumb. Stitches come out Saturday👍 Love your brownies, decorated so beautifully!

Denise😊

• Like 4

10 hours ago, rafinmd said:

For those who think Covid only affects the elderly, yesterday Maryland lost a 9 year old.

I was not quite right.  I interpreted the report as 9 years old and the actual post was 0-9.  The child was actually  one-year-old boy.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Awwww!!  So sweet, thanks for sharing her with us!  How old is she?  She looks right at home on your lap. 🙂 

She was born on August 14th. She's 3.2 pounds. She's vaccinated, chipped and so adorable! She squeaks if she can't see me.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Here's Sophie! She is sweet, adorable, inquisitive and wants to be on my lap. She's only been with us 2.5 hours!

1201201226b.jpg

1201201325.jpg

1201201338.jpg

She obviously knows that she's found her forever home. Congratulations to all of you!

• Like 6

Thanks, for the thread! I like apples, so will have one after supper....with caramel dip. 😋 Teehee on the quote.

We woke to a huge dump of snow this morning. DH and I shovelled in the late morning, The snow was wet and heavy. And, luckily, it has seemed to have stopped. I don't think we gat as much as @puppycanducruise. I saw a picture of my granddaughter in Goderich....she was so happy to be out and playing in that white stuff. So was our Bernese Mountain grandpuppy! He ❤️ the snow.

Congratulations to @Seasick Sailor on Sophie's arrival and to @Overhead Fred for getting that last piece of the real estate train all done.

I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of such a young child. 😞 

My niece is surviving her isolation but missing her nursing job at the hospital. Her dad needed to be tested for work and has tested negative. My sister and nephew have to wait until Friday to be tested, but we're assuming that they will test negative as well. We had the first death in our small village this week-a man in his 40's.

I have wrapped every gift that needs to be wrapped so far. I'm waiting on about 6 more to come, but will wrap as they come in. I still haven't mailed my parcel to Newfoundland. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow morning.

Blessings to all.

Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Wear a mask! 😷

• Like 12

We got quite a bit of snow last night into this morning and then through the day today.  It is supposed to continue for a few more hours.  I was glad I had done my grocery run yesterday in anticipation.   I stayed in all day today.  I took my shower and put clean pajamas on. That is total decadence.  But, I was productive.  I dusted and polished the furniture in my bedroom, swept the floors, changed the bed, did laundry.   It really didn''t seem like much.   I did leave some for tomorrow in case we are snowed in again.

@Seasick SailorThe kitty is so cute.  Enjoy!

@DeeniEncinitasI'm glad the thumb is coming along nicely.  

@Overhead FredCongratulations on the real estate deal.

@Dismomx5I'm glad your niece is doing well and happy that her dad tested negative.  Fingers crossed for your sister and nephew.  

@richwmn and @rafinmdThank you for all you do for this thread each day.   It is greatly appreciated, more than you can know.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

We went out to Butchart's for lunch today.  It is looking very pretty, but deserted... Even the garbage bins are decorated..

IMG_5341.thumb.jpeg.ed89c7e6ea97cfaf732446f555bd289c.jpeg 

Super to have lunch at Butchart, good idea to decorate the garbage bins.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Here's Sophie! She is sweet, adorable, inquisitive and wants to be on my lap. She's only been with us 2.5 hours!

Sophie is very cool! This is ours, Stiv. It's a bit different than having two large dogs, Wodan and Jinx, one of them (Wodan) being a working dog. We learned very quickly that there IS a difference between dogs and cats

Stiv 2015.jpg

John & Maria 1989.jpg

Funny Cats Vs. Dogs Comics

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, kazu said:

@rafinmd and other Prinsendam aficionados, I was working our cruise spread sheet for the Volendam to see what ships will be in port with us and low and behold, the Amera will be the only ship joining us in Cadiz and Tangier.

I’m kind of excited to see the Prinsendam one more time. 🙂  Wish there was a way to be able to board and see the changes up close and person.

@kazu I’m happy for you! 
Wouldn’t it be nice to see her again, even from a distance.

When we were on her, her last port stop was in Bergen, and Vasco di Gama ( née Statendam) parked across the pier from her. They had quite the toot fest when VdG pulled out of the harbor.

94F46116-9B46-4961-A15B-E37347E9A7DD.jpeg

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

@kazu I’m happy for you! 
Wouldn’t it be nice to see her again, even from a distance.

When we were on her, her last port stop was in Bergen, and Vasco di Gama ( née Statendam) parked across the pier from her. They had quite the toot fest when VdG pulled out of the harbor.

Thanks.  I'm going to see what I can from a distance.  I doubt I could get on, unfortunately but it will be a joy to see her one more time.

I always loved being in port with other ships when I was on her as she was so pristeen and small and the welcome back sign.  She'll be in reasonable company with the Volendam though.  It's not that big of a ship.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I was not quite right.  I interpreted the report as 9 years old and the actual post was 0-9.  The child was actually  one-year-old boy.

Roy

that's even sadder, Roy 😔 

• Like 1

That's so sad to read about a young child succumbing to this awful virus. My heart goes out to the parents. Love the idea of a zoom meet and greet. That would really be fun.

Normally, we would be leaving tomorrow for 4 months in sunny Florida and maybe a short cruise which we've done twice from Ft. Lauderdale in the last few years. But, fears of getting covid are keeping us home. Still waiting for results of my grandson's covid test.

This too shall pass and one day everything will be back to normal and we'll all be cruising again. Till then, wear a mask, wash your hands, and stay safe everyone.

• Like 5