Regal Mini Suite question

Robin1961

I am looking for how can you tell what side the bed is on once you enter the cabin.

Due to the plug situation, I need the bed on the right side once you enter. [CPAP]

From reviewing the videos on YouTube, I see all beds on the right side are odd number/ starboard side.

Is this true?

thank you in advance

Robin & Angel "D"

I being a long UL listed, non-surge protected extension cord when we cruise. It does have 3 places to plug in so it can handle a large box-type plug. This can be used in the hotel room prior to a cruise also.

If the bed isn’t on the side I need, I just thread the cord under the bed to the far side.

For me, this is easier than hoping I’ve selected the right room on the ship. And though most hotel rooms now have outlets on the lamp, having the extension cord in the CPAP case is good insurance.

Proper extension cord is the way to go, ready for anything.

You can kind of determine by the placement of the bathroom. Bathrooms are generally placed b2b between cabins port and starboard sides. If you have specific information on one cabin the adjacent cabin is normally the reverse. For example, A314 and A318. The bathroom should be on the left as you enter A314 and on the right as you enter A318. Bed is on the same side as the bathroom. If you call Princess you may get a representative that can help. They can get access to more detailed deck plans if they choose to do so. 

Here's a pix of exactly what you need. There's no need for a long cord. This pix is from a mini suite on the Regal but all of the rooms on Royal class have plugs like this behind the bed. Sometimes it is well hidden behind the bed but it is there....you may need to get your cabin attendant to help you to pull the mattress back.

This is a euro adapter with a 3 in 1 plug in for American devices. You plug your Cpap into this and the device automatically converts for you. Please douuble check with your CPAP supplier. Ours is Resmed and converts without any adjustments. Yours should be the same but best to double check.

princess electrical.JPG

10 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Extension cord AND plug adapter.  Most CPAP machines are dual voltage (or so I was told by a most reliable respiratory therapist).

Don't forget that there's a 220 outlet behind the bed. With the proper adapter (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SY5O5K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) you can plug in the lamp AND your CPAP.

1 minute ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Don't forget that there's a 220 outlet behind the bed. With the proper adapter (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SY5O5K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) you can plug in the lamp AND your CPAP.

Just saw the @Clampram post, I like that one but you can't plug in the lamp.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

• 2 weeks later...